• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Generation (Using Game Maker)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Hey guys I want you all to know that a friend of mine from Atari Forums name Godzilla 10K will be making that game that I was talking about using Game Maker.

I just thought I let you guys know about it if you are interested. When it is done, just tell me and also what do you think.

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
If any opf you want to know about it. My friend is still making it. We have found sprites already including for King K. Rool and Ridley. So I will let you all know when it is complete.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I hope he does well with his game, but there are at least 3 SSB flash games coming out already.
I'll play it once it's finished though :).

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
I hope he does well with his game, but there are at least 3 SSB flash games coming out already.
I'll play it once it's finished though :).
Well the graphicw sill be better meaning the sprites are better and it is not like Super Smash Flash, because it has better graphic looking sprites. Also there will be 48 playable characters.

26 are playable at the start and 22 will be hidden.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
Two words, and I mean these in the most sincere and not at all sarcastic like they may come off to be possible:

Good. Luck.

Seriously, Game Maker Smash Bros. game? I can see that being, like, really, really hard. Then again, I've seen some really cool stuff come out of Game Maker, like Iji.

MrLuigiman

Smash Apprentice
cool, you know, im making smash bros. royale, so... i guess we'll be competing for the better smash fangame.

SSJ4Kazuki

Smash Champion
And don't forget to flap your arms.

I mean consider me >.>

As a rival.

Cus you should.

Maybe.

Okay bye.

Also, what does "Well the graphicw sill be better meaning the sprites are better and it is not like Super Smash Flash, because it has better graphic looking sprites." mean.
This is awful grammar, sentence structure and everything inbetween, and sounds like you're blatantly slating another game. (Eddy <Hoeloe> did that, not me, kids).
If the "better sprites" that you "found" are on the internet, then it means they aren't made by you,
and you're going to be using them without permission.

Good luck, but imo, Game Maker has much less freedom (and I can't play them on my comp) than flash,
It's pretty much harder to do generally everything in it. Have you thought about how you'll be
doing percentages? How about the win screen?

Okay bye.

Good luck though.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
...You're using Game Maker?:ohwell:

Would you listen if I said give up now and make it in something else?

MrLuigiman

Smash Apprentice
Hey im making smash bros. royale with gamemaker and mine is going great. Everything will be fine with gamemaker.

Metaknight15470

Smash Rookie
Oh my god. I can't believe I'm still logged on to these forums. It's G10K. :laugh:

Ha. I was just looking to see if this name was already taken >.>

Good. Luck.
Yeah, I know it's hard to make games with Game Maker.. but basically all you have to do is set everything up to an alarm lol. Well I hope that works..

And @ Nybb: No.

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
I have 2 words for you

Have Fun

With gamemaker your options are going to be severely limited, things are going to seem mostly impossible the whole way but if you really want to make your own fighting game stick with it and don't give up. ;)

Metaknight15470

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing with GM for a bit now and... Kirby fan! :bee: anyways.. I've been thinking it through, making some engines to see if things work. So far so good ;)

Godzilla 10K

Smash Rookie
Join especially if you think you can help. It's kind of hard being the only one working on the project..

Steelia

Smash Champion
Heh heh heh. Interesting. Very interesting.

I'm quite sure you've heard this from me elsewhere, SmashBrosMike... but... as much as I would love to support this game, I cannot if it does not include a certain psychic cat. He was the staple reason I played Melee, and one of the reasons I bought Brawl prematurely (big mistake on my part).

I will support you from the sidelines, however. Good luck on this. :)

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
Heh heh heh. Interesting. Very interesting.

I'm quite sure you've heard this from me elsewhere, SmashBrosMike... but... as much as I would love to support this game, I cannot if it does not include a certain psychic cat. He was the staple reason I played Melee, and one of the reasons I bought Brawl prematurely (big mistake on my part).

I will support you from the sidelines, however. Good luck on this. :)
Well then. As soon as the game is complete. Me and my friend will let you all know.

But for now we me and him are the only ones who knows what is in. We intend to give you fans a shock, but like I said. We won't tell yet. Because we don't want to spoil anything.

Godzilla 10K

Smash Rookie
^Actually, umm... I've been telling G 90's everything back at Atari. :chuckle:

I'll try my best to get a demo out before next year, but it'd only have 2-3 characters to choose from :/

SmashBrosMike

Smash Ace
^Actually, umm... I've been telling G 90's everything back at Atari. :chuckle:

I'll try my best to get a demo out before next year, but it'd only have 2-3 characters to choose from :/
Really if so that is okay.

I guess were not intending to hold it as a surprise now huh. Well tis okay.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Ugh, another SSB sub-project? You guys need to ALL merge into one team to actually get something done. None of these projects seem to reach fruition.

Godzilla 10K

Smash Rookie
Ban Saw? What did you do with Ban Hammer??
And I'm not merging. I have enough to deal with from Mike.

Godzilla 10K

Smash Rookie
I like working alone. Don't have to deal with people complaining and getting in the way and whatnot. Mike's the person who came up with the idea of the game.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I like working alone. Don't have to deal with people complaining and getting in the way and whatnot. Mike's the person who came up with the idea of the game.
This project will never see the light of day.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Super Nuke Bros.
Super Smash Flash
Smash Bros. Royale
Super Smash Bros. Generation

Did I miss any?

Godzilla 10K

Smash Rookie
Oh, so you're putting MrLuigi's and mine in there? How generous. As far as I know, you didn't.

Or are you just naming Smash clones?

-sonny-

Smash Journeyman
Godzilla, what are you talking about??

Why don't you show us something you previously made to make you seem a bit more credible?

BrutalBrutal

Smash Cadet
I seriously can't believe everyone is saying "Game Maker is limited" etc. Have any of you actually used it?

You can do pretty much anything in 2D in Game Maker that you could do by more conventional (usually C++) means. It's an incredibly flexible, user-friendly tool for making games and I'm amazed to discover that it has such a bad reputation.

Before you ignorantly rant about how terrible GM is, please do some research. I've seen some terrible games made with it, but that's due to user stupidity, not a lack of quality in GM. Look up "Iji" and "Jumper 2" for fantastic games. I mean, there's even been several incredibly accurate Pokemon engines made with it. I'm sure you people criticizing it have no understanding of Game Maker or of programming in general.

Godzilla 10K

Smash Rookie
^^ Well, there is a demo but it's not worth showing right now...
^ I think it might be because there's basically noone who's pro at it (that i've heard about) or they love to compare everything to Flash

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I seriously can't believe everyone is saying "Game Maker is limited" etc. Have any of you actually used it?

You can do pretty much anything in 2D in Game Maker that you could do by more conventional (usually C++) means. It's an incredibly flexible, user-friendly tool for making games and I'm amazed to discover that it has such a bad reputation.

Before you ignorantly rant about how terrible GM is, please do some research. I've seen some terrible games made with it, but that's due to user stupidity, not a lack of quality in GM. Look up "Iji" and "Jumper 2" for fantastic games. I mean, there's even been several incredibly accurate Pokemon engines made with it. I'm sure you people criticizing it have no understanding of Game Maker or of programming in general.
It's not so much the tool that people mock as much as it tends to appeal to a certain inexperienced game-designer crowd.

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Super Nuke Bros.
Super Smash Flash
Smash Bros. Royale
Super Smash Bros. Generation

Did I miss any?
I'm not sure what it was called, but there used to be one on freeonlinegames.
I don't think it's there anymore however.

BrutalBrutal

Smash Cadet
It's not so much the tool that people mock as much as it tends to appeal to a certain inexperienced game-designer crowd.
That's very true. I have lost count of the number of times that I've seen, on forums, posts like "im wrkin n a 3D MMORPG, i need gfx rtists, programers and muscians." While it does attract a massive amount of noobs with no sense of what it takes to make a game and an irrational belief that one can be the author of a game without actually doing any real work on it, there are many notable exceptions and fantastic games are made with it. Game Maker doesn't suck: people do.

Top Bottom