• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight: Move Tier List

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Ok, here we go:

Top Tier

Fair
Dair
Dsmash
Shuttle Loop
Mach Tornado
Nair
Ftilt
Dtilt

High Tier

Dthrow
Glide Attack (Gair? lol)
Uair

Middle Tier

Fsmash
Utilt
Bair
Bthrow
Uthrow
Dash Attack
Drill Rush

Low/Bottom Tier

Usmash
Fthrow
Dimentional Cape

Crap tier

Jab. this move sucks so much it gets its own tier. yay!

List up for editing. What should be MK's best move?

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Bair should be in bottom. It's pretty useless compared to fair. IMO.

Other than that, looks good.

TKD

Smash Lord
Downthrow at the top! It's one of the most played moves, like fair. Bair's good because of the range above you which blocks some character's approaches from above. Move fsmash to high =)

Fsmash is really good. Or at least I think so because power rankers use it a lot.

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Downthrow at the top! It's one of the most played moves, like fair. Bair's good because of the range above you which blocks some character's approaches from above. Move fsmash to high =)

Fsmash is really good. Or at least I think so because power rankers use it a lot.
Fsmash is really only good at killing. It's fine where it is. I mean, it's so slow. MK's other moves are a lot better than racking up than Fsmash.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
-Mach Tornado is too high

-Shuttle Loop, D-tilt, and F-smash should be higher

-They're throws, not grabs

Nic64

Smash Lord
dtilt and ftilt should be top tier, they are the basis of his grounded spacing game

nair should be high IMO, knockback/damage is very useful but you sacrifice the range advantage that MK normally has so it should mostly be used only when you're at an advantageous position

drill rush should be middle tier or at least split low/bottom and make it low, it is useful for recovery

jab/dimensional cape don't deserve to be in the same tier as any of MK's other moves

those are my main gripes, I might disagree a bit with some of the throws but I almost want to say that it's just preferential, they all have their uses IMO

Deoxys

Smash Lord
Ok, here we go:

Top Tier

Fair
Dair
Mach Tornado
Dsmash
Nair
Shuttle Loop

High Tier

Dtilt
Ftilt
Uair
Glide Attack (Gair? lol)
Dthrow

Middle Tier

Fsmash
Utilt
Bair
Bthrow
Uthrow

Low/Bottom Tier

Drill Rush
Fthrow
Usmash
Dimentional Cape
Jab. THIS MOVES SUCKS

Tell me what you think about it. help me move it around a bit, not sure about a few of them :3
Top Tier

Dsmash
Dair
Shuttle Loop
Fair
Mach Tornado
Ftilt
Nair

High Tier

Dtilt
Uair
Glide Attack (Gair? lol)

Middle Tier

Dthrow
Uthrow
Fsmash
Utilt
Bthrow
Bair

Low Tier

Drill Rush
Fthrow
Usmash

Bottom Tier

Dimentional Cape
Jab

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Dsmash is better than MT and Fair.
While d-smash is arguably better than mt, it is def. not better than fair. Dsmash's usability decreases a lot due to fact that you must save it for a kill move and a shielded (well spaced)dmash can be punished while a well spaced fair cannot.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
@brinboy - Mach Tornado is still too high; at the very least it shouldn't be above Shuttle Loop. The tornado is overrated.

@Deoxys - F-throw should at least be low/middle tier. F-throw > Shuttle Loop works well on most characters at higher percentages.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
bottom tier should be jab, cape and drill

other than that, there should be no low tier, and im seriously debating whether there should be a middle tier...

it should be some thing like
bottom tier
jab
cape
drill

middle tier
f-throw

high and top tier
everything else.

this character is too good. lol

Deoxys

Smash Lord
@Deoxys - F-throw should at least be low/middle tier. F-throw > Shuttle Loop works well on most characters at higher percentages.
Really!?!? I didn't realize it had anything on Uthrow.

While d-smash is arguably better than mt, it is def. not better than fair. Dsmash's usability decreases a lot due to fact that you must save it for a kill move and a shielded (well spaced)dmash can be punished while a well spaced fair cannot.
It's the ultimate move to use out of a perfect shield. I thought an opponent could DI out of an Fair, is that only when it's poorly spaced? The stale move negation argument doesn't hold water with me since it's really easy to hit with 9 moves before going to KO, SL and Fsmash KO well too, and Ftilt counts as 3 moves.

I edited my list. What do most of you guys think MK's best move is in the current metagame?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
changed. and to all that are saying that drill rush is good, IT SUCKS. MK almost ALWAYS has a better option. good for recovery? tornado is better horizontally, shuttle loop should be main recovery move. its only not worst because it has good vertical distance

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ5mx_UHPes

1:12-1:20

changed. and to all that are saying that drill rush is good, IT SUCKS. MK almost ALWAYS has a better option. good for recovery? tornado is better horizontally, shuttle loop should be main recovery move. its only not worst because it has good vertical distance
Drill Rush is his best vertical recovery by far; its a lifesaver in a lot of situations.

Just saying "IT SUCKS" is pushing it.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
D-tilt and f-tilt are top tier easily.

Two of the best tilts in the game.

laki

Smash Apprentice
Top Tier

Fair
Dair
Dtilt
Ftilt
Dsmash
Shuttle Loop

High Tier
Mach Tornado
Nair
Uair
Dthrow
Glide Attack (Gair? lol)

Middle Tier

Fsmash
Utilt
Bair
Drill Rush
Uthrow

Low/Bottom Tier

Bthrow
Fthrow
Usmash
Dimentional Cape
Jab.

Thats what I think. Though I kinda agree with Kid in that most everything should go in High/Top cause Meta is sooooo broken lol. I mean Whorenado's not in top and it's better than 90 percent of the moves in this **** game.

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace

It's the ultimate move to use out of a perfect shield. I thought an opponent could DI out of an Fair, is that only when it's poorly spaced? The stale move negation argument doesn't hold water with me since it's really easy to hit with 9 moves before going to KO, SL and Fsmash KO well too, and Ftilt counts as 3 moves.

I edited my list. What do most of you guys think MK's best move is in the current metagame?
D-smash is commonly used out of a shield but it really should never be used out of a shield. Moves like f-tilt, dair, nair, and fair are superior because even if your opponent puts up a shield, you cannot be punished with those moves and stale moves does matter for mk when d-smash is involved. And if there are 9 moves in the state moves list, you must attack 3-4 more times to make d-smash into killing range. F-smash is sometimes very hard to hit with and shuttle loop is KOs are only common against people who don't know how to air dodge or they don't expect it coming. Also, fair cannot be DIed out no matter how well you spaced it.

Also, why are people saying d-tilt better than f-tilt. It is def. behind f-tilt.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Oh...I dunno...hits on frame 3.

Has as much range as Marth's tilts and d-tilt actually has a bit more.

Completely safe on block. Both lead to frame traps.

Yeah...they both suck.

>___>

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
Mix-up between stopping and continuing the combo when it's shielded.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Bottom Tier
Jab

Top Tier
Everything else

Moveset tiers are for queers.

Heroes_Never_Die

Smash Journeyman
Top Tier

Fair
Ftilt
Dtilt
Dair
Dsmash
Shuttle Loop

High Tier

Nair
Uair
Dthrow
Fsmash
Glide Attack
Mach Tornado

Middle Tier

Utilt
Uthrow
Fthrow
Bair
Dash Attack
Drill Rush
Bthrow

Low Tier

Usmash
Dimensional Cape

Bottom Tier

Jab

Skyflyer

Smash Journeyman
Top Tier

Fair
Ftilt
Dtilt
Dair
Dsmash
Shuttle Loop

High Tier

Nair
Uair
Dthrow
Fsmash
Glide Attack
Mach Tornado

Middle Tier

Utilt
Uthrow
Fthrow
Bair
Dash Attack
Drill Rush
Bthrow

Low Tier

Usmash
Dimensional Cape

Bottom Tier

Jab
Nado should be a bit higher, but not at the very top

Rh1thmz

Smash Journeyman
better then dsmash and dair?
Ftilt's third swipe has the best range out of MK's ground attacks and, well, most of the cast's attacks. Heck, the first and second swipe beat out a good portion of the cast's range. Therefore, ftilt is amazing for spacing. Spacing minimizes the damage that you take. Dair and dsmash don't necessarily space...

Also, dsmash is good for killing, but if you spam the dsmash, it doesn't kill that well anymore. Ftilt should be used more frequently than dsmash due to the fact that you want to try to save dsmash when you can...the way that some people spam dsmash makes it look like they use dsmash for spacing or something >.> Anyways, moves that get used more are generally considered more valuable to the character.

So, to answer your question from my point of view (and probably the point of view of several other MK's), yes, it is better than dsmash and dair.

Deoxys

Smash Lord
D-smash is commonly used out of a shield but it really should never be used out of a shield. Moves like f-tilt, dair, nair, and fair are superior because even if your opponent puts up a shield, you cannot be punished with those moves and stale moves does matter for mk when d-smash is involved. And if there are 9 moves in the state moves list, you must attack 3-4 more times to make d-smash into killing range. F-smash is sometimes very hard to hit with and shuttle loop is KOs are only common against people who don't know how to air dodge or they don't expect it coming. Also, fair cannot be DIed out no matter how well you spaced it.

Also, why are people saying d-tilt better than f-tilt. It is def. behind f-tilt.
I said out of a power shield. If you use it to punish most moves, they won't have time to shield in the 5 frames it takes Dsmash to come out. Also, based on this "attack 3-4 more times" it sounds like you don't understand SMN. It doesn't matter how recent the attack was in the last 9, only how many times it was used. Thus, two Dsmashes in a row has no less decay than if there were 8 attacks between then. Regarding Shuttle Loop KOs, obviously, almost every move only hits if the opponent doesn't dodge or doesn't expect it coming. If my opponent is in Shuttle Loop range, and they air dodge because they expect it, I can just Shuttle Loop them in the dodge's ending lag. If their reaction speed is so crazy that they can always dodge within the 8 frames it takes for the Shuttle Loop to hit, they deserve to win anyway and are probably a cyborg. Finally, Fair CAN be DI'd out of, and I am absolutely sure as I've had it happen to me.

Affinity: Fthrow SL works against people, too?

Top Bottom