• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~Lucario Matchup Chart/Discussion: Rotation Twenty-Four: Meta Knight~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero

Introduction

The key to playing a successful Lucario is knowing when you at an advantage, when you are in a stalemate, and when you are at a disadvantage. Why? Because a good Lucario must be able to change his play style depending on his situation. Adaptability: Being able to adjust easily to a new environment or different conditions. Something all Lucarios must be aware of.

As of now, this chart is quite empty. This is where you come in.

How can I contribute?

The purpose of this thread is to discuss where you believe Lucario should be placed in accordance with each character. Does Lucario have an advantage against Mario? This is where to find out.

Are you having trouble with a specific character? Do you want to know how to beat them? Well, this is where you find out.

The only thing that I ask is that you NOT BE BIASED. Saying Lucario is better than all characters is pointless, and in the end only hurts us.
Knowing against who Lucario excels and lacks is vital.

Rather than just saying, "Lucario is advantageous to Ike." say why you believe so.

I will update this chart whenever a conclusion has been met concerning a specific character. The minimun amount of time that we will spend discussing a character is 3 days. The maximum is 1 week.

Other noteworthy discussion topic:

Inverse Match-Up Thread (Kinda dead now)

Original Match-Up Thread (Jeepy Sol's original. Discussions for characters 1-18 can be found here.)

Samuelson's Aura Sphere Priority list. (Shows what projectiles a fully charged Aura Sphere will beat out.)

Phi1 Nye's Playstyle Matchups. (Matchup info categorized by your specific playstyle type.)

Things to discuss:

*Behavior of Character- How will this character play a match against Lucario?

*Fundamental Moves- What moves are most used by this character, and what to watch out for?

*How to Win- What strategies should we incorporate? What tactics can we use to turn the match to our favor and get by the character's strategies?

*Recommended/Cautionary Stages- What stages can we use to our advantage to really mess them up? What stages do they like to use against us?

*Matchup Ratio- How far is the matchup in our/their favor overall?

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
IMPORTANT UPDATES

~Rotation 1~ Mario (pg. 2-8)

~Rotation 2~ Donkey Kong (pg. 8-18)

~Rotation 3~ Link (pg. 18-23)

~Rotation 4~ Samus (pg. 23-29)

~Rotation 5~ Zero Suit Samus (pg. 29-32)

~Rotation 6~ Marth (pg. 33-39)

~Rotation 7~ Kirby (pg. 39-42)

~Rotation 8~ Fox (pg. 42-45)

~Rotation 9~ Pikachu (pg. 45-50)

~Rotation 10~ Luigi (pg. 50-57)

~Rotation 11~ Mr. Game & Watch (pg. 57-65)

~Rotation 12~ Ness (pg. 65-76)

~Rotation 13~ R.O.B. (pg. 76-87)

~Rotation 14~ Snake (pg. 87-94)

~Rotation 15~ Peachy (pg. 95-103)

~Rotation 16~ Zelda (pg. 103-111)

~Rotation 17~ Sheik (pg. 111-117)

~Rotation 18~ Olimar (pg. 117-121)

~Rotation 19~ Ice Climbers (pg. 1-3)

~Rotation 20~ Pit (pg. 3-10)

~Rotation 21~ Bowser (pg. 10-14)

~Rotation 22~ Diddy Kong (pg. 14-18)

~TOON LINK~

Don't get spiked.

Gogogo.

Update Log

6/18 - Thread Posted.
6/19 - Mario Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, Recommended Stages] Updated.
6/20 - Mario Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win] Updated.
6/21 - Mario Info [Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
6/23 - Mario Info [Behavior, How to Win] Updated.
6/23 - Mario Info [Fundamental Moves] Updated.
6/24 - Mario Info [Behavior] Updated.
6/26 - Donkey Kong Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win] Updated. Rough Draft.
6/27 - Donkey Kong Info [Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
6/29 - Donkey Kong Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated. A lot.
7/1 - Donkey Kong Info [Fundamental Moves] Updated.
7/2 - Link Info [Intro] Updated.
7/4 - Link Info [Behavior, How to Win] Updated. Rough Draft.
7/8 - Link Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
7/10 - Samus Info [Intro, Behavior, How to Win] Updated. Rough Draft.
7/12 - Samus Info [Fundamental Moves] Updated.
7/13 - Samus Info [Recommended Stages, Behavior] Updated.
7/14 - ZSS Info [Intro, Behavior, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated. Rough Draft.
7/15 - ZSS Info [Behavior, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
7/16 - ZSS Info [Fundamental Moves, Match-Up, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
7/17 - Marth Info [Intro] Updated.
7/18 - Marth Info [Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Behavior] Updated. Rough Draft.
7/19 - Marth Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
7/20 - Marth Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
7/21 - Kirby Info [Intro, Behavior] Updated. Rough Draft.
7/22 - Kirby Info [Behavior, How to Win] Updated.
7/23 - Kirby Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves] Updated.
7/24 - Kirby Info [Fundamental Moves, Recommended Stages] Updated.
7/24 - Fox Info [Intro, Behavior, How to Win] Updated. Rough Draft.
7/29 - Fox Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
7/31 - Pikachu Info [Intro] Updated.
8/1 - Pikachu Info [Fundamental Moves, How to Win] Updated.
8/2 - Pikachu Info [Behavior, How to Win] Updated.
8/4 - Pikachu Info [Behavior, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
8/6 - Luigi Info [Intro] Updated.
8/7 - Luigi Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves. How to Win] Updated.
8/9 - Luigi Info [Recommended Stages] Update.
8/13 - G&W Info [Intro, Behavior, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
8/15 - G&W Info [Fundamental Moves] Updated.
8/20 - Ness Info [Intro, Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated. Rough Draft.
8/21 - Ness Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
9/6 - ROB Info [Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win] Updated.
9/9 - ROB Info [Behavior, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated. Happy?
9/27 - Snake Info [Intro, Behavior, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
9/29 - Snake Info [Recommended Stages] Updated.
10/14 - Peach Info [Intro, Behavior, Fundamental Moves, How to Win, Recommended Stages] Updated.
11/2 - Zelda/Sheik Info [Buncha' Stuff] Updated.
11/14 - Thread transfered over to Kitamerby's control.
11/26 - Olimar Export Created
12/3 - Linked to Samuelson's thread

Special Thanks

Jeepy Sol for heading the discussion of the first 18 characters.

Blad01 and Steeler36 for the ideas.

Nodrak for helping get this thread started.

Timbers for always contributing to the discussion, going out of his way to ask for other boards' opinions, updating the chart, and just being an awesome person in general.

Coen (I think) for getting stickying this, and Erich for helping me get it stickied.

And last but not least, thanks to everyone who has posted here thus far! Thanks for staying on topic! (Rare for the Lucario boards)

Specifically quoted people: tedward2000, Timbers, D. Disciple, dguy6789, Nodrak, Infi-Tan, Pentaoku, NESSBOUNDER, manhunter098, djbrowny, Sonic The Hedgedawg, Ark22, Zero Gamer, Erich, Kitamerby, Kasai, Illucamy, Bouse, Fizzle, Emblem Lord, phi1ny3, betterthanbonds9, T-nuts, SparkSpiegel19, MK26, Trexxen, Pgh-M@v-Pgh, Trela, SparkEd, hippiedude92, Conclusively, cutter, tomkraven, Simna ibn Sind, Kappie, FlameWakeK, DarkDragoon, Trapt497, Praxis, Col. Stauffenberg, Jehonaker, LordoftheMorning, Awex, BlackWaltzX, Milln, DanGR, iRJi, Wolf Pup TK, Greenpoe

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Reserved in case I need more space.

Note: Matchup discussion will start once the current rotation (Olimar) has ended so as to avoid confusion. Olimar's discussion in Jeepy's thread will continue until the 18th, exactly 7 days after Olimar was decided to become the next rotation.

Timbers

check me out
Probably should have waited to post this until then.

Anyways let me know when you need the chart and ****

May also be a good idea to make a link somewhere in first post to Jeepy's thread, so they can see our discussion on the first 18 characters.

Also would be a good idea to try and get this pinned/other unpinned, as it takes a while for the mods to actually get on this.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Olimar's export will be done by tomorrow. There was quite a bit of information if you counted the other topics dedicated to the matchup. The next character is Ice Climbers.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Nah I'm not kidding at all. Nana is the best female character in Brawl. For this match just space really well with Fsmash and AS and do your best not to get grabbed. I believe that IC's Uair out prioritizes our Dair. You can separate them pretty well with some attacks but IC mains are going to try to keep that from happening. Don't underestimate solo Popo, play against him just as well as you would any other character. It's not that hard to stay away from IC's grab honestly....just space yourself really well and don't land in front of their shield if you're approaching from the air.

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Wait, We're done with Olimar!?!?!
o0

Kita you gotta tell me these things. Crap now I have to make a spot review.....
-t2

Edit*
Oh and wheres all the info? Its just a link that takes me to a bunch of ppl talking.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Wait, We're done with Olimar!?!?!
o0

Kita you gotta tell me these things. Crap now I have to make a spot review.....
-t2

Edit*
Oh and wheres all the info? Its just a link that takes me to a bunch of ppl talking.
The export will be done by tomorrow night.

Browny

Smash Hater
i swear double IC fsmash is weaker than single. so many times ive taken an fsmash form popo and died at absurd %'s (<100 on some stages) while i seem to live a lot longer from a double fsmash. stale move negation excluded, does anyone know if the IC's fsmash is desynched just enough such that popo's fsmash hits them into nanas fsmash, which in turn deals the knockback of a nana-only fsmash (therefore being weaker)?

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
I've played against Melee_1's ICs a few times. Because Lucario is too floaty, ICs can't back pass Lucario, only forward pass. One way to get out of the ice block lock is to tech Nana's attack when you hit the ground, before the ice block hits. DI towards and up when he's back passing. DI away and back against ice block CG; instead of getting hit straight down by Nana's attack, you'll just get knocked away. Also, I'd stay in the air as much as possible, and watch out for IC's neutral B to hit you while getting into range for the grab.

Obv, try to get Nana alone and fair combo her to death (without being put into bad position and landing on the ground where Popo will have caught up and hurt you!) if you can, but remember that if Nana is in the air and Popo is on the ground and shields, Nana will air dodge. Unless the ICs player is a noob, I'd treat Nana as if she's any other player trying to recover safely.

Ilucamy

Smash Journeyman
Just kill Nana before you get grabbed and then treat Popo like a smaller, faster, lighter, weaker Dedede. For ways to separate them, just jump in and dair should do the job. Once Nana is alone, just bombard her with attacks, she'll just go in a straight line back to Popo

Once Popo is by himself, just get him offstage and gimp.

If you can't separate them, I have no idea how to handle them. They're just too good together >_>

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
At first, ppl will think ur kidding, but actually, in the videos I've seen, killing Nana is not only surprisingly easy, it also made IC's a whole lot easier.
This.

however, I wouldn't aim for her, rather going for it if the opportunity came up.

and like everyone else should say, never try grabbing them when they are together. It won't work with a second buddy to knock the other out of it.

Sand-Trap

Smash Journeyman
and like everyone else should say, never try grabbing them when they are together. It won't work with a second buddy to knock the other out of it.
In my experience, ICs can only CG Lucario if you DI improperly or when Popo and Nana are together. Since Lucario's forward throw is so fast, if you know you can get the grab off, it can be a great and surprising way to separate the two. What I've done before is mindgame the opponent and quickly grab + throw whoever I grab, then roll forward so that you're in between the two characters while dodging an attack from the second IC. Now you're in position to go after whichever IC you want, or constantly keep them separated as if it was a 2v1.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Obviously you are going to need to stay away from the grabs because if the ICs are any good whatsoever you will eat lots of damage really fast if you don't space correctly.

They can desynch to get grabs easier and set up combos, but it makes them less defensive.

Some of their aerials do good amounts of damage such as Bair doing 19%

I say the matchup is in our favor, we will need to use our longer ranged moves and AS well and split up the IC's asap. The player will do all they can to keep Nana because she is the reason they are good. they don't have good priority above them on the ground so fair dair is a good approach as long as u hit and don't get grabbed.

In the air, they an Ok reach and good damage but their moves are kinda laggy, so we can punish them if they miss.

Id say 55:45 in our favor, with Nana gone close to 65:35

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
In my experience, ICs can only CG Lucario if you DI improperly or when Popo and Nana are together. Since Lucario's forward throw is so fast, if you know you can get the grab off, it can be a great and surprising way to separate the two. What I've done before is mindgame the opponent and quickly grab + throw whoever I grab, then roll forward so that you're in between the two characters while dodging an attack from the second IC. Now you're in position to go after whichever IC you want, or constantly keep them separated as if it was a 2v1.
I've been hit while trying still by the other ice climber 60% of the time. I can get it off sometimes, but it's hard to tell who wins when you quick throw.

This is a good way to get them separate if it works, but this could lead us into their deadly grab range.

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
For this match just space really well with Fsmash and AS and do your best not to get grabbed.
The ICs have a really easy time punishing fsmash. They can squall hammer over it and hit you from behind on reaction. I only recommend using it if you want to KO. I'm guessing that AS=aura sphere? If so, AS isn't actually very good in this match-up since ice blocks beat them.
I believe that IC's Uair out prioritizes our Dair.
I think Lucario's dair is actually one of the few dairs in the game that beats the ICs' uair.
You can separate them pretty well with some attacks but IC mains are going to try to keep that from happening.
I agree that Lucario is good at separating the ICs. At least in my experience against Lucarios, bthrow and dair are probably the best ways you have of separating them.
It's not that hard to stay away from IC's grab honestly....just space yourself really well and don't land in front of their shield if you're approaching from the air.
Yeah, I think Lucarios that know the match-up well are among the hardest characters for the ICs to grab. Because of this and Lucario's competence at separating the ICs and gimping Nana, I think this match-up is at least 60:40 Lucario's favor.

edit: then again, I lack experience against Lucarios, and a few other ICs mains I know don't think the match-up is that bad, so I'm probably not the best ICs to talk to about this match-up.

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Well if you want to separate them with a grab I would try to grab them out of the air rather than on the ground, Lucario has a good vertical grab range that can help alot with that, plus they cant make Nana react too quickly on landing.

ICHater

Smash Rookie
136 matches of Ice Climbers

I have played Ice climbers 136 times and i use Lucario i know them all to well:

They love to get any sort charged hammer slam so do NOT get stunned by anything

There smash is no problem if you know what your doing grab an edge or if the map lets you (Shadow moses) grab a wall up high

When they start swing as you coming down from air nothing makes them madder than a good counter slide move

There 3rd jump is really great at saving them unless you get rid of the AI ice climber

Focus fire on the AI Ice Climber it will fool your foe and make them so much more weaker

Shadow mosses is a great map for us when fighting them grabbing on to the walls up high saves you from there final smash

over all thoughts they can be hard with two weapons but if you know what your doing its no cake walk but you can win but its how you play

tedward2000

Smash Champion
Sorry Sorry...

Olimar.

He's Short, stubby and has a big nose. Sneezing inside that Helmet of his is not a good option. How he would operate in a fighting game was unknown, but what we didnt expect was such a solid character to come from him.

What makes Olimar, Olimar is his pikmin.
Red, Blue, Yellow, Purple, White and by their powers combined I am....Olimar!.
Just instead of making pollution down to a Zero, he's gonna make your percent triple one zero! (1110)

Now, the down low (heh short joke) of Olimar is priority and range. His smashes and areials and special moves all have some kind of Pikmin related attack, and depending on the color of the little thing. This tends to catch ppl of guard, and the strength as well. Olimars tilts are not very Pikmin-y but to tend to lead into one that is.

Now Being all short (more jokes? Im too good) mighty, he has one (or a few) glaring weaknesses.
His Pikmin.
He can control up to 6 at a time, but after a few missed throws or killed pikmin, he begins to be a bit lax on the options side. More so with his recovery. Its not very good, and it gets shorter the more of his pikmin he doesn't have.

Kill the Pikmin, Kill the Olimar.

-tedward2000

Kappie

Smash Apprentice
thx for your input tedward. What do you think the matchup is? even, or slightly in Olimar's favor? Anyway, on to the matchup, I don't have that much knowledge. A friend of mine recently picked up Olimar, and it only took him 2 days to frustrate me to no end. You really really need to adapt your playing to have a chance against Olimar. Agressive, and at the right time, I would describe it.

Everything he can grab or shield grab, and closing in is really hard because of all the pikmin he throws (you cant even shield them). Aerial approach is very hard, even behind him, he can counter attack with a down smash.

Few options, really few options. Walking up to him and ftilt in conjunction with AS is maybe a good idea, I don't know. When he messes up his spacing, be sure to uptilt. Jabs to grabs are always nice. Try to get him in the air. In the air, Lucario can pretty much counter all of Olimar's options, you can shield his aerial and counter with something, punish his air dodge, and juggle with up air. Getting him in the air is everything. But it's so **** hard. Try to surprise him with something, for example a running grab, or roll behind him and up tilt (dont get too predictable).

2nd big thing. Gimping him. His recovery sucks so bad, it basically doesnt give him any momentum at all, and since you're first few frames at the edge are invincible, you being there at the right time means he can't even recover from ftilt at 80% or so. Even if your not invincible anymore, he won't grab the edge, but he will hit you off it. Depending on the pikmin, only scratching you, or stage spiking you. Watch out, but be an agressive, very agressive gimper. It wins you the match.

Try to stay alive for ever. It is possible against Olimar, and I've reached over 220% a couple of times. If he doesn't get pikmin with the good knockback, all of his attacks can easily be DI'd and survived, and his camping game has no use at that percent.

Few general tips, try not to land close to Olimar, he will punish. Immediately hit off the pikmin sticking to you, any attack will do. Spam aura sphere while closing in, it will distract him. Kill of the pikmin he throws at you, and when Olimar's open for an attack, DONT approach in the air (he will say thank you and shield grab), but approach with aura sphere and tilt/jab/grab. Gimp agressively. And finally, treat him with care. If you're not thinking, you'll have 100% in 20 seconds. Watch your step, and always stay calm.

Now for some stages. Battlefield is a great idea. Platforms can really mess up Olimar, as long as you control the middle, you can easily juggle him and fend him off. Rainbow cruise is a disaster of course for Olimar, it's banned in my region, but I guess you can try it. Frigate orphean is fun, fcks him up big time. Probably yoshi's and smashville is reasonable as well.

Im not sure on what to ban. Probably Delfino, castle siege, or even Brinstar.

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
ICs

Platform camp all day and ban FD.

Dair and rising fair can separate them easily. Instant grabs are also your friend. If you ever find yourself face to face with an IC, grab and instantly forward or back throw to separate them easily. While running up to them is not smart, doing a running pivot or regular grab and instant throw can help you separate them. Just watch for baits.

FCAS cause problems for them as well due to Nana laggy shield. Do not try to hit an approaching IC with an AS. You will still get grabbed by nana even if Popo gets flung away by it. Ice blocks rule out BAS spam. F-smash cannot be punished by ICs easily and is good to use with spacing. Bad spacing will get you grabbed if they shield it around mid range, so make sure you are using it right and don't just spam it blindly. Dair also tends to get you into trouble due to you wanting to spam it. A smart player will shield grab you every time if you try to use it while landing without a second jump.

After you separate them, get nana off stage quick and control Popo before he can save her. Above all, don't get grabbed. Be wary of desych moves and u-air and bair from below. Dair takes care of u-air pretty well, but they surprisingly land a lot of them regardless. DO NOT go to ground level unless they are separated, and watch for solo popo holds to stall unitl Nana syncs back up, especially at high percents.

I verse Lain all the time and play a bit of ICs myself and I can tell you it is not an easy match up for either character. One grab = death, so plat camp without mercy and make no mistakes on ground level that can get you grabbed. ICs players know this however and will attempt to grab you on any lag you have as well as use desych combos to stun you for grabs. Solo popo holds at higher percents are common too. Remember also that Popo cannot solo chain throw Luc very well at low percent due to Luc's floaty nature.

Separate and control are the names of the game. ICs have a hell of a time controlling Luc and if you platform camp, there is not much they can do other than poke you with aerials. Just stick to the plats and don't do stupid moves.

Above all, don't get grabbed ^^;

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
In so many of the vids I've seen, the IC's have a good time of hammering you until the 50% range, then you can escape more often than not. Still, watch out for close range game, don't get grabbed, and don't get sucker punched.

lain

Smash Master
Blood Hawk does not verse me all the time. He beat my IC's once in a 2-1 set.

Good **** though. Dair camping is good. But I'll get around it.

:colorful:

Blood_Hawk

Smash Lord
Blood Hawk does not verse me all the time. He beat my IC's once in a 2-1 set.
I'm positive it's been more than that. I know for sure you've used them against me at Rofa's, a SAC, and a couple of MMs. I think I've versed your ICs once a tourney at every one I've played you at. Most were before you were an animal with them though, so I guess it wouldn't technically be "all the time." I'd say we've played a good amount for the distance between us location wise however.

I've also played Omni's and Chewey's climbers a few times. So between you 3 I'd say I know my way around em pretty well. I just used you as the prime example because you are no doubt the best Climbers player in our region.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
You know, I havent faced a Lucario in a long time. They havent been a common sight for me so I really dont know much.

The few things I do know about is that Lucario Outranges Pit *Points at Fsmash* Then again, most chars do.

Most Lucarios I faced excessively dodge and sidestep around, and spam Smashes (D-air sometimes if i approach em from below).
I recall that these kind of weak Lucarios may spam their Aura Sphere, but I havent seen complete projectile spam from many of em because they know about Pit having a reflector. So here's what you must know.

Pit has 2 relfectors, we know that, but here's something that you probably dont know.
-Angel Ring reflects Aura Sphere normally, nothing happens except for your Aura Sphere gaining power upon being reflected.
-Mirror Shield, when Aura Sphere is reflected, will send Aura Sphere back not only being able to do more damage than normal, but at a quicker speed than usual.

Aura Sphere will disappear slightly over 1 second. Mirror Shield and Angel Ring, after the Aura Sphere is reflected, will reset the Aura Sphere's duration time to about 3/4th of a Second (.75 second) before it disappears. Remember that the projectile will get stronger when it's reflected.

I have been testing this in training mode as Pit and using the Lucario's Aura Sphere to look at the difference.
You're pretty much screwed if you get hit by a reflected Aura Sphere at about 90% or more, so dont let it happen.

Idk y a Force Palm blast gets reflected yet it does nothing to the Lucario... not like it matters.

Though I dont have much, I would assume this matchup is even 50-50
Lucario has the range with increased damage as he takes damage, and is somewhat heavy which takes Pit some time to KO him, and Pit can easily gimp him with arrows, and edgehog him, as well as being able to turn Lucario's Aura Sphere against him. Lucario does seem like one of the easier chars to edgehog since he his Up-B cant do damage.

BTW could any of u tell me what a better Lucario does... besides chain Force Palms? In the meantime I'm goin to inform the other Pits so they can give their opinions. BTW no Biased posts plz, that of which I have seen in the Marth boards.
Pit is so underestimated. :(

Phaigne

Smash Journeyman
Well, one thing about Lucario is we cannot mirror your Up-B. Not game killing, but it limits our gimping. Again, Lucario out-ranges Pit, but most of our attacks come out fast and with moderate range.

Lucario scares me once he is damaged.

Lucario has a lot of horizontal knockback resistance. That said, he is hard to throw off the side, but easy to juggle. WoP him is very possible, but I don't have it happen all that often, just look out for it.

Now that I think about it, Lucario is kind of tough. My best advice would be keep your D-Air handy. It will stop a bad Pit from juggling to an extent, but a good one will just hit you from an odd angle with his U-Air.

You're best bet: Space well, abuse your good moves (You have a lot of them), and be cautious anywhere on the level, a good Pit is dangerous from any distance.

My best friend plays Lucario. I usually beat him, but not because he's Lucario, it's rather a test of skill. To tell the truth, Lucario is one tough mo-fo. He can keep up with Pit on the ground and the air. Your projectile is pretty much useless here, though. That will lose you a few points, but you make up for it in strength.

I would set this at 50:50 or possibly 55:45 Pit's advantage.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Pit's Uair beats out our Dair. That's really annoying. I actually fight a pretty good Pit player quite often. More info to come.

Everyone I know says the matchup is even, 50:50.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
I wouldn't exactly say that AS is useless in this match. It's just not as useful other characters. Lucario's fair beats out arrows so Pit's arrows become a little less reliable in this matchup. Pit has trouble killing which means that Lucario will get to high percents which is good for Lucario...very good for Lucario. I think matchup is pretty even.

supergamer001

Smash Ace
Pit's Uair beats out our Dair. That's really annoying. I actually fight a pretty good Pit player quite often. More info to come.

Everyone I know says the matchup is even, 50:50.
Actually Lucarios Dair Beats Pits Uair, you just got to start it a slight bit earlier and Pit will never approach from the bottom again.
KY will agree on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom