• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

captain falcon frame data

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
not to diss _clinton or anything, but I saw some questionmarks in his thread, so I post the frame data here too
If _clinton's list is acurate, I'll close this
This thread is just to compare so that there aren't any mistakes
(credit to face for finding the data)

Jab: 3
Forward Tilt: 9
Up Tilt: 17
Down Tilt: 11
Dash Attack: 8
Up Smash: 22
Down Smash: 19
Forward Smash: 18
Forward B: 21 (In the Air 23)
Neutral B: 53
Down B: 15 (air 16)
Up B: 14
Forward Air: 14
Back Air: 10
Down Air: 16
Up Air: 6
Neutral Air: 7

Again, _clinton was first, this is just so that there are no misunderstandings

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Fair has quite alot of frames! I wasn't sure though, but I saw in one of Ayaz18's threads that people were saying the knee had 6 frames. I'm still abit confused.

Zeallyx

Fair has quite alot of frames! I wasn't sure though, but I saw in one of Ayaz18's threads that people were saying the knee had 6 frames. I'm still abit confused.
maybe the '6 frames' is referring to the frames that sweetspot

Roager

Smash Ace
Fakeman: Assuming both these frames and the ones you're talking about are what I think they are, and that they are accurate: The knee has 14 frames total, start to finish, including flub knee. True Knee happens in the first 6 frames. (I thought there was more flub knee time... I dunno)

Also, I remember being told that a reversed FP has a few extra frames. Mostly neglible, I'm sure, but it would be good to add to the list.

Zeallyx

Fakeman: Assuming both these frames and the ones you're talking about are what I think they are, and that they are accurate: The knee has 14 frames total, start to finish, including flub knee. True Knee happens in the first 6 frames. (I thought there was more flub knee time... I dunno)

Also, I remember being told that a reversed FP has a few extra frames. Mostly neglible, I'm sure, but it would be good to add to the list.
thanks, I added reverse punch to the list, although I wish you could be more specific than 'a few frames' :)

yeah that was knee frame data, it's not that much

as for the data I think these are more accurate and should be stickied immediately
thanks, I would like thsi stickied too
but _clinton was first, and he reminded me to post this

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
Alright so just to make sure how many frames in total for the zapped knee? and how many for the total frames of the knee movement?

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Frame data should include:

1) when hitbox starts
2) when hitbox ends (or number of frames for hitbox)
3) when move ends

Additional info for sweetspots/extra hitboxes/etc on some moves may be needed

Frame data for spotdodge, roll, airdodge, and SH (how long we're in the air) would also be nice.

Zeallyx

Alright so just to make sure how many frames in total for the zapped knee? and how many for the total frames of the knee movement?
probably the first 6, like roager said:)

Frame data should include:

1) when hitbox starts
2) when hitbox ends (or number of frames for hitbox)
3) when move ends

Additional info for sweetspots/extra hitboxes/etc on some moves may be needed

Frame data for spotdodge, roll, airdodge, and SH (how long we're in the air) would also be nice.
yes I agree this would be helpfull..I'll try to gather the info sometime this week

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
I reckon Falcon threads are going to get way more indepth than all the other character forums if we keep looking in to Captain Falcon like this.

Zeallyx

I reckon Falcon threads are going to get way more indepth than all the other character forums if we keep looking in to Captain Falcon like this.
this is a good thing offcourse:)
but as falcon actually needs everything he can use, he also needs it more than other characters:laugh:

but these discussions are good for falcon's meta game :D so this is a very good thing

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
Hmmm.... that may actually be a problem though. Eventually then, we are going to sort of get to an end of new techs/discoveries/ uses for moves, and we will just have to keep playing while other metagames are catching up.

Zeallyx

Hmmm.... that may actually be a problem though. Eventually then, we are going to sort of get to an end of new techs/discoveries/ uses for moves, and we will just have to keep playing while other metagames are catching up.
This does not have to be the case though.
We can also keep discovering techs etc. and keep advancing falcon's meta game!

They'll never catch up, ha!
/wishfullthinking

Mr.Fakeman

Smash Journeyman
You could always get better yourself though, just a reminder it is not just Captain Falcon and his metagame... since he has changed, Captain Falcon focuses on the users potential more than his own game mechanics. So fellow Captain Falcon mainers have to do their job in deciding when it's safe to KO them, I use to be reckless with Captain Falcon in Melee. Now he has changed therefore I have to rely on myself.

Tenki

Smash Hero
3-4 frames between normal and reverse Falcon Punch?

I don't believe it.

gantrain05

Smash Master
so....looking thru this frame data, i believe every single one of metaknights moves come out faster than all of falcons moves, excluding metas Fsmash and drill rush......and only the jab is faster i believe lol, i say we ban metaknight because he should never be faster than the capn.

Zeallyx

I noticed some people using actual numbers for moves so I searched the tactical forum and found this.

Frame Data

Not all the info I'd like to see, but a good start.
I see..

I bump this to see if people find this usefull. (ayaz said it deserved a sticky when I posted this, so I bump this to see if this might help)

(I'll add this info to my guide.)

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
I see..

I bump this to see if people find this usefull. (ayaz said it deserved a sticky when I posted this, so I bump this to see if this might help)

(I'll add this info to my guide.)
If its being added to the guides, I suppose its not needed to be stickied, and anyway, Darkmarthx' thread of threads will have it. Still, this sin't complete, we need a lot more data.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
So this is total frames?

You may want to do starting hitbox frames, because thats all thats really useful.

eg;

Snake has a 7 frame utilt (when hitbox comes out) and it ends some frames later (the actual move)

Right now this just looks like names for moves with numbers next to them....

If you all want, I might do some actual Falcon frame data for everyone.

Start Frame-
Start Hitbox-
End Frame-

(I don't do ending hitboxes because thats takes FOREVER)

norrispaunch

Smash Rookie
holy cradge. falcon punch is 3 times as much as t3h kn33!!!! uber!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wogrim

Smash Lord
So this is total frames?

You may want to do starting hitbox frames, because thats all thats really useful.

eg;

Snake has a 7 frame utilt (when hitbox comes out) and it ends some frames later (the actual move)

Right now this just looks like names for moves with numbers next to them....

If you all want, I might do some actual Falcon frame data for everyone.

Start Frame-
Start Hitbox-
End Frame-

(I don't do ending hitboxes because thats takes FOREVER)
I thought you were already doing this? And those are definately starting hitbox frames, our moves aren't that fast.

Top Bottom