• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GA Brawl Ladder Season 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Okay, let's hope this works out. I think it would be a lot of fun if people participate in it.

BTW this is NOT an online ladder. It's for offline games. We need to get a hacked Wii in Waba.

PM ME TO REGISTER AND I WILL ADD YOU TO THE LADDER LIST.

PRIZE:
The winner will get AT LEAST 100 dollars out of my own pocket. Donations to the prize money will greatly be appreciated.

Ladder ends: February (after the Waba tournament in February. Don't know the date yet.)

Ladder Discussion:
Discuss anything here to improve the ladder. Improving is ALWAYS good.

Rules, Point System, and Players List:
Rules: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5887509&postcount=2
Point system: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5887681&postcount=3
Players List: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5887690&postcount=4

Singles Ladder!

If we get more than 20 participants, I'll extend the ladder.

If you all want a doubles ladder, then I'll set that up as well.

UPDATES:
Update 1(11/21/08): http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5892552&postcount=12

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
To register, PM me your

Real Name(doesn't have to be full name. I just put 'Chris N'):
SWF name:
Tag:

RULES!!!

The ladder will follow the SBR Recommended Rule List and is subject to change anytime. Be sure to check the updates at the bottom of the first post every so often.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

Ladder Rules:

All games must be played on a hacked Wii or a Wii that allows you to save games that last longer than 3 minutes.

"Challenging" = Challenging a player to a ladder match and agreeing to a certain challenge type. You can only challenge people registered in the ladder. If you get someone to participate and they don't have a Smash Boards account, then encourage them to get one.

Top 10 Challenge Rule: If you are in the top 10, then you can only challenge people 5 places above or below you, unless that person agrees to play you. This is to prevent point ****** 'noobs'.

"Dodging" = Is refusing to accept someones challenge.There is no reason why you can't fit in 3 quick matches with somebody, especially at a tournament or get together for BRAWL. The consequence is -5 of your total points. The only exceptions to this rule is if you have already been challenged more than 3 times that day and if you are out of the top 10 challenge rule.

Reporting a challenge:

-All games must be saved(to a SD card or recorded) and reported to me or someone else helping me with the league. If you have questions on how to report a video, PM me.
-Report who won and the tags of the players.(if there is a way to save tags in reps let me know please)
-Tags must match registered users.

Challenges:

A person "dodging" a challenge will lose 5 points.

A bo3(best of 3):
Winner= +3 points + rank value.
Loser = -3 points + rank value

A bo5:
Winner= +5 points + rank value.
Loser = -5 points + rank value

3 sets(on different days because people have good and bad days) of a bo3(bo5)
Winner= +10 points(+15) + rank value.
Loser = -10 points(+15) + rank value

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Point system:

Everyone starts off with 100 points.

Rank Values: This is how many points you risk losing and/or giving another player.
Levels: Once you reach 200 points, you reach level 2. Each level with be obtained by gaining another 100 points.

Level 1 - 0-199 points or less
1st-10 points
2nd-9 points
3rd-8 points
4th-7 points
5th-6 points
6th-5 points
7th-4 points
8th-3 points
9th-2 points
10th- 1 point

Level 2 - 200-299 points
1st-15 points
2nd-14 points
3rd-13 points
4th-12 points
5th-11 points
6th-10 points
7th-9 points
8th-8 points
9th-7 points
10th- 6 point

You can get the pattern. Add 5 points to your value for every level you gain.

GA Tournament placings:
1st = +50 points
2nd = +25 points
3rd = +10 points
4th = +5 points
5th = +3 points

OoS Tournament placings:
1st= +75 points
2nd= +50 points
3rd= +25points
4th= +15 points
5th= +10 points

National Tournament Placings:
1st= +150 points
2nd= +100 points
3rd= +75 points
4th= +50 points
5th= +40 points

Beating people higher in the ladder than you will earn you more points. Tournament matches do not count as "challenges" and challenge rules do not apply, unless the 2 players agree to it. You just get points for your rank in a tournament.

Getting somebody to actively participate in the ladder(pm about this one) = +100 points
Donating a dollar to the prize money = +2 points(Can only earn MAX 100 points)
Caught Cheating = -100 points
Public disrespect of a smasher in the ladder = -20 points

Resulting in ZERO points because of cheating or disrespect = ban from season

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Player List:

SWF Name: ~^.NoiR.^~
Tag: Ninja
Refered:

SWF Name: Metroid_01
Tag: Jeff
Refered:

Name : Jamaal F
SWF: Antic
Tag: Antic
Refered:

Name: Hunter
SWF: Player-1
Tag: P 1
Refered:

Name: Lounis
SWF: Dentedglass
Tag: Biglou
Refered:

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Okay people. If there are problems that you see and you have any suggestions or ideas just discuss them here. Discuss anything that has to do with this ladder and ONLY this ladder in this thread.

Don't forget to register and if you have a little extra money(EVEN A DOLLAR), to donate to the ladder and attract others to participate, I'll love you =]

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
i dont really understand tbh. i read most of it and i dont get it. is this like gamebattles? and is it wifi or irl. uhg.
ide like to join tho.. somehow sounds fun from what i actually understood. oh and does it have to be replay or can i also record using my capture card for example.

AntiC

Smash Journeyman
i dont really understand tbh. i read most of it and i dont get it. is this like gamebattles? and is it wifi or irl. uhg.
ide like to join tho.. somehow sounds fun from what i actually understood. oh and does it have to be replay or can i also record using my capture card for example.
it comes through league sets and tournaments

you might as well add the power ranking top 3 since i'm sure they'll be in.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
it comes through league sets and tournaments

you might as well add the power ranking top 3 since i'm sure they'll be in.
I know Lou is going to play. So far no one else has registered yet.

Any way you can get the replay to me or uploaded to youtube is perfectly fine man.

Here is how it works.

You are ranked based on how many points you have. If you want to gain points you can either rank top 5 in tournaments(in state, out of state, national) OR you can challenge people. You know like the people at Waba? They have to be registered though. Anyone registered will be on the "players list". Okay let's say you and I are registered and you want to gain points. Pretend that I am #1 on the list because I have the most points. If you see me at Waba or anywhere else where smash is going on, then you can walk up to me and be like hey man, I'm challenging you to a best of 3 set(or any other set listed in the rules) for 3 points + 10 points because that's what my "rank value" is. If I "dodge" meaning reject it, then all you have to do is report it to me and I will remove 5 points from my score. If I accept it and you win the set, you will gain 13 points to your total and I will lose 13 points from mine. If you have any other questions, just ask man. I'm sure the rules/points aren't PERFECT yet because I just thought this whole thing up in the past 2 days lol.

Oh ya. You can either gain or lose points by

Getting somebody to actively participate in the ladder(pm about this one) = +100 points
Caught Cheating = -100 points
Public disrespect of a smasher in the ladder = -20 points

Don't forget to register :p

John
Rx-
Rx-
Geoff
Gmoney
£_£

You coming to GA or something? or you just playin?

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Update 1:
Added a donation(to the prize) award for points. 1 dollar = +2 points, but you can only earn up to 100 points(50 dollars)

Also, teams ladder??? Anyone interested? I think teams would be even MORE fun, but I'm not fronting another 100 bucks for it.

Player-1

Smash Legend
you shouldnt have incentives like that to add points, because then it becomes little more than politics.

if this is supposed to measure skill, then keep the points based on skill.
Agreed.

Name: Hunter
SWF: Player-1
Tag: P 1

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
i'm in this to win it.

I'm going to only challenge Xif, over and over.

XIF INFESTED XIF-ALCON

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
you shouldnt have incentives like that to add points, because then it becomes little more than politics.

if this is supposed to measure skill, then keep the points based on skill.
I agree and disagree. The purpose is to show both skill and bring in new people to the community. If you put a prize money that people will want then people will want to compete. If people really want to win it, then they will go the extra step for a few more points. The better player will still win...I THINK lol. The -points is obviously to try and keep the community at a respectful level. If we can get a larger community by next season, then I might take those 2 incentives out.

I figure you guys are going to do your traditional power rankings ANYWAYS, so may as well try and build the community with this ladder.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
Noir are you going to start adding people to the list?
They need to register lol...I already added the people who have. Tell your friends about this. I really don't know the "average" brawl players personally, so I can't go call them up or IM them or anything. Tell them to come on smash boards and send me their info. We need to get that action replay and bring it to waba so we can save games over 3 minutes.

~^.NoiR.^~

Smash Ace
I challenge the above people to barwl points matches. Now I just have to find some way to record matches...
I'll be at Waba next friday and I'll try to get action replay by then. Maybe Waba has it, I don't know. After you say the replays, just put them on a SD card and load it onto your computer. Simple stuff man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom