• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Double Up-B Cypher (Read.... srsly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I am sick of people posting these threads saying they've found it, etc.

Reason(s) why it happened:

1. You got footstooled.

2. They footstooled the cypher.

3. Mario caped you during your Up-B or an aerial after the Up-B.

Do not post a thread saying 'wtf hax' or anything, the above are the reasons. If you have video proof of your opponent being on the other side of the stage and you do a double up-B. Then let us know.

:mad: KTHXBAI :mad:

Reasons why I made this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205559
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=202493
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=195125

Proven with above reasons:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePTducMRR8U
Screenshot of Footstool:

This thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6401740#post6401740

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
lol. You guys still get these kind of threads?

We haven't gotten a double Up-B thread in a while.

But we still get the question "What's the difference between Side-B and Down-B? I'm a scrub, kthxbaii"

Terrible.

:093:

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Lol, at least the people on the Snake boards are trying to contribute something. It seems like every day on the Falco boards there's "How do I do the gatling combo? How do I short hop double laser?"

There's a search feature. Also, multiple topics about the same thing on the front page.

SuSa

No one uses the search function, and if they see a thread like this they may go 'darn its been discovered *checks thread* oh; that Havokk guy is an *******'

xD

I like your TL;DR on that other thread. ROFL

SuSa

I'm pretty sure he doesn't..........someone want to test that? I'm doing a set against a Yoshi at the moment.

If Snake suffers any damage that has hitstun (no cape/mirror shield) he gets his Up-B back. < Like Sonic

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Not to sound like an idiot, but doesn't Snake also get his Up-B back if he gets caped by Mario?
Mario's cape is like his FLUDD in that it can be used to push the opponent away from the stage without giving them any of their recovery options back.
So, the answer is no.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
Sharjah - the United Arab Emirates. (UAE)
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
I don't know, I can't really do it. Though I can send you a replay.

I'll add your friend code, you add mine. ... Oh wait, there's also Wii numbers... Dammit. You can PM me if you want, it's more convenient.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
So... what? I don't know how to take videos, I don't have any capture devices and my phone really blows.

Maybe someone else should look?
...Or just try it. Doesn't take a minute. (besides turning on your Wii and all the other crap...)

Tenki

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure cape gives Sonic back his up-B. It should work for Snake too.

I think if the move does damage/"attacks" the opponent (eh, footstool), then it gives them back their up-B.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
That does apply to everyone (except maybe Pit..), but with the cape, how come Snake only gets it again if he's still holding it? How come Sonic gets another one either way? So much for the testing team.

Anyway, I can't post any proof. But really, just believe me. D:

SuSa

So... what? I don't know how to take videos, I don't have any capture devices and my phone really blows.

Maybe someone else should look?
...Or just try it. Doesn't take a minute. (besides turning on your Wii and all the other crap...)
My wiimotes batteries are dead >.< otherwise I'd try it myself. < and I quote

I'll try it with my friend..

SuSa

Okay, sorry for doubting. It works.

It also works if Snake is using any aerial, and is in the frames for the attack or lag (end or start)

This is epic <3 Mario and Snake just became the best edgeguarding + Snake recovery team ever.

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
Thanks for trying it out, saved me a lot of effort. I actually wanted to zip the private folder (with the replay inside) and send it to you online, but... then I realized I had no way of doing that.

Are you gonna add the cape to the OP?

Rashid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaSnack
3DS FC
0903-2770-3378
You're not really thinking of doing that right?

If I'm thinking right, caping Snake in the face (with or without the cypher) will screw up his momentum, and that's bad in either situation. Although I never tried caping someone from behind. Sure it makes them turn around, but how is the momentum affected?

...I'm gotta try that soon. *laughs*

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
I don't see a footstool anywhere in that.. He was below me and to the side when he got caught in the nair so i don't see how he could have footstooled me anywhere in there.

SuSa

I don't see a footstool anywhere in that.. He was below me and to the side when he got caught in the nair so i don't see how he could have footstooled me anywhere in there.
Watch it in really slow motion.

Nair first hit > Nair second hit > footstool (you don't fall if you're footstooled during an aerial) > Third hit connects before he jumps to safety > end of story

And like the OP said... unless your opponents on the other side of the stage....
you were footstooled.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
OK, my bad. I watched it in slow motion and he did start a footstool in between the third hit and fourth hit.

I've known about the footstool thing for a while now, I just didn't think it looked anything close to a footstool and I didn't think someone would be able to footstool in the middle of a nair. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

SuSa

For anyone who cannot see the footstool and thinks I'm high:

RIGHT THERE. Falcon goes into his 'jump' stance, then gets hit by the nair (footstooling during an aerial does not stop the aerial at all, so you can footstool AND STILL GET HIT by the aerial)

OP UPDATED

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
If you want a better picture of that I can re upload it with a better quality. I didn't have much time when I uploaded it so I recorded it on the lowest quality.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I do feel that this is an important thread... but there are too many stickies right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom