• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tourny Matches ft. Afro Thundah, Seibrik, Lambchops

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Matches from the Nexus Tourny

Advent (Diddy) vs Shado Link 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PckA4eOc3Tg

Advent (Diddy) vs Shado Link 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH7arcgcx7Q

Advent (Diddy) vs Lambchops (Snake) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy-vbGWhUG8

Advent (Diddy) vs Lambchops (Snake) 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xXW1HeO3gQ

Advent (Diddy) vs Seibriks (G&W) 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlCYAnv3daQ

Advent (Diddy) vs Seibriks (G&W) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBddMaVL1NQ

Advent (Diddy) vs Afro Thundah (Snake) 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AC3bZwdUqT8

* My first time ever playing Afro (or any Wario period) in a tourny, was kinda nervous hence all the stupid mistakes and suicides. The first match didn't get recorded but it was last stock. I'm pretty sure I lost to Wario inexperience than anything else but who knows?

* After the Nexus Tourny I played Chops in A LOT of friendlies. We went back and forth between ****** each other. I had the most fun playing Chops out of anyone else, hes too good.

* My first time ever playing a Link in a tourny. Watch how long I stay at %20 in the first match :) Smarts > Match-up inexperience.

* I pretty much 3 stocked almost everyone at the tourny in every Match (tourny and friendly) The only exception were the few that I lost in. Dojo anyone??

Thanks Vyse for uploading them ^_^

-advent-

ADHD

Smash Hero
Nice ****ing vids, you think really smart and thats what makes a really good diddy.

Edit: advent you just gotta camp wario, wario theoretically can't do anything without being punished and if he bikes over your nanerz just shield it. Let wario come to you not the opposite. IMO that's how I handle wario's because it's just so much easier to camp them. I just have a naner in my hand and in front of me and bait a mistake.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Count - Tell me what ya think when ya get to see all the vids.

Dojo - Your not bad, we all need to get better. And I did see improvement from your last vids.

Noir - The ones vs Lambchops Snake are my personal favorites. I like playing top level Snakes.

Chrome - Yea like I always say my style is more "Smart-Technical" But thanks A LOT on the Wario advice. That was my first time ever playing Wario so I didnt really know what to do, and of all people I get AFRO THUNDAH first round lolz.

Thanks everyone for watching. :) Any more advice/critiques?

-advent-

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Count - Tell me what ya think when ya get to see all the vids

Dojo - Your not bad, we all need to get better. And I did see improvement from your last vids

Noir - The ones vs Lambchops Snake are my personal favorites. I like playing top level Snakes

Chrome - Yea like I always say my style is more "Smart-Technical" But thanks A LOT on the Wario advice. That was my first time ever playing Wario so I didnt really know what to do, and of all people I get AFRO THUNDAH first round lolz.

Thanks for watching everyone :)

-advent-
Just a tip for one part against the snake. I need to make this 2nd nature too, but you see on his last life when you spiked him? After he dropped and missed 2 kicks, you should have just let him up B to the stage and just grab him. It's an autokill.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Nice matches man. :)
You've got a very nice style of play.

I watched the Seibrik ones a couple of times each. Had my first Diddy tourney experience this weekend. Got owned nicely by LeeMartin's Lucario. Then I had an amazingly close set with Hylian's GnW. Went to 3rd match lost stock high percent. Way too close. Hopefully I'll be a bit more prepared.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
advent, you know how long it took for me to eventually watch your combo vid...who knows when i'll get around to watching these. just know that they will be watched eventually :laugh:

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Just a tip for one part against the snake. I need to make this 2nd nature too, but you see on his last life when you spiked him? After he dropped and missed 2 kicks, you should have just let him up B to the stage and just grab him. It's an autokill.
I'm a little confused as to what you mean? Any ways it is true that grabbing Snake out of his UP-B might gimp him but that doesn't work on top level Snakes (Afro, Ally, Lambchops etc...) they can drop their cipher to sweet spot the edge and even if I do actually grab them, he knows how to C4 himself to not get gimped. Thanks man because that is really good advice but will probably work on everyone but a few top snake players. Then again I'm not really sure if that's what you were talking about?

Nice matches man. :)
You've got a very nice style of play.

I watched the Seibrik ones a couple of times each. Had my first Diddy tourney experience this weekend. Got owned nicely by LeeMartin's Lucario. Then I had an amazingly close set with Hylian's GnW. Went to 3rd match lost stock high percent. Way too close. Hopefully I'll be a bit more prepared.
Thanks, I tried to make up my own playstyle especially since I rarely watch brawl videos :p I don't really know that much about Lucario, but I do have some experience vs GnW. We have the best GnW player XYZ although I do think he quit, but I have also played NoJ, Izzy, and others. Thats good to hear that you came close with a relatively new character for you. Good stuff man.

GDX - LoLz your funny man. Thanks though, I hope you get around to it soon :)

-advent-

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I'm a little confused as to what you mean? Any ways it is true that grabbing Snake out of his UP-B might gimp him but that doesn't work on top level Snakes (Afro, Ally, Lambchops etc...) they can drop their cipher to sweet spot the edge and even if I do actually grab them, he knows how to C4 himself to not get gimped. Thanks man because that is really good advice but will probably work on everyone but a few top snake players. Then again I'm not really sure if that's what you were talking about?

Thanks, I tried to make up my own playstyle especially since I rarely watch brawl videos :p I don't really know that much about Lucario, but I do have some experience vs GnW. We have the best GnW player XYZ although I do think he quit, but I have also played NoJ, Izzy, and others. Thats good to hear that you came close with a relatively new character for you. Good stuff man.

GDX - LoLz your funny man. Thanks though, I hope you get around to it soon :)

-advent-
Ya, I was talking about grabbing them out of the cipher. I don't play snakes often since no one in GA plays snake...or MK lol. I wasn't aware that they can sweet spot it without getting grabbed while coming from under the stage. As for the C4 part, it's better than you killing yourself :p

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Ya, I was talking about grabbing them out of the cipher. I don't play snakes often since no one in GA plays snake...or MK lol. I wasn't aware that they can sweet spot it without getting grabbed while coming from under the stage. As for the C4 part, it's better than you killing yourself :p
That's True. And we have 9000 Snakes and MK's in Fl LoLz.

-advent-

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Well I had the honour of watching these before anyone else lol. :p

You owned afro in the beginning, but once he got on a roll :dizzy:
I think it's just match up experience. You should probably go out of your way to find a wario to practice with.

I've always found that playing Snake's is all about punishing mistakes. It's like what Chrome said about Wario. Though it's a style that probably doesn't suit your Diddy, I tend to wait around at a medium range (outside f-tilt range) and let snake make the first move.

EDIT:
I wish those videos came out at better quality : /
I'll have to get a better video encoder.

Sure the raw files were perfect quality, but sizing them down proved difficult. Or at least, Adobe's in built encoder wasn't working for me. So I just went with movie maker's one (Which is pretty good), but not the best.

Also, you put down that you vs'd Afro's Snake in your opening post >.>
lol

DUB

Smash Lord
Advent I didnt see you in the power rankings in Florida. Seems your playing the best in Florida thought I might see your Diddy in there. Saw GDX though, nice job.

Nice vids, the Link ones were murder, lol Link >.>

sHaDo26

Smash Rookie
sadly dat link was me ^^; lol =>
iam not gonna lie, your awesome man, i have never seen a diddy kong play like dat, and your play style just baffled me ,your ground game was crazy, and i didnt know wat to do
and i reely should have counter picked better.
i was thinkin about Counterpickng norfair or rainbow cruise, but i was'nt sure if counterpicks were allowed.(only nuetrals were allowed last time i went there)
I might have been better off if i did , but you probably still would have won.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
sadly dat link was me ^^; lol =>
iam not gonna lie, your awesome man, i have never seen a diddy kong play like dat, and your play style just baffled me ,your ground game was crazy, and i didnt know wat to do
and i reely should have counter picked better.
i was thinkin about Counterpickng norfair or rainbow cruise, but i was'nt sure if counterpicks were allowed.(only nuetrals were allowed last time i went there)
I might have been better off if i did , but you probably still would have won.
Ya you got worked lol...Next time pick MK. Link is terrible(as you can see) lol.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
DUB: Yea I do play with the best and the only reason I am not on the Power Rankings is because I dont go to that many tourny's. Although many people who have played me and GDX say that I'm better, I still say that he has waaay more match up experience than me. But I am going to start going to more tournies in 09 :)

Shado: Thanks for the compliment, that's the main thing that I worked on was creating my own unique style. You weren't that bad some pretty good bomb stuff you had going there, but you should have counter picked me it would have given you a better chance to win. Hope we play again in the future :)

I thought you were psychic when you took me to Final Destination because I was like who would do that against a Diddy player, unless you knew that was one of my least liked stages. I thought you read my mind lolz.

-advent-

Count

Smash Champion
Great matches, you have nothing to be ashamed about in the wario match. That is one of the best players in the nation, and you went toe to toe with him. Also, you didn't kill him till like 190%, the only time he killed you he got you with a fart at a low percent, and you sded the other two times. Putting all of those factors in, you still about got him.

Diddy is really being represented well in tournies, and I can't wait to go to a couple here in the midwest. I feel like I can at least compete since the midwest doesn't have as many great players as other areas of the country (minus antherz, probably the best pika).

Anyway, great videos, you are always a step ahead of your opponent.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Thankz Count. And yea Diddy is stepping it up. I did suicide a lot :dizzy: but if you liked that match vs Afro you should have seen my other match against him. It was last stock each, I thought I was going to win and lost because I didn't know that Wario was a heavy weight. I wasted my smashes trying to kill him at lower percents. If I had known that Wario was heavy then I would have saved my smashes and would have probably won. Afro is too good, Oh wells... :(

Shado: I fixed your name in this thread and edited the youtube videos with your name, cant have people thinking your name is ???? :)

-advent-

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
Advent I didnt see you in the power rankings in Florida. Seems your playing the best in Florida thought I might see your Diddy in there. Saw GDX though, nice job.

Nice vids, the Link ones were murder, lol Link >.>
advent will be up there soon enough, if starts actually going to more than 1 tourney a year :laugh:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
DUB: Yea I do play with the best and the only reason I am not on the Power Rankings is because I dont go to that many tourny's. Although many people who have played me and GDX say that I'm better, I still say that he has waaay more match up experience than me. But I am going to start going to more tournies in 09 :)
true. advent's tech skill >>> mine. I have what i like to call, ****** fingers. Im suprised i can even glide toss around the stage when i cant wavedash more than 2 times in a row with anyone but samus. :laugh:

we play really different playstyles though, so its hard to judge just by looking at vids whos better between us, but take my word for it when i say that we're equally as hard to beat in a fight for different reasons.

Oh, and dont ever believe that me and advent arent good just cause we're low on the PRs (he'll be like #9-10 when he first gets in). If you come to florida and play the insane snakes we have to deal with, you'd see why its so hard :laugh:

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
true. advent's tech skill >>> mine. I have what i like to call, ****** fingers. Im suprised i can even glide toss around the stage when i cant wavedash more than 2 times in a row with anyone but samus. :laugh:

we play really different playstyles though, so its hard to judge just by looking at vids whos better between us, but take my word for it when i say that we're equally as hard to beat in a fight for different reasons.

Oh, and dont ever believe that me and advent arent good just cause we're low on the PRs (he'll be like #9-10 when he first gets in). If you come to florida and play the insane snakes we have to deal with, you'd see why its so hard :laugh:

So0o true. Even M2k said that he had tough time with our Snakes especially in comparison to the rest of the country. Afro Thundah, Lambchops, HRNUT are all Super Saiyan, then we have players like 8-Bit who are getting there. Best Snakes in the country. Period.

BTW did you see any of the vids yet :)

-advent-

Player-1

Smash Legend
Advent has, by far, the weirdest diddy playstyle, especially in the air. I also loved the use of the underrated moves like nair, uthrow, jab cancels, and sometimes dtilt.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Great vids, you're style is kinda what I am for but it is mainly me throwing bananas, hoping for them to hit, then following them up, i need to use that pop gun more

advent8812

Smash Rookie
Thanks Ballistaboy and Player1. Having my own personal unique play style is what I like to do with all the characters I play.

And yo Dreadz, I left my bag in your car. Any ways we should play sometime and get some stuff recorded.

-advent-

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
No more help on my matches ? Especially vs Wario because I don't really have anyone to train against him, but any critiques on any of my matches are appreciated :)

-advent-

ADHD

Smash Hero
**** advent, I wouldn't doubt it if you're the smartest diddy. What you do is so creative but it's not risky and I've never seen a diddy do that stuff, get some more vids up!

Irsic

Smash Ace
Even though it's more than likely already known, Diddy's utilt beats Wario's dair and nair. I just absolutely loved that when I found it out.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
**** advent, I wouldn't doubt it if you're the smartest diddy. What you do is so creative but it's not risky and I've never seen a diddy do that stuff, get some more vids up!
Thanks man. Its funny because everyone tells me that but idk. I don't really watch brawl vids (mainly becuz there boring) so I don't really know how others play, just try to play the character the way I see fit, I'm sure NinjaLink, Nanerz, and Let Thien does the same.

Any ways as far as vids go I'll try to get some more matches up soon, but I only get to play like once or twice a week :( Vyse might have a couple more of my vids to upload though. I have a million matches of me on my wii, I just don't have a recorder yet >_<

we need to play more matches nd get em recorded
True that. I think everyone would "bust a nut" (literally, holding down the B button too long lolz) if they saw our matches. There too good. I luv gimping Falco, but you and Tedo are both getting better, but right now your by far smarter.

Even though it's more than likely already known, Diddy's utilt beats Wario's dair and nair. I just absolutely loved that when I found it out.

WOW I didn't know that, haha I don't use up-tilt enough. Any more Wario help?

-advent-

§witch

Smash Lord
I feel like a tool for asking but, I saw you grab some nanners off the platforms on PS1 without airdodging or anything, how'd you do that?

Top Bottom