• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Move Rankings (not stolen from anyone)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Everyone else was doing move tier list, so I decided I'd be unique and elitist and do move rankings, instead. They look exactly same, and serve pretty much the same purpose, but they're different, I assure you.

Plasma Whip
Dsmash
Uair
Bair

High
Flip Jump
Dtilt
Paralyzer
Fair
Dash
Jab
Plasma Wire
Suit Pieces
Utilt

Middle
Ledge Getup >100
Ftilt
Usmash
Nair
Dthrow
Ledge Getup <100
Jab Combo
Fallen Getups
Pummel

Low
Fthrow
Bthrow
Dair
Fsmash

Bottom
Uthrow (remember up throws?)

Discuss and whatnot.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Naw... at least f-smash out of a stun can kill people... (in reference to Cake)

Personally I think dair is better than bthrow and you overrate dtilt
I would also move utilt into the high catagory... it super fast and will combo with dash attack inescapably I can't really see it moving ahead of any other moves though. It also works beautifully out of shield or spot-dodge

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think Paralyzer and Jab should be above fair, I use them much more often fair.
Well, then you don't use fair enough. :p I tend to use fair more than most people, though.

Naw... at least f-smash out of a stun can kill people... (in reference to Cake)
Agreed. Uthrow is truly useless. No exaggeration.

Personally I think dair is better than bthrow and you overrate dtilt
I would also move utilt into the high catagory... it super fast and will combo with dash attack inescapably I can't really see it moving ahead of any other moves though. It also works beautifully out of shield or spot-dodge
Bthrow is good for getting people off the stage, and sets up edgeguards pretty well, because it gets you facing your opponent. I can see it dropping down to Low, maybe, but I feel like it actually has situations where it's the best move, whereas dair is simply a mediocre move only in one or two situations, and a downright bad one in all others.

You're probably right about dtilt. I think it's one of ZSS's best spacers, because it has good shield pushback and is tough to punish, plus it also sets up strings. However, Plasma Wire and Flip Jump could surely go above it.

Good point about utilt, though.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Hmm... I never thought about this, but are all suit pieces exactly the same? I like picking up the gun peice more though :D

And is the F-Throw good for any specific situations? It was placed higher then B-Throw, and B-Throw was explained to have good situations. F-Throw doesn't REALLY chaingrab, but it comes a little close (kinda).

Snakeee

Smash Master
Wow, this is actually pretty accurate. Flip jump should be under top especially with all the different uses for it, and suit pieces should be like mid because people are coming up with so many ways to screw me over with them so they're becoming a bit of a double-edged sword X_X . Also, Jab should be at the top of high.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think U-tilt should be a bit higher.
Utilt is higher already. It's got very limited use as an offensive option, and is best as a defensive one. All of the moves above it are better, IMO.

I also think F-smash should be above B-throw, F-throw and D-air.
Fsmash is baaaaaaaaaaaad. At least dair can be useful if you trick your opponent.

Hmm... I never thought about this, but are all suit pieces exactly the same? I like picking up the gun peice more though :D
There's no difference between actual pieces, although they have different damages and knockbacks depending on the speed with which they hit your opponent.

And is the F-Throw good for any specific situations? It was placed higher then B-Throw, and B-Throw was explained to have good situations. F-Throw doesn't REALLY chaingrab, but it comes a little close (kinda).
It has pretty much all of the uses that bthrow has in the other direction, but it also does more damage, has better knockback, and can, in fact, chaingrab at low percents.

Wow, this is actually pretty accurate. Flip jump should be under top especially with all the different uses for it, and suit pieces should be like mid because people are coming up with so many ways to screw me over with them so they're becoming a bit of a double-edged sword X_X . Also, Jab should be at the top of high.
I can see what you mean about Flip Jump and Suit Pieces, but Jab can really only go so high, and I feel like most of the moves above it are fairly solidly above it. It's fast, yes, but it suffers from monodirectionality and short range on the flipside, making it almost solely a defensive move, and maybe a way to mix up close range pressure.

Bouse

Smash Ace
Uthrow is amazing if you know how to utilize it. Some players just can't handle Uthrow, and it requires a lot of work and practice to use it properly, however, once you have it down you can beat the Dsmash with it.

James Sparrow

Smash Master
Sweet thread, I have to make my version of the list.

Top Tier
Plasma Whip
Dsmash
Paralyzer
Bair

High Tier
Suit Pieces
Uair
Ftilt
Dash Attack
Jab
Usmash