• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atomic Comics Mesa Arizona Brawl Monthlies - February 7th !

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
SINGLES AND DOUBLES

Atomic Mesa Superstore
1120 South Country Club #105
Mesa, AZ 85210

Pm me if you need any additional direction or info

Sign-ups and warm-ups start at 1:00 pm

Entry
Singles: $5
Doubles: $10 per team

Pay out as such:

1st: 60%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 15%

The pay out is in store credit.

Rules

- Double Elimination
- Best 2 out of 3, Best 3 out of 5 for winners, losers, and grand finals
- 3 Stock
- 7 Minute Time Limit
- Items Off
- Friendly Fire on for teams
- Stalling is banned
- Metaknight infinite cape glitch is banned
- First stage is selected at random than loser chooses next stage.
- After the first round the loser picks the stage, the winner decides what character he will
play and then the
loser will pick their character and the next round will begin.
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed
upon by both players
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage

Neutral Stages
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Smashville
-Yoshi's Island
-Lylat Cruise

Counterpick
-Delfino Plaza
-Frigate Orpheon
-Jungle Japes
-Norfair
-Pokémon Stadium 1

If anybody has any recommendations let me know, I would also like to make these bi weekly if possible. I don't care if people play melee as long as they bring a set up. Wiis will be needed we have 3 tvs already if you want to bring another set up it would be greatly appreciated and makes matches go by faster.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
Is anybody coming to this?
This is on saturday right?
In phoenix?

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace
you can always expect me to show up.

1 suggestion could be to switch up the pool stages every tourny, not just the same ones. i don't know what other stages we could do but just and idea.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Can't we just make this a regular tourney instead of having the pools? Even if you lose all matches, it's still 4, only 1 less than with pools. I hate how it's just one match in pools. :(

Jar'd

Smash Ace
kk. You should probably put these on aib if you wanna add to the turnout. I'm sure there is a decent amount of players who go there but not here.

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Definitely. Putting Coty's on aib will actually give us a chance for some pizza. :p

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
I think I'll be there. Gotta clear it with the wife. she sometimes makes plans and tells me and i forget...we could be going to disney world this weekend and i wouldn't remember...

forward

Smash Champion
Oh **** I just read the payout is in store credit. Hypothetically speaking, if I won any store credit would anyone be willing to buy it off of me?

Does anyone want to do money matches? Or teams money matches?

jetfour

Smash Journeyman
I am Spartacus er, his teammate. We're Tucson rivals for 64/Brawl basically. Of course he destroys me at Melee though.

If I get any store credit, I'll just use it and gift whatever I buy with store credit so I don't need to spend any money for the holidays. If they don't like their Batman belt buckles they can suck it.

forward

Smash Champion
Hey guys, this was a pretty fun tournament, I have not enjoyed brawl this much in a long time. I was pleasently surprised by the level of some of these new smashers, just add some old-skool melee skillz and you'd be hella dope

lockdown7

Smash Cadet
Lets get a little bump going for this so it can be promoted better.

Will the next one be next saturday?! We are all counting on you Justin.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
So this is monthly in Mesa? Whens the next one? And do you guys ban Meta Knight?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
No this monthly is in Tucson.

The next one is next year.

We ban everyone but falcon.

JustinKamikaze

Smash Ace
i get back to AZ on monday and ill find out when i can host the next one im going to try to shoot for the 17th ill update once i know cuz i think the 10th would be short notice maybe

what do you guys think?

Top Bottom