• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Columbia College of Chicago Weekly Smashfests - ??? Soon

Zicore

Smash Champion
PLEASE NOTE! THIS IS MELEE ONLY! IF YOU BRING BRAWL, BE PREPARED TO HEAR INSULTS. NO JOHNS!

WEEKS I KNOW FOR SURE THESE WILL NOT HAPPEN!
Thanksgiving weekend (Gonna be at FBT4)
Christmas Weekend
Possibly the weekend before or the weekend after Christmas.

Smashfests: January 26th
Time: 1-???

These are smashfests that myself and another couple dudes plan on hosting weekly on Sundays so as to not take away from any local or distant tourneys that people host. Its a load of fun, and we have a huge projector. All I can say is bring a controller, a few bucks, and a snack (whether its a 12 pack, or a bag of chips, or something)

Here is all the fancy details to the location and info and whatnot.

525 South State Street
Chicago, IL 60605

There is a red line train that stops literally next to my building. Its the Harrison stop.

My AIM is Mondarz if you have any questions about the fests and whatnot.
My Cell is 715-570-7953 if you need to be let in, or if you have any questions. If you call me any days other then sunday, I will kill you =/

Also, the number of people is somewhat limited to how many people we have letting people in. There is a limit to 3 per person here at the UC (yeah, ****ing dumb as hell, but hey, deal with it.) We will usually have 3-4 people checking people in, and if you need housing for over nights, we have it.

We will also go up to either my room, or jesse's room afterwords to play more, as 6 hours is not enough time to give Melee the proper play time. Here, we can do crews and whatnot.

There will also usually be a $1 tourney, and it will most likely be made up on the spot. You don't have to join, but they will be fun, so stop johning and join.

Also, we need setups. I know we have 2 full setups, but if people could bring like, 1 or 2 more setups, depending on people, we should be good to go.

if there is anything else, let me know.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
About time you got your own thread. ;)
This time might work out better for me this time, but we seriously gotta play alittle more after this. 7:30 is way too early to stop playing Melee.

mslano

Smash Journeyman
Last week's event made me feel like I should play Roy more. Oddly, when I play him, I play the game much better, though unfortunately, he's still Roy and the improved play is not always reflected in results. I'll have to come up with some appropriate themes so that I get to use him as much as possible.

BIG C

Smash Master
Last week's event made me feel like I should play Roy more. Oddly, when I play him, I play the game much better, though unfortunately, he's still Roy and the improved play is not always reflected in results. I'll have to come up with some appropriate themes so that I get to use him as much as possible.
just slay that dragon like a high *** brightside

mslano

Smash Journeyman
1) Yes, I do write very precisely when I post replies. That's just how I roll.

2) Cosmo, that is an awesome sig.

3) Pancakes will be awesome!

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
my sig is RANDOMIZED so far theres 2 in the rotation! :) :)

edit: kels I'll take the pikalink and PROBABLY the sheik luigi we'll see how im feelin though

Cosmo!

nerf zelda's dsmash
the week after pancakes we should do 5 char ironman, 1 character from each tier :)

marth/falcon/ganon/link/yoshi

!! :)

Ray Chun

Smash Apprentice
The real question is: IS RAY CHUN COMING THIS WEEK?
maybe next time.

i'm sure i'll come to one of these. and what is up with these chars/tiers??? dumbest thing ever.

falco/sheik/falco/sheik/blue luigi

i'll see you in the finals.

bro out.

Zicore

Smash Champion
To all those coming today, send me a text if you are planning on coming and what time you plan on arriving. Try to do so before, like, 12, so I can plan ahead to get people to check you in.

# is 715-570-7953

AWWW YEAYUZ! MELEE TIME BABY!

Top Bottom