• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tier List Of Falcos Moves (PLEASE STICKY)

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
MODS PLEASE STICKY (i think move tier lists should be stickied in every character board)
and it really helps the new players, lets them know which moves they shouldnt be using much and which moves they should be using more

NOTE: me/this thread was the first move tier list (i came up with the idea randomly) then marth boards took the idea, and now it seems all the character boards are making them which im happy to see :)

Laser
Dthrow
Dair
Jab
Phantasm

HIGH
Bair
Upsmash
Nair
Dash Attack
Fsmash
Utilt
Ftilt

MID
Dsmash
Shine
Uair
Bthrow
Dtilt
Fthrow

BOTTOM
Fair
Uthrow
Firebird

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
are you sure dsmash is really that great? i mean, it's a good surprise KO move (since it's most likely fresh and they won't expect it) but since its range is so short i don't see much other uses for it.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
its his fastest smash, and if done on the edge, it sends them really low. also sometimes you can dair them to the ground and immediately follow up with dsmash.

wow, an unintended 1000th post :(

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
what you just said is that basically it IS good, but pretty situational. anyways, i think fsmash>dsmash. it just has more uses.

Denzi

Smash Master
Phantasm's good, but I don't think it's top. It's priorety isn't that good, so you can still get hit out of it. And ground Phantasm sucks. I'd say top of high, though it's debatable.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
eh...it's your only recovery and it's actually pretty good and very useful is you iap and phantasm cancel.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Definitely underrating Up air. I'll have to get a video up to show you what I mean :)

zamz

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I've always found B-Air more useful than D-Air...

Mith_

Smash Champion
Landmaster
Laser
Dthrow
Dair
Jab
Phantasm

HIGH
Bair
Fsmash
Upsmash
Nair
Dash Attack

MID
Reflector
Utilt
Ftilt

LOW
Bthrow
Fthrow
Uair
Dtilt

BOTTOM
Dsmash
Fair
Uthrow
Firebird

My move tier list.

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Originally posted in the moveset discussion thread

Laser
Dthrow
Dair
Jab
Phantasm

HIGH
Bair
Upsmash
Nair
Dash Attack
Fsmash
Dsmash

MID
Reflector
Utilt
Ftilt

---large gap----- (this seperates falcos "good" moves and "bad" moves. also all the moves below are very situational and usually there are better moves to do then these.

Bthrow
Fthrow

BOTTOM
Uair
Dtilt
Fair
Uthrow
Firebird
Looks pretty good to be honest.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
Landmaster
Laser
Dthrow
Dair
Jab
Phantasm

HIGH
Bair
Fsmash
Upsmash
Nair
Dash Attack

MID
Reflector
Utilt
Ftilt

LOW
Bthrow
Fthrow
Uair
Dtilt

BOTTOM
Dsmash
Fair
Uthrow
Firebird

My move tier list.

dsmash isn't THAT bad. and Usmash> Fsmash for sure. Nair > Fsmash even imo.

J4pu

Smash Champion
spot dodge under Dthrow and Air dodge above Fair
grab needs to placed somewhere too, in the middle somewhere i'd say
I dont like the placement of dtilt either but I'm not really sure what i would put below it, the majority of Falco's moves are just too good

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Laser
Jab
Dthrow
Phantasm

HIGH
Utilt
Bair
Upsmash
Dair
Uair
Nair
Pummel Grab release down
Dsmash

Semi- Comboable throws
Uthrow
Bthrow
Fthrow

MID
Ftilt
Dash Attack
FSmash
Dtilt
Fair

---large gap----- (this seperates falcos "good" moves and "bad" moves. also all the moves below are very situational and usually there are better moves to do then these.

BOTTOM
Reflector
Firebird

This is my list. From many hours of playing Falco since the game came out.

Mith_

Smash Champion
dsmash isn't THAT bad. and Usmash> Fsmash for sure. Nair > Fsmash even imo.
I put it at the top of the Bottom because its a good move but not worth using much.

And Fsmash = Usmash imo. Not in terms of damage but in terms of usability.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
dsmash is still better than dtilit and fthrow, at least. and no. Usmash is alot better than Fsmash. Fsmash is way too slow, laggy, and punishable even though it has the most knockback. It's only good if you can mindgames with it (like SK92). otherwise, chances are you will get punished. Usmash, on the other hand, is MUCH faster and less laggy=most reliable kill move.

@Tommy G
shouldnt fair be lower, it is a pretty situational move. and i think reflector should be higher, i mean, it does what it's supposed to do (reflect) and a little more (spacing, tripping)

Mith_

Smash Champion
Mindgames is why I had it rated so high lol. IIRC Usmash should be higher on my list, because you can DACUS too.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
dtilt is ok for pushing people away who love to shield grab but not as good as a up smash or down smash though. although the dtilt is a lot less laggy than a down smash

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
dsmash is still better than dtilit and fthrow, at least. and no. Usmash is alot better than Fsmash. Fsmash is way too slow, laggy, and punishable even though it has the most knockback. It's only good if you can mindgames with it (like SK92). otherwise, chances are you will get punished. Usmash, on the other hand, is MUCH faster and less laggy=most reliable kill move.

@Tommy G
shouldnt fair be lower, it is a pretty situational move. and i think reflector should be higher, i mean, it does what it's supposed to do (reflect) and a little more (spacing, tripping)
Fair has been relatively moved down.

The reflector is very very laggy and is only really used for reflecting and the unexpected hit box. If you use it more than once, they'll shield it and punish you for it. It's a pretty dangerously bad move.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
it still reflects (which is the main point) and it's supposed to be used as a surprise move to either space yourself or trip a opponent.

Mith_

Smash Champion
if yall only knew my uses for up throw....
If only you would tell us, you know, help the forums maybe?

I can't find any uses for Upthrow, even at low percents the knockback is too high to follow up with anything if your opponent has half a brain to know to DI and airdodge.

Denzi

Smash Master
its better to utilt at low percents. uthrow/fthrow=next to useless. bthrow=almost next to useless. lol.
I agree w/Fthrow and Uthrow. Bthrow off the stage can be followed up with SHDL and puts the opponent in an awkward position (sometimes; depends on character).

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Bthrow can combo into SHDL into sliding upsmash if the opponent DIs the throw badly. It's a pretty nice kill setup or damage racking move after chain grab percent.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Can we, as a board, all agree on the current top tier moves right now? I think its pretty accurate

Vlade

Social Outcast
Hmm personally I think dsmash is pretty underrated, but that's just me. I use it often out of shield and after spot-dodges to punish my opponent if they make mistakes.

But yes the top tier move list is definitely spot-on.

StarHawk_30

Smash Rookie
what are you talking about xxblackxx, falcos down smash rules, I use it to easily kill people that have horrible vertical recovery. and firebird and fair are pretty decent moves (if you connect with all the hits)

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
what are you talking about xxblackxx, falcos down smash rules, I use it to easily kill people that have horrible vertical recovery. and firebird and fair are pretty decent moves (if you connect with all the hits)
no, what are YOU talking about? lol. anyways, reasons why firebird sux: slow to start, short distance, easily gimped, laggy. here's why fair sux: VERY laggy after use, and hard to get all hits in. priority sucks too except for the last hit. doing fairs on the stage will get you punished. badly.

and i never said dsmash was bad, it's just pretty situational, more situational than fsmash imo. it's short range is the primary reason. if your opponents are getting hit over and over by your dsmash, they must not be very good opponents.

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
@cutter
yes, i didn't say it was too great either, however, it could have uses as a surprise KO move when close range. anyways i was responding to this list, not the OP. this list has dsmash with fair, uthrow, and firebird, and i don't think it should be THAT low.

Landmaster
Laser
Dthrow
Dair
Jab
Phantasm

HIGH
Bair
Fsmash
Upsmash
Nair
Dash Attack

MID
Reflector
Utilt
Ftilt

LOW
Bthrow
Fthrow
Uair
Dtilt

BOTTOM
Dsmash
Fair
Uthrow
Firebird

My move tier list.

K 2

Smash Lord
Hmm personally I think dsmash is pretty underrated, but that's just me. I use it often out of shield and after spot-dodges to punish my opponent if they make mistakes.

But yes the top tier move list is definitely spot-on.
I like dsmash since it sends your opponent at a downward angle, making it harder to recover. The only thing I hate about this move is that the range sucks. You have to be practically touching your opponent for this move to land.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
I still think youre undermining the Dsmash.. :(
But evrything alse looks decent.
Fthrow > Bthrow IMO.

Top Bottom