• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Robo Series

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
There have been two of them released in the US... Anybody here like them? I have them both, I think the GC one is a better, but Arena doesn't suffer from balance issues like it's predecessor.

I think the Wii needs one. Much like F-Zero GX, CR looks AMAZING for a GC game, and looks better than 95% of Wii games. Nintendo should make sure that the new one does too.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Dear Delta_BP26,

Thank you for supporting awesomeness.

Sincerely,

SkylerOcon

On-topic:

The Wii DEFINATELY needs one. I loved the first two, as they both gave me endless hours of entertainment. Next time, hopefully, they'll have more parts and a storyline more like the one for the Gamecube which was pretty awesome.

I also hope they make pods not suck the next time around.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dear Delta BP26,

Thank you for making this thread. Custom Robo is indeed in need to succeed as a Wii game.

- Spire

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Lol, you're welcome.

The Gamecube one actually had an amazing story when you think about it. Government gayness and whatnot. Also, pods are awesome. It's just finding applications that is difficult. And, bring back my favorite bombs from the GC one, the Double Mine bomb.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah. Pods are awesome, for sure, but they have like hardly any use.

I like the Wall Bomb the best. I think it was in both games, but I'm not sure. I've never actually beaten the Grand Tour (or whatever its called). I think I'm on the last tournament and currently have a silver on it. I think I've gotten gold on everything else.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I'm playing through the Grand Battle right now for the 2nd time, and I remember this one tournament I kept destroying but would only get a bronze. I love the Wall Bomb too, btw.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah.

I love how they make the distinction between illegal/legal parts, to make it harder to get high scores. So you have to actually be good at the game to 100% it.

Man, I love me some Custom Robo. Doesn't the DS version have wifi?

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Yeah. Wifi FTW. The online is great, MPH quality actually.

That reminds me... Rahu III was hard as f**kin hell. He made me yell. Me being the only one left with a Sword Storm Gun and 10 HP when he can do 400+ damage with one gunshot at close range= not good. He OWNS the CRA final boss.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
CRA? That's the evil association that Hero's dad worked for, right?

In any case, Rahu III is ****. But the Dragon gun on one of the Robo's with flying capabilities takes him out pretty easily.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Hahaha. That just goes to show how long its been since I've played these (and now I suddenly want to again). Night, man.

Oh, and for anybody else that may come across this, did anybody ever actually manage to 100% any of the CR games?

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Custom Robo was pretty fun. Yes, I was the dummy who said that the world was a sphere. This would make a good game for the Wii. Just speed up the gameplay.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
The gameplay was already intensely fast. It would make a good Wii game, as long as the 3 Way isn't broken like it was in the DS version.

binki4

Smash Apprentice
i interesting of custom robo because it like pokemon so play it since my birthday so i really like it so mucch more than you think so i whilling to wait for the custom robo on wii so i could play it all day to enjoy
so i interesting about custom robo series

M.K

Level 55
I played the first one (On the Gamecube?) all the way through. I remember the last area was like...a haunted carnival or something.
The whole legal/illegal parts things is just sinister!

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I've never actually played wifi over Arena. I would like to play somebody, though I'm probably terrible at it now.

notftomearth7

Smash Lord
On the blue planet next to the sun, can't miss it!
The multiplayer had the replay value of an average Nintendo game, which is a good thing. The single player though, was excellent. It was a string of battles, that was held together by a good story, that had an awesome twist that you didn't see coming from Nintendo. Even if you expected it from Nintendo you still couldn't see it coming.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Wow. For the DS, I thought the story was crap, the replay value was godly, and the multiplayer was insanely good. For the GC one, it's the same, except the story was actually amazing.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Yeah. The storyline for the DS version was barely passable, only given leeway because of the awesome fighting in that game.

HylianBoy

Smash Apprentice
Custom Robo is so underrated, and to the point where Ray 01 wasn't in Brawl. -_-
I just hope they make a Wii title.

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
Man, I was sooooo pissed when I found out Wolf was the person in that final slot on that fateful day in January when the guy got Brawl early... I wish it was Ray 01. Now, I wanted Wolf in too, but Ray would have been so awesome.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Awesome game. It was made for tourney play. Has interactive stages, many different parts and models AND it has it's own double blind pick system intergrated into the game.

This game was MADE to be played in tournaments, but it never got off the ground in the U.S which is a shame.

I also made a tier list for the model types in this game.

Anyone wanna see it?

Top Bottom