• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Matchup Chart/Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration

ps: I just started it so everything is white...lol

Dark Red = Extremely difficult (80-20 in opponents favor or worse)

Red = Difficult (70-30, 75-25 < opponents favor)
Light Red = Hard (60-40, 65-35 < opponents favor)
Pale Yellow = Neutral (45-55 our favor, 50-50, 55-45)
Light Green = Easier (60-40 our favor, 65-35)
Green = Easy(70-30, 75-25 < our favor)
Dark Green = Easiest? lol... (80-20 our favor or better)

~ In Progress ~

I will also check the other boards to find their verdict and there color will have a * next to the matchup to show it did not come from our boards. It will also be below our boards general verdict.

Think of these people are the Snake SBroomers for this chart:
JesiahTEG
UltimateRazer

--This does not mean they will be the only people I listen to, nor is this 'list' completed--

S and A (Statement and Answer)
This is stupid
I respect your opinion, and here is mine: You are stupid

This doesn't help
But this does: "How To Win Every Matchup: Camp with 'nades and space with ftilt"

What is up with the Pikachu one? 47:53? WTF?
Blame them not me... I don't know either :o

Matchup Discussions

Meta Knight (45/55)

Quotes of player opinions:
70/30 in MK's favor once Snake's feet leave the ground vs a competitive level Meta Knight.

40/60 in Snake's favor vs ground based MKs that rely on tornado.
45-55 MK's favor in my opinion.

Snake does have an advantage when grounded, but MK's **** of him in the air is extreme (yes, I know how to DI).

Snake is definitely one of MK's worst match-ups though.
MKs are fun to mess with 'cause thet're really (most of the time) predictable.
:chuckle:

But really, It's a pretty even matchup because they have advatages to each other in air/ground but I think MK has a slight advantage, so 45-55 MK's favor.
:ohwell:
Camp with nades and f-tilt.

Seriously.

A MK will usually start a match with a quick dashgrab to d-throw into Fair to start edgeguarding. (based on my experience, like 90% of MKs do such)

So you can either drop a nade and get grabbed or just grab him first.

IMO, it's 55-45 Snakes favor. Grenades stop basically EVERY approach MK has, their best approach will then be a quick dash grab/attack, easy f-tilt.

The hardest part of this matchup is obviously not getting juggled and gimped. Alternating between airdodging, nairing and b-reversal c4/nades are your best options for getting back on stage without getting crushed by Shuttle Loop and nado.

So, as a wrap up. Staying on the ground is keykeykey. MK has very limited options to approach if you keep a constant wall of grenades going at him. If he gets you into the air, dodge like a devil so you can get back down. Otherwise this is a simple matchup, just gotta get the MK to 100 and u-tilt will do the rest.
55/45 MK's favor. The thing about this matchup is, no matter how far behind Snake gets, he's not that far behind. Seriously, it takes about 5 moves to take MK from 0 to an Uptilty death.

If Snake plays a very explosive heavy game and bottlenecks MK into an Ftilt or jab combo a couple of times, he can beat him on stage. The problem shows up when Snake is off stage. Basically, that stock is gone when it happens. It's the same for Olimar, though, and he's still a great character. Just don't get pushed off until you've killed MK :)

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
If you do in fact plan on doing this, I'd like to be a major part in the project, since I've been to/go to big tournaments, and consistently place well in my area and know a ton about Snake.

SuSa

@Jesiah

Your input would be great :) and if you have any verdicts with another boards decision, let me know how its different and why, I'll compare the boards reasons with yours and question a few other people I deem as 'knowledgeable' to see if they agree with you or the other boards.

(Since this doesn't -have- to be exact, but I would love for it to be as close to realistic as possible :) (not putting Dark Green on MK people, sorry)

@ Jar'd

Thanks

Suo

Smash Apprentice
Good idea, I definitely support this.

Any activity that will spur discussion and thought within the Snake community is good right now. :)

SuSa

i dont get what u r saying...
Not only is your typing bad, you can't read, and apparently you cannot even see the link I provided saying 'Similiar to this but for Snake and a few differences'

I* don't* get what you* are* saying.

Edit:

That makes 3 + me, good enough :) I'll work on the template and getting the renders for each character. Then I'll go and gather other boards' results since ours is rated in * for some stupid reason.

Royale

Smash Journeyman
Yes please do that. If you can create a template in photo shop similar to how the person you referanced did, it'll be easier for you to adjust any match stuff in the future.

But for the loving sake, please do it. This idea is simple and very easy to read. If you can it would also be beneficial if you can put a hyper link into each and every single picture linking to the information about the match.

But if its cool with the guy who made the original template, ask him if you can use it.

SuSa

I could create a multi-picture sheet or all as one, I would not create an image map with it because its to much of a pain...

However below the image I could have (ABC Order) all the links to the threads with information (as follows)

1. Our Discussion
2. Their Discussion

Also, I'm using a template similiar but better ;) I have Photoshop experience and I'm a Web Designer.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I'd love to have this for the Snake boards, and I'll help out for sure.

Lol, I love how "Camp with 'nades and space with Ftilt" has become a fad on this board.

SuSa

It's the biggest fad ever, and I will never let it die until we think of something that is more honest.

Also I love how you are basically my only friend on this forum xD......

Also:

Working on an emote for dA, then I'll get started on this project. :) (supersecretninjaglompplz for dA ;) rofl)

On another note:

I have to many 'large' projects going :o

(Guide to predictability, this, snake video thread, ness/link compendiums of important threads....)

Royale

Smash Journeyman
I could create a multi-picture sheet or all as one, I would not create an image map with it because its to much of a pain...

However below the image I could have (ABC Order) all the links to the threads with information (as follows)

1. Our Discussion
2. Their Discussion

Also, I'm using a template similiar but better ;) I have Photoshop experience and I'm a Web Designer.
Go for it. The more information any board can give us in terms of match ups is always welcomed.

If you can go for a multi picture, it'll be alot of work putting it on to these forums. With well, the number of urls/img you'll have to punch in. But it'll be well worth the effort.

I have a Bachelors in Fine arts, so if you need any suggestions/help you can throw me a PM/MSN/AIM.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
In other news, the fad is spreading. I just saw someone use it in Brawl General Discussion. EPIC!!!

Haha, of course we're friends after that epic two pages of off topic that one night.

SuSa

Go for it. The more information any board can give us in terms of match ups is always welcomed.

If you can go for a multi picture, it'll be alot of work putting it on to these forums. With well, the number of urls/img you'll have to punch in. But it'll be well worth the effort.

I have a Bachelors in Fine arts, so if you need any suggestions/help you can throw me a PM/MSN/AIM.
I can always slice it up when I'm finished, then have it link to their discussion on it until we have a discussion, then have the other (un-linked thread) below in ABC order.

Start throwing out ideas ;)

Also:

MSN is tsukasa001@hotmaill.com (feel free to message me)

@Angel

LINK MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!

napZzz

Smash Hero
havokks quite the fresh of breath air to these boards...I mean yes. I like this idea.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I approve of this idea. I would also like to put some input on some characters since I have been to the past 6 Houston Tourneys which 2 were state wide =]

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
I approve of this topic.

Unfortunately, I won't be much help seeing as I'm not very knowledgeable on matchups. But I look forward to the completed chart :) (especially since the matchup thread has been on week w/e for like 2 weeks xD)

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
I love the look of this chart. GW match up is on target. The D3 is either correct or should be a red. I'm not 100% sure of my views on the mk matchup yet but after OH SNAP in Oklahoma, I will give you my verdict.

SuSa

The opponents go in order of Tier List, obviously leaving out Snake.

The colors are -somewhat- close to the text, but not exactly. Hence I need to get the 'key' up.

My verdict on MK is the same as them. You can KO him pretty well if you save that utilt and possibly choose a stage with a lower ceiling then FD or Yoshi's Island (Brawl)

He has to be very cautious about your Grenades and explosives, because he needs to keep that % low.

However he does rack up damage pretty quickly, nothing you can really do about his semi-dthrow-CG, and getting gimped by him is easy as pie so being offstage is bad.

But I recently beat a good MK with my Snake. I -might- learn towards 60-40 MK's Favor.

UltimateRazer

Smash Champion
We got the first matchup wrong already. :(
Jesiah im interesting hearing your point of view on the MK match up.

Don't make it too long but in a nutshell...like how to beat them..keep it simple :)

OH SNAP will not MK banned so this really will differ my opinion on him.

Suo

Smash Apprentice
I really like the layout so far, great job.

I don't have enough practical experience against really good Metaknights yet, so I can't really comment on that matchup. The others look good though.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Constructive thread...WOAMG!

This should help clear up the individual character ratios for the Match-up thread...which I apologize for not being able to update..... :/...best of luck Havokk.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The match-up's are wron except for D3.

MK is 60:40 in Snakes favour and G&W is rather 65:35 or 70:30 Snakes favour

SuSa

@gheb

Considering our boards rate in * not 50:50 (etc) I took the opponents character board matchup threads, and used those numbers.

Also, MK is 50/50 at best...

Until our boards come up with 50/50 (etc.) rather then **** the xx:xx* = enemy boards and ABOVE THAT (hence the empty space) will go our boards 'unofficially official' rank of the match.

Thats why I left the empty space.

So it shows

Enemy - Color (for easier difficulty seeing) - Our Rating - Their rating

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I personally see the match-up as 45-55 MK or 50-50. I believe most Snake mainers would agree (just a guess).

As for D3, I see it as 60-40 D3 or 65-35 D3 at worst (he is arguably Snake's worst match-up).

I think G&W is fine at 60-40 Snake. Next on the tier list would be..... Falco? I'd say 50-50 or 55-45 Falco.

The R.O.B. and Marth match-ups already seem to be widely agreed on (correct me if I'm wrong).

R.O.B.: 60-40 R.O.B.

Marth: 55-45 Snake

Shady Penguin

Smash Lord
I think DK and Falco may very well have slight advantages over Snake (I hear a lot about Falco).

50-50 isn't a bad rating, but perhaps we should reconsider 45-55 their favors.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
After playing a LOT of DK vs Snake matches, I think 50:50 is the worst it should get. DK's huge advantage is how easily he can grab, throw you off and then gimp. Snake rules the stage, though, and has ways of dealing with DK's range. If Snake saves his uptilt, he can kill DK at <130 which is unheard of on DK. It's not that hard for Snake to rack up 100+ damage on DK if he camps, and DK is such a big target that landing the Utilt isn't particularly hard.

Besides, the gimping thing isn't that bad. Smart timing of the Up-B, the C4 momentum switch, and use of the C4/grenade recovery can and will save you from being screwed off stage.

IMO: 55:45 Snake's favor.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
wow WTF at how bad this is. Where are you getting these? Dude, I'm asking you to stop this project until I get a bunch of knowledgeable players to come in and help. So many of these are wrong.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
wow WTF at how bad this is. Where are you getting these? Dude, I'm asking you to stop this project until I get a bunch of knowledgeable players to come in and help. So many of these are wrong.
He said he's getting them from other character boards, so WTF at them

I'm sure our matchup discussions will yield more accurate numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom