• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

----------

Mmac

Smash Lord
Yoshi Don't like climbing down massive Walls of Text. They scare me....

Eh, I'll read it in the morning

Opfer

Smash Cadet
Heh, this is great, as always.

I know I probably won't be able to translate most of this 1:1 into my game, but it's another piece of information that will be stored somewhere in my head, overall bettering my understanding of the game, and therefore improving my game.

So, thanks a lot, keep it up! :)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Good post.

Not going to lie, it did seem like somewhat like common sense to me, but maybe it's because I go through these steps after almost every match.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
To tell you the truth, I've only recently started thinking like this. I suppose that I just got stubborn and kept on using the same tactics, even when they didn't work.

Thank you very much for this article. I'm currently adjusting to playing smart, and this will help me improve on that. =)

Depster

Smash Champion
tl;dr

just messing with ya. #45, go! I win

Anyway, I usually just try to stop my opponent's best combo, which usually becomes apparent earlier on. I don't go avoiding every little thing. Sometimes you just gotta stay and punish.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Thanks a bunch, Shiri, I'm probably one of the people who needs this advice the most, lol. Sometimes I get to the point in matches where I don't even think, and it really wrecks me in those matches.

Awesome stuff.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thanks a bunch, Shiri, I'm probably one of the people who needs this advice the most, lol. Sometimes I get to the point in matches where I don't even think, and it really wrecks me in those matches.

Awesome stuff.
QFT, I'm the same way.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I read it.....all of it......quite overwhelming it is.....:chuckle: JK

Good read. Although you wrote all that for something so simple as avoiding a forward smash, it makes sense still. Why do we sometimes fall for certain moves, if we do at all? I have problems with D3 and DK. D3 is understandable, he is such a gay character (gameplay wise, other wise, he is supacool). But DK is another story. This thread could help me with those problems. Thanks Shiri, for bumping this thread.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
You should really share this with other brawlers too. Maybe copy it into the general Brawl thread or Tactical discussion?

Chaco

Never Logs In
If you come to TN, I'll pay your worth of CBR's.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm confuzzled... Most of this advice is general advice, and not character specific...

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
I'm confuzzled... Most of this advice is general advice, and not character specific...
The matchup thread handles the character specific stuff. This is a "I am doing something wrong, let me stop doing that" advice thread. It is general, but you never know who may need it. This could help some of us, more often then not for some.

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
Jesus i tought no one else could write that much....being a Yoshi main of course XD
Scatz gets 2nd place, while i think i can take 3rd...nah to high maybe 5th lol
also now i know why Scatz told me he is used to walls of Text i guess he ment you Shiri

Anyways....back on this Article it is really nice and helpful for a lot, and tough someone posted it
as a joke or maybe serious other people could use this Advice not neccesarly a Yoshi main
this is more of a Therapy session more than a Yoshi topic, for here you are digging into the minds
of our community to wack them Straight in the core of their Brains and basicly saying....

WAKE UP People!!

and no i dont mean the Pepsi commercial...i must admit i did not remember your number i just continued reading, much like you said i only digest what i need, and what i need to be aware of...what is the point
of knowing everything if being on the field of battle i forget it
my simple answer is *Adapting* if you cant Adapt to the play style of your opponent
your basicly screwed when they crunch you an equation thats just Messes up your whole math test
making you doubt everything that you have done, and once you do that you lost it
unless you can make a comeback in wich you Adapt and Start using your head

this must have been another finishing blow to your article i think you were trying to get to this point but decided to explain it trough other ways....this in terms is helpful for anyone who notices it, just because a Wall with a black cloth covering it doesnt mean you cant see it...like maybe its not covered on back? lets go find it, lets find ways to Solve our problems...do i have to do this alone
in a way Yes you do, because that is being self aware, growing stronger on your own...however having company while you struggle with your problems who happen to be the same as your friends can be very helpful, because between you two can fix the problem at the same time, one person may have the answer that the other one just couldnt think of like the old saying say Two Brains think better than one

i analyzed what you said and digested it, turn it into an Egg, Cracked it open and i got what i needed
Another Wapon to defeat my opponents this is just one of many, and the more you have at your disposal the more dangerous you are Lessons learn today in 5 easy steps

1.- Learn whats Hurting you
2.-Find the Solution
3.-Experiment with them
4.-Hurt Them back
5.- Adapt to any changes

Thank you Shiri and i hope you enjoy my small version Digest what i said too
cause this is how we Yoshi brothers help each other out ^_^

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Jesus i tought no one else could write that much....being a Yoshi main of course XD
Scatz gets 2nd place, while i think i can take 3rd...nah to high maybe 5th lol
also now i know why Scatz told me he is used to walls of Text i guess he ment you Shiri

Anyways....back on this Article it is really nice and helpful for a lot, and tough someone posted it
as a joke or maybe serious other people could use this Advice not neccesarly a Yoshi main
this is more of a Therapy session more than a Yoshi topic, for here you are digging into the minds
of our community to wack them Straight in the core of their Brains and basicly saying....

WAKE UP People!!

and no i dont mean the Pepsi commercial...i must admit i did not remember your number i just continued reading, much like you said i only digest what i need, and what i need to be aware of...what is the point
of knowing everything if being on the field of battle i forget it
my simple answer is *Adapting* if you cant Adapt to the play style of your opponent
your basicly screwed when they crunch you an equation thats just Messes up your whole math test
making you doubt everything that you have done, and once you do that you lost it
unless you can make a comeback in wich you Adapt and Start using your head

this must have been another finishing blow to your article i think you were trying to get to this point but decided to explain it trough other ways....this in terms is helpful for anyone who notices it, just because a Wall with a black cloth covering it doesnt mean you cant see it...like maybe its not covered on back? lets go find it, lets find ways to Solve our problems...do i have to do this alone
in a way Yes you do, because that is being self aware, growing stronger on your own...however having company while you struggle with your problems who happen to be the same as your friends can be very helpful, because between you two can fix the problem at the same time, one person may have the answer that the other one just couldnt think of like the old saying say Two Brains think better than one

i analyzed what you said and digested it, turn it into an Egg, Cracked it open and i got what i needed
Another Wapon to defeat my opponents this is just one of many, and the more you have at your disposal the more dangerous you are Lessons learn today in 5 easy steps

1.- Learn whats Hurting you
2.-Find the Solution
3.-Experiment with them
4.-Hurt Them back
5.- Adapt to any changes

Thank you Shiri and i hope you enjoy my small version Digest what i said too
cause this is how we Yoshi brothers help each other out ^_^
Can you stop pressing enter after every thought that is what a period is for it is just a pain for mi eyes cuz I have to look down for every thought it would be good if you can just type normal

Muchos gracias!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyz69

Smash Rookie
it actually Hurts my Eyes Reading a Huge paragraph, my eyes lose track of where i left 0ff would you really prefer for me to keep writting everything i need to say with out ever pressing enter? also i find it more useful writting it like this so you can easely Back Track the most importan things i said easely, with out remembering in what line of the whole dang thing was where you read it, also you explaining how it hurted you was sarcastic XD besides i ment it for Shiri if you didnt understanded what i ment then thats your opinion and i wont argue bout it, what i wrote was ment for those who can Understand the Words that are written not on how it was done, when ever properly wrong or *Well Done*

^^^^^^^^^^^^
There you think thats better? and besides why bring something off topic?
the point was for you to understand what was said By Shiri, not on how i write
so with this i say good day sir, may you have a happy brawling

Silent Beast

Smash Journeyman
I think lilb was asking more if you could use correct sentence structure. I agree with him; it is kinda hard to read your posts. Breaking it up into paragraphs helps a little, but using periods and not capitalizing random words would help even more.

Top Bottom