• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kirby Combo Compilation and New comco discoveries thread

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
COMBO*

Pretty much self explanatory. Share your best combos here, if you have new ones, report them. If we could also come up with a list, that'd be great too

Stoo99

Smash Cadet
on heavier characters:

fthrow, uair, utilt, dthrow (the last step here only works on the heaviest chars, or people who dont DI away)
(and variations of this with less stages)
then follow with maybe an utilt, another grab or an uair if you can read your opponent.
on lighter characters, sometimes just fthrow to uair, sometimes not even that, though im sure everyone knows this

fthrow to hammer (at low %s)
good for mixup, and damage i guess, though generally comboing with tilts etc is better

fastfalled dair (from p. high) to ftilt/utilt (at low-ish %s)
good way to get to ground quick and ftilt catches some by surprise

fthrow to fair (at mid %s)
from roughly 40% till abit later (i dont know actualy %s), this is your best option from a throw, as no others can combo and this racks some damage.

dthrow to utilt (only works on fastfalling chars and only at low %s)
sorta useless really, fthrow to uair is better but mixup is always good, so on heavy chars you can sometimes get 2>3 utilts, though if the oppnent is any good they'll just DI away

dtilt to dtilt/ftilt
at low %s can be linked into one another. also, if the dtilt trips, you can fsmash (you can atempt it anyway, but good players will escape it)

stuff to bair
^_^ utilt, dthrow, upB, bair, uair..stuff leads into bair. *****es get killed.

fastfalling bair to utilt
since ffing a bair is pretty easy to see coming, catching them out with the quick utilt after works p good, though this is probably far too obvious to be useful, as most will just shield and move away, or powershield and retaliate blah blah

Kirby Magatsu

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, i would like new discoveries for Kirby too, but nobody discoveries anything at all =/

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
stuff to bair
^_^ utilt, dthrow, upB, bair, uair..stuff leads into bair. *****es get killed.
who are you, and where'd you come from o_O

'cause I was going to post upair->backair, because I use it all the freaking time, and if the upair lands, the Bair almost always lands

This thread is kind of...eh. Some of these are common knowledge and talked about everywhere throughout the Kirby boards, but most of them are really just improvisation. Improvising is really the way to go, learn the lag times of attacks, what trajectories they send your opponent, and what is best to followup after you hit with a certain attack.

Watching combo videos helps too...and matches...

fthrow->uair->UPthrow to be useful on Snake at low percentages, since the good ones will pull out grenades, and upthrow is usually a good way to avoid them. Or backthrow. Also, upthrow goes through Snake's Upsmash Mortar, so if you grab him with one of those falling down, upthrow to avoid damage. Just saying o_o

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
my personal favorite:

On skyworld: f-throw>>up-air>>up-smash>>f-smash--51%

then i normally do f-throw>>u-air>>u-tilt>>f-tilt>>f-smash or grab. Dmg varies based on how and where i hit with my 3rd and 4th attack.

Welcome back maraphy. Good to see you posting here again. :)

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace
I drag this from my FAQ:

Combos
Jab lock
F-throw > U-air (Gonzo Combo…character specific)
…I see ChuDatz add …u-tilt >b-air
…Can also repeat Gonzo Combo on heavy characters
F-throw > Aerial Hammer
D-tilt trip > f-smash (0-160%)
U-tilt > u-tilt (Reaper Combo)
Backwards u-air > u-tilt (0-33%) (Hard to do, though unexpected)
N-air > jab (leads into jab lock)
D-air > f-tilt
N-air > d-tilt
D-tilt > jab (lock)
B-air > b-air (a.k.a. wall of pain)
D-throw > u-tilt (character specific)

Strings
Jab > anything else
U-tilt > any aerial
B-air > f-tilt
F-throw > f-air
D-throw > u-air
D-throw > footstool jump
D-throw > b-air
U-air > u-air
Final Cutter to jab (lock)
Footstool Jump to fast-falled n-air

Anything else not mentioned I will assimilate into the FAQ.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
This thread is kind of...eh. Some of these are common knowledge and talked about everywhere throughout the Kirby boards, but most of them are really just improvisation. Improvising is really the way to go, learn the lag times of attacks, what trajectories they send your opponent, and what is best to followup after you hit with a certain attack.

You're judging this thread based on the 1 reply it got, and the combos in that one reply... This thread is going to be full of all of Kirby's combos

SmileyStation said:
Welcome back maraphy. Good to see you posting here again. :)
Hey Smilez : D

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Some that I like that haven't been mentioned:

-B-throw > Hammer (At low %s.): This one probably makes you go "huh?", but truth is, at low percentages, they are just in range of an aerial hammer hit, and B-throw seems to keep them stunned long enough to hit unless they DI the right way, which, since NO ONE ever seems to use the B-throw, they probably won't expect it and won't DI right. Definitely not fool-proof, but it's pretty effective nonetheless.

-FFed Nair>Ftilt/Dtilt>Fsmash (Only at low %s)

-Dair>Dthrow>whatever (It just looks so cool)

-Dair>Ftilt>Fsmash (Fsmash not guaranteed, but it hits often enough to warrant attempting it.)

-Uthrow>FC (Not the best... at all... I just like doing it occasionally because no one expects it. Only works at low %s.)

-Dthrow>Utilt (optional)>Dair>throw or Ftilt (This must be getting repetitive, but only at low %s)

-Fthrow>Uair>Wolf Blaster

-FFed Fair (so that the last hit doesn't connect)>anything (Hey, this one works at any %! Yay!)

That's all I can come up with off the top of my head, though I'll add more later.

8BitRevolver

Smash Journeyman
i found a pretty cool jab lock combo
if some1 is right next to you, up b out of shield but dont hit them with the last part of the attack and it will just spike them behind you so u can jab lock em

is that better

Tiersie

Smash Ace
i found a pretty cool jab lock combo
if some1 is right next to you, up b out of shield but dont hit them with the last hit of it and it will just spike them behind you an u can jab lock them
I did not undertstand anything you said there. Try this new cool thing. Grammar. But what's your point?

Also I find that Kirby's combo's are mostly just based on mindgames and unpredictability. With a bit of luck you can chain a lot of things.

I do have a question though. If I D-throw at low %. Should I go for another D throw or Utilt 2x the follow with an aerial. What do you guyus suggest?

SmileyStation

Smash Journeyman
up-air before you hit the ground>>grab>>f-throw>>up-air>>neutral-air>>f-tilt

up-air before you hit the ground>>grab>>f-throw>>up-air>>up-tilt>>f-tilt

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
I do have a question though. If I D-throw at low %. Should I go for another D throw or Utilt 2x the follow with an aerial. What do you guyus suggest?
It depends on the character. Most of the time you should u-tilt, or else they might be able to escape.

Some characters, like Ike, can be chased around and regrabbed easily, even after a couple dthrows. That's 'cause they have laggy attacks, and if you can shield and grab in time, it's easy to chain the crap out of them.

Beware that Ike's nair is autocancelled though...

And I think 8bit was talking about where you spike downwards onto the ground with Final Cutter....but the opponent lands right behind where you send the shockwave off? And then you can jablock them when they're on the ground?

I just realized something...every time I saw "jablock" I was thinking about when you jab against a wall and it's hard to escape until your damage is high...but are you guys talking about the ones where you jab them once when they're helpless on the ground, and you can punch them around the stage? I don't think I've ever done that in an actual game, I should try it though >_<

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I just realized something...every time I saw "jablock" I was thinking about when you jab against a wall and it's hard to escape until your damage is high...but are you guys talking about the ones where you jab them once when they're helpless on the ground, and you can punch them around the stage? I don't think I've ever done that in an actual game, I should try it though >_<
I envy you... Kel's put me in the most annoying lock ever seen: QA Lock. Oh I was pissed...

Also, for the Final Cutter thing, I think that only works if they DI behind you on the way down (though normally they should DI away on the way up...).

Also, this isn't really a combo, but I do like it: FFed AD>Utilt>anything

Tiersie

Smash Ace
I envy you... Kel's put me in the most annoying lock ever seen: QA Lock. Oh I was pissed...

Also, for the Final Cutter thing, I think that only works if they DI behind you on the way down (though normally they should DI away on the way up...).

Also, this isn't really a combo, but I do like it: FFed AD>Utilt>anything
AD?

Blabla must be 10 characters

Just realized. That what all the 10somethingsomethings are for! Makes sense.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Fthrow>Uair>Fthrow>aerial hammer (from 0% )
Done at the start of your opponents life this will clock up 44% damage, shifting the fight massively in your favour. The hammer won't always hit on floaty characters like Zelda and Lucario or on light characters.
If no one else has claimed it, I call it the Vermy Combo =]
And on the edge, using bthrow>bair>2nd hit of aerial hammer will do wonders. Used right, the 2nd swing of an aerial hammer will kill Marth at 57%.
Using stone>hammer/Bair can play heavy mind games if timed right, just before you hit the ground. The crumbles of stone cloud your movements and using hammer or Bair will prevent you being grabbed and vulnerable.

And lastly, Dair>Dthrow>Utilt>Utilt. (Low %) Known as the Kirbstomp.

And spam hammer at close range. The Hammer is godlike.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
@ Tiersie: Ack, sorry, hadn't seen that post. AD stands for air dodge, FFed AD means fast falled air dodge.

@Vermilis: I'm pretty sure almost every character (except the really heavy ones) can DI out of the hammer, which they should be doing to DI out of what looks like the Gonzo combo anyway, though I haven't tested it.

And on the edge, using bthrow>bair>2nd hit of aerial hammer will do wonders. Used right, the 2nd swing of an aerial hammer will kill Marth at 57%.
Again, can be easily avoided, though I tend to be able to get it off, since no one expects a Bthrow and as such they really don't know what to expect out of it.

Vermy

Smash Champion
My Vermy Combo (Fthrow>Uair>Fthrow>Hammer) works on:
Snake, King Dedede, Falco, Marth, Wario, Donkey Kong, Wolf, Fox, Zelda, Bowser, Luigi, Ike, Sheik, Mario
Charizard, Ivysaur, Yoshi, Ganondorf, Link, Captain Falcon.

A few of them can DI out of the hammer, but at the start of a stock its still worth a shot if you can get it in.
44% from the get go tips the battle in your favour, especially if you're on a high % ans your opponent has a fresh life on the field

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
this is my combo, and i've been trying to practice it everytime, but it only works on heavy weights and fast fallers and those unlucky enough to fall for it:

f-throw> u-air> d-throw> u-tilt> nair> f-throw> aerial hammer. 66% to 75%, depending if the 1st or 2nd hammer connects. i call it the retro combo. usually, this combo can send your opponent off to the bottom level of the stage. that is your chance to spike them, and they won't be able to recover. cool huh?

Tiersie

Smash Ace
Lol Vermy combo. Sorry Vermy but no. I don't think you get rights to that.

Also please post vids of you actually doing the combo if you can. I don't understand how to do half of the combo's said in here.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
how to combo with Kirby: improvise

There, end of thread. :/

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, yeah Asidoh, but it helps others to put some strings that usually work. The problem is, some of the ones here look like they'll only work on comps... +Improvisation is only so good. You can only truly win with the power of FLUDD! (or ROB laser)

@Vermiis: I haven't tried this, but I KNOW the list you made is wrong. First off, Snake can escape any Fthrow>Uair combo by simply pulling out a grenade. It appears faster than your Uair and both of you explode. Yoshi's Nair comes out fast enough to interrupt the kicks in Snake's Nair, so I KNOW it comes out faster than Kirby's Uair. I believe the same applies to Link.
Falco could *probably* beat the Uair with a Dair or reflector. Fox and Wolf can *probably* reflector it or Fox could again probably Nair it. I'm not sure about these two because it's true they do fall fast. Actually, due to Link's fall speed, the same might be true for him. All four can beat out the hammer this way though.
Luigi and Mario can both get out of this. I have no doubt that they can get an aerial out before the Uair (Nair), or at the very least before the hammer, and hell, Mario might even be able to cape the Hammer.
Charizard might be able to Bup out of it too since it gives him SA and is pretty fast.
Marth could Bup out of it. Or counter the hammer...
Ganon *might* be able to FC before you get the hammer off, though I kinda doubt it... He's scewed... like usual...
Falcon could beat this with a Uair or knee lulz...

Basically, it can work, but it's not quite as foolproof as you make it sound. Most people won't be hit though. Either they'll do what I said or DI out (or find their own way to counter you).

Have you been trying this on good players or comps?

@Retro: See above. Also, most people will NOT let you get that Nair off, and especially the hammer hit after. By the time you get to that last throw, every character should have enough % to DI out.

Vermy

Smash Champion
@fromundaman
Wow. You're good. I tip my hat to you, I have been bested. And I've been trying it on mixes of cpus and good players. But only 5 or 6 were real players and they still made a struggle. Space animals, link and heavyweights cannot get out of it that I am aware of.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Just a note: here are some characters that can completely escape the "Gonzo combo", or screw you up if you're not careful. I'm not 100% sure on everything, but these are some of the things that have happened to me, off the top of my head:

-G&W can up B either after the fthrow, or after the uair. It usually doesn't damage me, but it knocks me up a little and gets him way out of range for anything.
-Wolf and Fox can use Reflector after the fthrow->uair. If you're going for a second fthrow, you will have to shield the reflector of a good Fox/Wolf and then quickly grab.
-Marth can up B out of the combo as well, because he's lame as hell.
-This is just speculation, but Pit's Up B might screw this up as well, since it has a pushback effect. I don't know though.
-This doesn't work on Sheiks that DI because of how skinny she is...you can't really combo her well after dthrow OR fthrow...hammer might work, but dodging/blocking that is always an option, as far as I know.
-Snake blows both of you up at anytime, anywhere, because he's broken as crap.
-Sonic can up B after the uair, and it will hurt you if you don't avoid it.

That's all I can think of right now, there's probably more :[

What's more depressing is listing all the characters that can Dair (or other attack) you after you use Copy.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hehe, thanks. I hate to sound like I'm bashing you, since it is a good idea (and one I occasionally use since, for some reason, I can't get the reverse Utilt for the life of me), but it can be escaped by a quite a lot of people if they know what to do.
To your credit, not many Snakes will grenade unless they've some Kirby experience, I doubt many Yoshi players know their Nair beats it.

Falcon players probably would though, since they study their matchups pretty intensely in the vain hope of ever winning :laugh:
The mario brothers and Marth should really have no trouble ever getting out of this either... At least I know my Mario uses Nair as his *Oh ****, combo!* move (Heh, in fact, I was playing a friend in a just for fun game on Shadow Moses, he was D3 and had me CGed against the wall, but as soon as he stopped to Utilt, my Nair came out and I ended up beating the living **** out of him with 300% lulz. Barely lost that match...), and it usually tends to work well, and Marth users use their UpB the same way.

I know how frustrating it can be to have "unbeatable" techniques you tested on CPUs which pretty much can't work on human players (Like Dair>Dthrow>Utilt>Dair>Dthrow>Usmash...).

-This doesn't work on Sheiks that DI because of how skinny she is...you can't really combo her well after dthrow OR fthrow...hammer might work, but dodging/blocking that is always an option, as far as I know.
Shiek's Nair is fast enough to get between Snake's Nair kicks, so I think she can beat out the combo(s) with her Nair too. You're better off trying to improvise combos or using her needles to combo when facing Shiek.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sorry for the double post, but I have to correct myself.

Vermiis, I apologize, you tipped your hat too soon. Just tested your combo, and it turns out neither Link nor the Space animals or Ganon can escape it as I said they could. I was surprised, but for some reason, the reflector can't come out during the combo.

Didn't try Charizard or Falcon, but the others I mentioned can all escape it.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Excellent. =3
I have a tourney tomorrow and (for lack of better words) I am so gunna destroy some furries. =p

Glick

Smash Lord
Key: FT: Front Throw DT: Down Throw
UA: Up Air FA: Front Air FS: Front Smash US: Up Smash H: Hammer

ALL FROM ZERO

Real Combos
Falco: FT UA FT UA FS 51%
FT UA FT H 44%

Falco: FT UA FT UA FA 47%
FT UA FT UA US 51%

I started a giant list of kirby combos today and this is what I have so far. Not sure if they are strings or true combos. But I was pretty sure the top ones were real combos.

I want to have a giant list of all the characters but it will take time. But it will be great.

Tomato Kirby

Smash Ace

I started a giant list of kirby combos today and this is what I have so far. Not sure if they are strings or true combos. But I was pretty sure the top ones were real combos.

I want to have a giant list of all the characters but it will take time. But it will be great.
So everyone just ignores my (probably incomplete) combo list. :( Yours is OK since it's character specific.

SHFF B-air to u-tilt...?

Glick

Smash Lord
Well it was more for myself, then for the community. No offense. I just don't want to have to deal with people saying its not real etc. I rather just do what works best against my opponents instead of everybody elses.

And your right, it is character specific. Thats the point. Its supposed to help with matchups since some chain throws don't work with all characters due to their weight and their speed of falling.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
On water stages: Dair mini-spike to Stoneas they float back up. (I don't know the percent, but it's not bad, and a killer KO move (which is good, considering the point in a KO move is to kill...).)

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
I just discovered a combo while randomly playing online today. Forgive me if this is well-known.

Neutral-a->fsmash

It works like this: you use your neutral a combo, and right as they're about to DI out, stop and f-smash. It may be because I might not have been playing great people, but it failed my once out of about 15 times, and always worked at low percents. D-throw is a good set-up for this if they don't expect it, or you can just wait for the opportunity. If I remember correctly (which I probably don't), I think i dealt a maximum of 45%, and never going below 35.

What do you guys think?

kenja0

Smash Apprentice
I've had this for quite a while and it's still in the process of being tested.

From 0%: D-Throw > Up-Tilt > Swallow

This combo can surprise aggressive people into getting their power absorbed. It works a great deal,
however, 2/3 of the cast can cancel this combo while the other 1/3 will fall into Kirby's Swallowing range. But it should only be used as a surprise move since it can be canceled. As for how it's canceled I will keep a secret for now.

It can guarantee an Absorb for some enemies- Fox, Falco, Wolf, Snake- which all have a useful B move. Against Fox, you can do multiple Up-Tilts before Swallow (to 20%). It is also advised that Wolf be between 1 and 4% because he can land fast enough to escape.

It can also get in a surprise Kirbycide if the enemy is not careful, but why wouldn't they if it's a Kirbycide?

A1lion835

Smash Champion
Lurking the Kirby Social thread with my rock buds.
Hm. This worked extremely well in my series of matches (vs CF and Marth). Marth tried to counter the utilt once, but he slashed above me and I ate him anyway:laugh:. F-smash can also replace inhale, and the combo does pretty good damage. Thanks for the awesome combo.

Ekimaster

Smash Cadet
Falco: FT UA FT UA FS 51%
My friend learned to break out of this by jumping. It might be me timing it wrong, but I don't think so. It still works on Fox and some others though (but what's this about the reflector? That doesn't sound good...).

Against Falco I now:
Fthrow > UAir > DThrow, followed by uptilt, which I don't think always works. sometimes if he tries to attack I can shield grab him, which is fun. sometimes I can follow him into the air too...

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
i think i'm going to make up a new retro combo. i'm thinking it in my head. right now though i'm getting ready for finals so i can't test it out. i'll let you guys know as soon as i get some results. if it works out, it should be more reliable than my old retro combo. oh and i just went to a tourney and some people were caught in my combo. i've even earned a motto for it- get grabbed, get wrecked! lol.

KO M

Smash Apprentice
Well this is not a combo but if your up against snake, when he grabs his grenade grab him and and do a Uthrow, there instant death for the guy.

Top Bottom