• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HO HO HO We Brawlin' Fo Sho 1.0 Farmington, NM Dec 20th (MK OUTLAWED)

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman

This is our first Annual Holiday Tournament. Brought to you by the good fellas at The Smash Academy​

This event will also be a drive for El Dorado Animal Santuary a non-kill animal shelter! Anyone donations of hard dog food, toys, anything would be greatly appreciated! Smash Community Helping the Non-Smash Community!​

Date:
Saturday, December 20th 2008

Time:
Registration - 11:oo am
Tournament - Around 12:30 pm

Address:
4601 E Main St
Farmington, NM 87402

Registration Fees:
Venue Fee - 5.00$
Brawl Singles - $10.00
Brawl Doubles - $20.00 (per team)

$5.00 discount on doubles if you bring a Wii w/disc

Melee Singles (If there is enough interest) - $5.oo
Melee Doubles - $5.oo (per team)

Crew Battles- ????

Rules:

-3-stock
-8-minute timer
-double elimination
-No Items
-All sets will be determined in best of 3 matches
-Best of 5 will be used to determine the victor in Winner's, Loser's and Grand Finals
-First stage is random from the Neutral stages listed below.
- Each player is allowed to reset the random stage once; this forces a new random stage to be picked. If the new stage has been previously reset by either player during the same set, that stage is reset again. (Random Stage Reset)
- The loser of the first match will announce a new stage to play on for the next game. The winner will then be allowed to switch characters, followed by the loser. Same goes for the third match (and fourth/fifth when applicable) if there is one.
- No stage may be used twice in a single set if the counter-picking player has already won on that stage, unless the opponent agrees to use the stage again. (DSR)
- Each person (and/or team) may choose one counter-pick stage to be disabled for the entire set at the START OF THE SET, after characters have been chosen but before the random stage has been picked. You may not ban neutral stages.
- Controller Mods and tactics used to stall a match are banned
- For doubles: Team Attack will be ON, life stealing allowed.

NO LEDGE STALLING!

Ledge Stalling will be defined as repeated (3+ times) of ledge grabbing then drop then repeat. However it is not ledge stalling if the fight has moved to the area.

Neutral Stages

Battlefield
Final Destination
Pokémon Stadium #1
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter-Pick Stages
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Port Town Aero Dive
Rainbow Cruise

Prizes-
The pot will be split 60% 30% 10% Same with Doubles. Additional Prizes are being discussed and will be posted at a later time.

A Trophy will also be given out to 1st place.

Edit: We were going to have pizza and drinks, but it has now been decided that it may take business away from the proprietor of the venue. SORRY!

Grand Finals will be played on a HD LCD Projector and will be recorded and posted under the Smash Academys Archives.

We do need Wii's and Discs the exact amount of how many will be posted later.

Attendees:
1) Dr. Bill Cosby
2)Trigger
3)MagicBeaver
4)Agent Smith
5)2late
6)Zin
7)Tuddy
8)Sinz
9)AlphaBravo
10)Golden Glove
11) Kashakunaki
12)Itchy
13)Elijah
14) Sliraobe God
15) Dekar
16) Marcus
17)X
18)UTAH
19)UTAH
20)UTAH
21)UTAH
22)UTAH
23) 3+ MISC. Albuquerque people

Contact Info: Rueben Prado (Board Member)
505-860-8318
Paul Garcia (Chairman)
Johnnylaw311@hotmail.com

Housing (If needed) well also be determined later on.

Updates will be posted regularly

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Registration Fees:
Venue Fee - $3.50
Brawl Singles - $10.00
Brawl Doubles - $10.00 (per team)

Melee Singles (If there is enough interest) - $5.oo
Melee Doubles - $5.oo (per team)
Such a travesty.

I think you meant to put it this way:

Registration Fees:
Venue Fee - $3.50
Melee Singles - $10.00
Melee Doubles - $10.00 (per team)

Brawl Singles (If there is enough interest) - $5.oo
Brawl Doubles - $5.oo (per team)

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Albuquerque seems very interested. We are advertising heavily here in town and in Durango Co. And I will throw in 100$ to the pot if enough people come.

Right now I do not have any sort of numbers.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alphabravo and me are teaming for this shiz.

Team Manly is back in black.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
I am going to win this.

Just because of how much I hate all of you, I don't want you guys to win it.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Well so who needs housing? Neil said everyone(?) is coming the night before....so I need to know how many people I will be housing.

___X___

Smash Lord
This tournament seems fairly close, if i have a ride then FOR SURE ill be coming with my brother's (the Mexican brigade)

Please let me know an estimate on how much people you think/know are coming.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Well right now we have about 20 people but I have also been advertising so this will surely bring in more. But I will get an exact number to date.

___X___

Smash Lord
Alright thanks! sounds good, we will also need housing, and MUNCHIES! so please let me know if you can provide us with a home.

and also... this tournament is being held in a MALL right?
just checking, and MK is also banned, right right?

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Alright thanks! sounds good, we will also need housing, and MUNCHIES! so please let me know if you can provide us with a home.

and also... this tournament is being held in a MALL right?
just checking, and MK is also banned, right right?
MK is definitely banned :-)

___X___

Smash Lord
MK is definitely banned :-)
haha nice, so i can actually own you all with my sonic.
oh and if your wondering if DAI is coming, its a maybe i guesS? he always flakes, so i think i might be the only one coming out of my brothers.

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Make sure he comes.
I want to play him again :)

___X___

Smash Lord
Haha, ill try my best to make him come, but i doubt he will,
anyways, STILL looking for housing! HELLLLPPP!!!!!!!

Sliraobe God

Smash Apprentice
Wow. At this point I was expecting a fair amount of OoS people to confirm for this tournament. Well this is disappointing. The turnout isn't looking that great, and this thread certainly won't be stickied due to the timing.

This location is GREAT - it's right next to the four corners area. It's only like a 6 hour drive for the heavily populated parts of Arizona, it's only like a 3+ hour drive from the heavily populated parts of Colorado, and it's only like a 5 hour drive for the heavily populated parts of Utah. (don't quote me on these times.)

I would really try to advertise more if possible, and get in MORE HOUSING. We'll probably get at least 2 cars worth of OoS people, so we do need some housing. Come on Paul, find something.

___X___

Smash Lord
Wow. At this point I was expecting a fair amount of OoS people to confirm for this tournament. Well this is disappointing. The turnout isn't looking that great, and this thread certainly won't be stickied due to the timing.

This location is GREAT - it's right next to the four corners area. It's only like a 6 hour drive for the heavily populated parts of Arizona, it's only like a 3+ hour drive from the heavily populated parts of Colorado, and it's only like a 5 hour drive for the heavily populated parts of Utah. (don't quote me on these times.)

I would really try to advertise more if possible, and get in MORE HOUSING. We'll probably get at least 2 cars worth of OoS people, so we do need some housing. Come on Paul, find something.
QFT.

yeah johnnylaw, you need to start posting more in here and getting things set, utah expects to have a carpool of 6 ppl!
and we need housing also!
and MUNCHIES! help us out.

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Allright suckers, how many people need housing? I need a number, and yes I will have munchies.

I think I will house everyone at my house, but hope you guys do not mind a not so fabulous place to stay. Its small but its aight.

So again I will house.

___X___

Smash Lord
Allright suckers, how many people need housing? I need a number, and yes I will have munchies.

I think I will house everyone at my house, but hope you guys do not mind a not so fabulous place to stay. Its small but its aight.

So again I will house.
Alright, as long as its a house, its ALL good,
especially if you have munchies... thats perfect!

we are coming with about 6 people so expect that.

AND your gonna be very lucky to house us, we are TOUGH stuff :colorful:

___X___

Smash Lord
Six eh? aight sounds good.

And Interim says you guys are not showing up, hopefully he is wrong, huh?
what the.. why would he say that... hmmmm...

well if the weather gets bad enough over here i guess we can't come, but right now we are still coming.

so, any idea on how many people are coming? anything updated?

johnnylaw505

Smash Journeyman
Well I hope the weather is good. So I am expecting 30+ people easily. Again weather permitting.

And what would be the plans, I do not have to work all day friday so what time would you guys be arriving?

And that just the well skilled players, as far as the random noobs that will come (because again I have been posting flyers around town) I am certain we will get more. So if you think you'll place I think the experience and prizes will be well worth it.

___X___

Smash Lord
Well I hope the weather is good. So I am expecting 30+ people easily. Again weather permitting.

And what would be the plans, I do not have to work all day friday so what time would you guys be arriving?

And that just the well skilled players, as far as the random noobs that will come (because again I have been posting flyers around town) I am certain we will get more. So if you think you'll place I think the experience and prizes will be well worth it.

i hope the weather is good also, ive been looking forward to this for quite a while.

and ohh 30+? sounds good enough to me! and if we DO end up coming we will probably arive around 10 PM.

and hahah i hope A LOT of random noobs come, ill give them a show ;)

Top Bottom