• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

London Melee / Brawl -> GamerBase Tournament. [CANCELED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
THE PEOPLE OF GAMERBASE SED THEYRE GOING TO BUY SOME NEW THINGS FOR THE TIME BEING SO NO TOUNRAMENT :( IM LOOKING FOR A BETTER VENUE :D

Hi guys. Ok , again this still hasn't been confirmed. I'm going to GamerBase today as per the Venue Owner's request for me to test the Wii's and see if they are compatible . It probably will work and that means that this tournament will happen sooner or later. So I'm going to be going to be changing alot of rules in the tournament per what you think.

First off - issue's about Venue.

At GamerBase, the venue owner has agreed to let us use 3 Plasma screen TV's. ( 41 Inch i think) - so this means - I need to appoint SOMEONE TO BRING IN A GAMECUBE OR WII. Also, in the last RanBat - we used 4 stations in which it seemed to work out rather well following a Best of 1 format for Pool games. That worked well. For this tourament - it will probably be like that following a Pool format as then everyone gets to play an equal amount of games before going into the Double Elim. However, this can change depending on time available and amount of people coming.

The owner has kindly agreed to test this at a low cost. Which means....NO MESSING AROUND WHEN THERE. DON'T BE DISRESPECTFUL TO THE VENUE - EQUIPMENT OR ANYTHING ELSE THERE. KEEP IT CLEAN SO WE CAN HAVE TOURNAMENTS AGAIN.

He wants -

Entrance Fee : £5

Prize Draws : *Undecided*
I think the store will open at 10am. Doors for tournament entrants open at 11pm. (Get there early if you have to bring in consoles.) Sign ups start at 11.30 - Play friendlies if you get there early before 11.30 and everything is set. Don't slow down this tournament by friendlies during tournament games.

We will be using a "Nice open Area" which the owner has set us which might be a little smaller than Rebirth, not sure.

Tournament Format:

The Pools system works well. And then the top 2 from every pool will be entered into a double elimination bracket. Since people were unsure on things at Rebirth - here's how it works:

In a pool - u play everyone else in your pool and record it via the cross section sheet. You simply state who won by writing the winner of the name in the section which U and ur opponets name cross.

When everyone has played everyone else - then the top 2 players who have the most wins will go through into a double elimination bracket were it will follow a best of 3 rule

The venue has 85 Dell XPS , Im hoping I can use Tio and make brackets on that. If not, I'll do it by hand.

In Game rules:

Brawl -

Brawl Singles:

Main In-Game Rules:

* 3 stock

* 8 Min Time Limit

* No Items (Turn to "OFF" and "NONE" plz)

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

Affecting Rules:

*Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

*If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

*Bowser's SideB is banned for SD'ing a opponent in 3 times in a row, ALTHOUGH its allowed to be used anywhere else regardless of trying to SD as long as i doesnt it break the rule above.

*If your controller breaks down in a middle of a match, a rematch can be done if agreed by both players.

*Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

*Stalling is Banned

Definition of Stalling:

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Stages:

Neturals:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counters:

Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

*Stages can be voted ON or OFF
*Any stage not on the list can be used if both players agree on it.

Infinites rules:

Mk's Infinite Cape Glitch is banned as mentioned earlier as it is used to stall with which is banned. BUT , players may chose to use it for short spacing to avoid attacks , its alowed as long as you don't stall with it, in which the person oposing must tell the host.

ChainGrabs :

All chaingrabs are allowed WITH THE EXECPTION of it not be able to be in use on a stage which carries on (Stages Like Bridge of Eldin EtC) , ALSO , it is banned on stages with walls like Shadow Moss's Island (Even though this stage is banned, its a example...)

Don't be afraid to contact me (becase Im sure this thread will be full of banter )

Melee -

I'll post this up - it will be the same as the rules at previous ranbats.

This is my first time hosting a inperson tournament so don't argumentative and annoyinig. I'm open for a discussion if you think that something went wrong and for it to be corrected. I've hosted many online ones before so I am secure on brackets etc. I do want some people to help me out. CONK will be helping with brackets - if anyone of you can help by saying who to play etc , it will be much appreciated. Of course, I'll be doing that as well.

So - erm, I'll update and see what's going on with the store and then I'll update about the final details.

DONT BANTER ON THIS THREAD!!!!! PLEASE!!!

EDIT: (Update!)

Okay I went to Gamerbase and got most of the technicaly TV things sorted.

Here we go:

The store has 3 47" Plasma's which will be in use. He hasn't replied for the time or the date so hasn't been confirmed, trying to get in contact tho. THE PLASMA'S SCREEN HARDLY LAG --- I SAY HARDLY BECAUSE IT MAY HAVE SOME LAG BUT IT ISN'T A HUGE PROBLEM 'COS I CAN DO THE MOST ADVANCED TECHS IN BRAWL WITH EASE - THERE SHOULD BE NO AFFECT TO GAMEPLAY WHATSOEVER.

The venue it self is located in the HMV of the Trocadero Center (Picadily Circus). The venue is the best LAN gaming center anywhere (apparently) and has alot of Dell XPS , the fastest Pc on the planet. You can play some of the most hardcore online games there .... COD4 ... etc... Anyways, back to smash. The 3 tv's are alongside a wall so we have avoid crowding.

I've given the thumbs up for this, just waiting for the owner's decision.

Adress:

Gamerbase
Coventry St, London, W1D 7DH, United Kingdom‎ -

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Nice brawler_pit for finding this out, any date idea of roundabout this will happen, I dont want a specific date just roundabout init.
Any idea of the area where this will be hosted?

Random/Neutral Stages

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:

Yoshi's Story
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Mute City
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium
Poke Floats
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land N64
Kongo Jungle N64
Jungle Japes

All Random stages can be used as counterpick as well
Everything else is BANNED

Those are the rules, and remember in melee there is no stage banning for this tourn just like the ranbats so note that down.
And also seems like we maybe need one or two more TVs cos we need two tvs for melee and two for brawl and potentilly one more for friendlies and stuff so does anyone know if they could bring one.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Nice brawler_pit for finding this out, any date idea of roundabout this will happen, I dont want a specific date just roundabout init.
Any idea of the area where this will be hosted?

Random/Neutral Stages

Pokemon Stadium
Final Destination
Dreamland 64
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi's Story

Counterpick Stages:

Yoshi's Story
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Mute City
Green Greens
Pokemon Stadium
Poke Floats
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land N64
Kongo Jungle N64
Jungle Japes

All Random stages can be used as counterpick as well
Everything else is BANNED

Those are the rules, and remember in melee there is no stage banning for this tourn just like the ranbats so note that down.
And also seems like we maybe need one or two more TVs cos we need two tvs for melee and two for brawl and potentilly one more for friendlies and stuff so does anyone know if they could bring one.
Yeah those stages are right and will be used as Prof Fox said.

hmmmm..... I know we need one more TV. I mean- I might ask if we can use a PC monitor as a screen if someone can bring in a adapter :S so if you have on, can you please bring it in? let me know. If not, we need a small TV people could bring in. I'll try to get something organized to get 4 stations. As for friendies go... like i said, come early before sign-ups for them. Like warm-ups and yea we may need it if people get bored of waiting and clog up stuff.

Yes and in the ranbat, a few of my mates were shocked that they were grouped into the same pool which is really lame to go play someone you already do so like every know and then. So Erm, tell me if you're coming together as a clan so I don't group you together.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Dam... This means I need to get more TV's involved. Hopefully the store has adapters and we can use there monitors 0_o?

Frozenwave

Smash Ace
I say we should keep tournaments more rare. Cups dont stay shiny if their used too much.

When will this be done, I might go to this, make sure its kinda far from other events ;P

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
yes, Im not doing this when people are going to out-of-london tournaments. xD it will be in january if alot of tournaments keep popping up.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Plasma screens lag (unless they have game mode)

Also, about the cg rule, shouldn't we just put a limit on it? I understand why cgs should stop on Bridge of Eldin etc but to not do it at all is pretty bad, otherwise you could just CP against a Falco or DDD and they'd be at a really bad disadvantage because they can't cg at all.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice

Also, about the cg rule, shouldn't we just put a limit on it? I understand why cgs should stop on Bridge of Eldin etc but to not do it at all is pretty bad, otherwise you could just CP against a Falco or DDD and they'd be at a really bad disadvantage because they can't cg at all.
DAM!

anyways - Hhhmmmm - this is only to stop CGers to stop doing kills on walk off stages- maybe i should just banned walk off stages and stages with walls.

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman

it says chain grabbing is allowed, just no infinite grabs against a wall.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
whats wrong with infinite grabs against a wall, as long as it's not used for stalling. Don't be the idiot to fall for it =P oh and hey mako XD

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I'm really not a fan of some of the stage choices;

if you want to have a good amount of neutrals:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

These are generally considering the maxmium amount of neutrals for brawl, and even then sometimes pokemon 1 and lylat are counterpick only

I see no problem with the counterpick list or the melee stage choices. I would very much like to attend this tourney but its a seriously long distance for me to travel and I'd hate to loose because of a some crap neutrals.

also about CGs, just ban stages with walls or that are walk off, its generally the norm anyway.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
lylat is worse imo, but ohhh yes, so annoying when playing like falco or sheik, screws up your recovery >_>

Bullet Bill

Smash Master

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

These are generally considering the maxmium amount of neutrals for brawl, and even then sometimes pokemon 1 and lylat are counterpick only

I see no problem with the counterpick list or the melee stage choices. I would very much like to attend this tourney but its a seriously long distance for me to travel and I'd hate to loose because of a some crap neutrals.

also about CGs, just ban stages with walls or that are walk off, its generally the norm anyway.
If you ask me then it would just be better with only those stages. Walk off edges have, are and forever will be, ****. The other ones like Poke2 and pirate ship have too much **** happening. Seriously whoever came up with stages that you can just walk off? Terrible idea

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to ban stages with walk off so no crazy unescaple IC kills or w.e. same with stages with walls, they are banned.

whats wrong with infinite grabs against a wall, as long as it's not used for stalling. Don't be the idiot to fall for it =P oh and hey mako XD
Nothing wrong with it at all... just that every online tournament I've hosted - I get people saying "n00000b! the guy just Wall Infinited me.... I want a rematch!!" so really.... I don't want johns here. And besides, its a fun event.

no poke stadium 2 or bridge of Eldin :dizzy:
The stage list plus counters are from the SBR rule set.

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

People don't add Pokemon Stadium 1 because of all the field changes...:S but I might consider lylat and put it as a counterpick since people will be annoyed that they will upB and miss cos of the change in level.

If you ask me then it would just be better with only those stages. Walk off edges have, are and forever will be, ****. The other ones like Poke2 and pirate ship have too much **** happening. Seriously whoever came up with stages that you can just walk off? Terrible idea
Walk off, and wall stages will be banned.

Yeniths

East Midlands!
I don't think it should be banned, its ridiculously hard to do the ICs infinite, takes a good amount of skill. Ban that, then you just kill the ICs

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
brawler_pit you obviously haven't been in the community much and don't know what/why things are banned. Nothing is wrong with the IC stuff DON'T GET GRABBED. Don't be stupid enough to fall for these things

Jolteon

No it says no chaingrabs on walk-off stages lol.

and yeah honestly i'd just ban walk off stages/wall stages. =/

ICs have crap grab range, crap approach and to top it off they're really not all that fast. Not to mention without their CGs they'd suck and even with their CGs they're not too good, it's like banning gimping because it may take off 1 stock in the match.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
brawler_pit you obviously haven't been in the community much and don't know what/why things are banned. Nothing is wrong with the IC stuff DON'T GET GRABBED. Don't be stupid enough to fall for these things

Yes I have no idea exactly why it maybe banned. I only joined this community a year ago :s. I don't want stupid johns which give me headaches like in my online tournaments. I;m gona go some work and study on why things are banned.

Like...Wiis, Brawls, Melees and ****...maybe a 50" Tv if it fits in my backpack:confused::psycho:

AND MEMORY CARDS!
Thanks JJFOX, bring in a couple more TV's like more than "small" size, and i wont charge u a venue fee. xD

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
Directions will be up once the tournament is confirmed. Its in Picadily Circus, HMV store - Gamerbase is a lan huge cafe.... it has 85 Dell XPS and is founded by Uk's first proffesional gamer Sujoy Roy - the person who found Omega Secktor in Birmingham and Harrow.

brawler_pit

Smash Apprentice
The one in harrow is were i was going to intend to host it, but that went out of buisness a few months ago. Gamerbase is the new Harrow Lan Arena. jjfox, do u think u can make it? cos its not a long ride from harrow to Piccadily cirus.

Jolteon

according to tfl.gov.uk it's like 30 mins from harrow to piccadilly circus, that's really close lol.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace
The one in harrow is were i was going to intend to host it, but that went out of buisness a few months ago. Gamerbase is the new Harrow Lan Arena. jjfox, do u think u can make it? cos its not a long ride from harrow to Piccadily cirus.
yer bare easy bled, hop on the picadily line up the road 45 mins max!! we'll prob be dere for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom