• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario's Frame data.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I feel like giving some frame data for you people to look at...

Mario
Jab: 2 frames

Forward Tilt: 5 frames
Up Tilt: 5 frames
Down Tilt: 7 frames

Dash Attack: 7 frames

Up Smash: 9 frames
Down Smash: 5 frames
Forward Smash: 15 frames

Side B: 12 frames
Neutral B: 14 frames
Down B: 25 frames?
Up B: 3 frames

Forward Aerial: 22 frames
Back Aerial: 6 frames
Down Aerial: 5 frames
Up Aerial: 4 frames
Neutral Aerial: 4 frames

Some notes here...they didn't have the start up time for FLUDD ...so I went and tried to fill that info in by comparing some things...
I think we need to thank Clinton.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I think we had a thread about it earlier, but he wasn't sure if it was correct.

Ray/Boshi

Smash Journeyman
I knew them Aerials came out pretty quick. Didnt think the frame data would be that low though. But i've no idea on how it works.

Lol @ the Fludd. :rotfl:

You the man Clint. :)

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Since bair is 6 frames, and uair is 4 frames... and you can do 2 bairs in one short hop, 12 frames total.. is it possible to do 3 uair in one short hop..? making it 12 frames total as well..? I was never good with frames xD

Vyyruss

Smash Apprentice
not really, I tried, he does one on the incline of the jump one in the middle coming down
and one just before he hits the ground. You can see the animation start but I can't get
the hit to register.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
You can only do two aerials max in a shorthop with Mario. The only aerial Mario can do more than twice in a fullhop is U-air.

As for SHDA Mario has:
U-air -> U-air
B-air -> B-air
B-air -> U-air
U-air -> B-air (I think, this one is hard to pull off from what I've seen)
D-air -> N-air
D-air -> U-air

Genos

Smash Apprentice
Since bair is 6 frames, and uair is 4 frames... and you can do 2 bairs in one short hop, 12 frames total.. is it possible to do 3 uair in one short hop..? making it 12 frames total as well..? I was never good with frames xD
These are just startup times. They don't include the active frames or the cooldown frames. Just look at the dair. There's no way that attack lasts 5 frames. >_>

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
This can use more detailed information though, like ending frames so we know which move can be used best for punishing and not being punished.

Not complaining about what we have now though.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
A2 Bairs can be done more than 2 times in a full hop.
Are you sure about this? I tested this one extensively. I've found the only way Mario can do more than 2 B-airs in a fullhop is from a platform or by using up his midair jump. He falls just *slightly* too fast for him to get off a 3rd B-air in fullhop alone.

I dun get why people find double B-air hard. If you're like me and used to doing buffered aerials for frame perfect autocancels with a character like Ganondorf, it's pretty easy if you ask me. Just sometimes you have to be careful not to accidentally F-air.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Are you sure about this? I tested this one extensively. I've found the only way Mario can do more than 2 B-airs in a fullhop is from a platform or by using up his midair jump. He falls just *slightly* too fast for him to get off a 3rd B-air in fullhop alone.
I can't do it either XD

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Well, we need to close this topic and bump that one...then test and see if it's right since Trump Card wasn't sure...

_clinton

Smash Master
Well I know Mario's Nair is faster then Ness'...frame 4...however it lasts longer then Ness'...because Ness can do 2 Nair's in a short hop...where as Mario can only do 1...

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Well I know Mario's Nair is faster then Ness'...frame 4...however it lasts longer then Ness'...because Ness can do 2 Nair's in a short hop...where as Mario can only do 1...
Nope, too late. You lost your glory :laugh:

The Trump Card

Smash Cadet
You're welcome guys, and I think Mario's Ftilt comes out the same time as R.O.B.'s Dsmash but I don't have a good way to prove it.

Top Bottom