• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Artwork Emporium Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IDK

Smash Lord
Basically, I have noticed people will occasionally have a few questions about photoshop, GIMP, etc... and the only place they have to ask them are new threads.

So naturally, i thought, "why isn't there a Q&A thread?". Well, here it is. I don't know if i can truly call it official, but sticky pl0x.

I'll start it off.

In GIMP, i am having a couple problems.
1) First of all, i run on a mac, so I need X11. Because of this, every time i want to start GIMP, i have to click X11, then gimp. This is kind of annoying. Is there any way to avoid this?
2) Another thing that is annoying is that because gimp runs in the three separate windows, i have to click on each window twice (once to select the window, and the second to select whatever tool/brush/etc... i was going to use) in order to do something.
3) Lastly, starting like an hour ago, GIMP just opens, sits there for a second, and then closes before the windows show up. This began while I was making a new sig, and GIMP unexpectedly quit. I was annoyed because i hadn't saved yet, so i just closed my laptop. Anyone know any answers to any of these? (Answered)

Feel free to begin asking your own questions.

IDK

Smash Lord
2.6.2? yeah i have that. restarting my comp worked. thx. anyone else know the answer to the other two? btw, what do you think of the idea for a QA thread?

Gflare

Smash Journeyman
You asked that in your "official question and answer thread" WITHOUT having tried to restart your comp? Isn´t that a little...?

IDK

Smash Lord
lol i guess that was a little dumb. you never think to restart when you have a mac. anyway, i got it started. so, i have another one. how come nobody does this text effect? seems popular on guildinn. http://www.guildinn.com/forum/video-tutorials/139-photoshop-basics-video-tutorial.html
its a link to a thread, but someone posted at some point down in the page called "the beast" just type it in your ctrl+F and go to the second find.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
You have to click stuff to open GIMP? I put it on the bar at the bottom and click it and it opens...

zrky

Smash Lol'd
Like cmpr, al I do is click on it and it opens. but like he said, I think it does need to be on the program bar at the bottom for it to all open at once.

I just have two windows when running GIMP, but Ive forgotten about the double clicking, I just kinda do it automatically.

IDK

Smash Lord
????????????? gimp 2.6.2???? i downloaded it and it said GIMP requires apple's X11. go to applications and see if u have X11. could be in your utilities too. applications>utilities>X11.

cmpr94x

Smash Lord
Yeah i found out that I do have X11. But I still only have to click GIMP to bring GIMP up. Not X11 then GIMP. Yeah I'm running the latest version of gimp.

IDK

Smash Lord
well, i dont know why it does that then. so what about clicking each window twice. do you guys have that problem too? i kno zrky said he just doesnt notice it anymore.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
How can I add video clips into a photoshop signature? Is there a way of doing this without imageready? Would it be easier with Gimp?

... how do I do it? XD

IDK

Smash Lord
i suck with animations. i guarantee you someone else on here knows though.

crewster

Smash Lord
Just a guess but I would say save the clip and the open it in PS. I don't use PS so that might not work. I would say make your sig, copy it onto GIMP and then put the clip on it.

Q: Anyone know a Good site for CD4's?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom