• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

King of the Jungle vs. King of Darkness (3rd video added : ) watch nao!)

Veggi

Smash Champion
I was doing a best out of three.

Ganondorf (Xeno) vs. Donkey Kong (Veggi)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKl_Rqxc-wE&feature=related

You can probably tell which move gave me the most problems. I almost got a three stock too, so sad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcroDKVhIsU

I was just getting ***** all over the place in this match. Way too much dair; it seemed like a good time to use it despite me getting punished for it so often.

Final Round

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYUOC8jlpE0

Pretty much just ape ****. The start he was on his laptop so I was playing around. The moral of the story: Don't footstool DK or he will Donkey Ken Combo you.

More to come, maybe some Star Warrior action. (No, still not MK.)

Also, rate my DK plz.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I was hoping it would be DK vs Meta =/

Good matches. You use Spinning Kong on stage and its a good move. Could have used more Ground Slam but over all great matches.

Veggi

Smash Champion
Yeah, I was thinking I should have used more Hand Slap. Depressing because it's one of my favorite moves, it's wierd that I actually use it more against aerial characters.

Luigi player

Smash Master
lol, in the second match at the end you could've easily recovered and the Ganon wouldn't've made it back. >_>

It seems to me that you're way too offensive and you like nearly never charge the DK punch. Just charge it if he's away and don't duck taunt or just stay there or something... it's not like Ganon can punish you for it or anything...

But oh well... it's not like you really need it for Ganondorf anyway...

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
you actually use the RAR which i dont see too often in DK videos (despite DK's bair being amazing), so thats good

Veggi

Smash Champion
lol, in the second match at the end you could've easily recovered and the Ganon wouldn't've made it back. >_>

It seems to me that you're way too offensive and you like nearly never charge the DK punch. Just charge it if he's away and don't duck taunt or just stay there or something... it's not like Ganon can punish you for it or anything...

But oh well... it's not like you really need it for Ganondorf anyway...
I tried to kill Ganondorf by running him into the blast zone with my up-b. It looks pretty cool when it works and sometimes I can make it back, that time I just mega failed though. At least I got his stock. >: )

Actually, I thought I played almost completely reactant the whole time, skip edgeguarding. I actually didn't notice that I didn't charge it in those matches, I really should have, I did in the third match, which I'm trying to get my friend to upload. You are right on the crouch spamming thing, but I did make it useful at some points.

I'd have to disagree on the Ganondorf thing. He's actually not just an easy win, he has some nice tools of his own.

you actually use the RAR which i dont see too often in DK videos (despite DK's bair being amazing), so thats good
lol one time my friend started spamming bair to make fun of me because I use bair all the time. Is it true that DK players don't use much RAR? It's one of the most useful things for me.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
lol one time my friend started spamming bair to make fun of me because I use bair all the time. Is it true that DK players don't use much RAR? It's one of the most useful things for me.
I use it all the time. Try not to get it too diminished though. There's been a few times where I probably could have gotten a bair kill easily if it wasn't super diminished.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
idk about DKs in general, i'm just sayin in videos i've watched i havent seen many DKs use it. i know i use the hell out of it

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
RAR is "reverse aerial rush" and its a really awesome and easy tec to do. you just start running and when you're closing in on your opponent, tap the opposite direction of your run, then you jump (i've only done it with tap jump deactivated) and you can approach with a bair! its awesome for gimping, spacing or making an aggressive approach, especially since its one of DK's fastest aerials with the most range

Tujex

Smash Ace
Oh! I do that a lot and didn't know it had a name. I do this with both DK's all the time, and had seen it on both boards but never knew what it was, lol.

Tujex

Smash Ace
From what I see your both pretty good. I'm not an elite as of yet, so I can't really go in-depth on what you can do to improve and whatnot/

KiraNumber7

Smash Apprentice
omg veggi that was aweful u were all like down b-ing in the air and like ground pounding off the edge, and thats not even possible, then u like super jumped on jungle japes and star koed urself, then u cargo threw urself into the stage ftw , and then to make it even worse ur wii exploded, how the hell do u make a nintendo product explode

Veggi

Smash Champion
LOL

Kira, your comments are just too good. Well at least I only sucked hard enough to break a Wii, I'm still convinced the purple lunchbox is indestructable.

Also, I just wanted to follow Cranky Kong's advice and roll off a platform so I could do a super jump, don't blame me.

Top Bottom