• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm not even a Zelda. I should play nice.

I'm going to play nice with the princesses.

So, Zelda's, you know what's cool. Sparkles. They're pretty awesome right?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I can't believe I'm saying this but what does that word mean?

I just looked up and the literall explanations I got didn't help me understand this post at all.
In his post I believe he is using the word to emphasize an aspect of a fictional character. He is basically saying that Zelda is practically defined by sparkles.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
it'd be the equivalent of calling your friend with the most facial hair "beard"

A synecdoche is when one facet or aspect of a person is so central, so defining a feature, that it can be used to identify the whole individual.

With Zelda, it'd be sparkles... with Metakinght, it might be something like "B button"

:chuckle: (I kid)

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I used to love Hamtaro...

Interesting Fact - Sometimes when really concentrating on running I go
"ticky-ticky-ticky-ticky..." I have been doing that since like... freshman year high school. Only very few people actually heard me and thankfully they where friends of mine lol.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I lol'd.

Pika boards tried to invade the Marths, but half of us (not meee~ x.o) got multiple infractions, lol. Marth boards are srs business, apparently. x.x
Yes, our boards are serious business (aka, well-moderated).

Plus, we have mad scientists that experiment on gerbils (and hamsters as a crime of opportunity).

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I used to love Hamtaro...

Interesting Fact - Sometimes when really concentrating on running I go
"ticky-ticky-ticky-ticky..." I have been doing that since like... freshman year high school. Only very few people actually heard me and thankfully they where friends of mine lol.
Out loud?

I can't talk if I'm running that hard. =O

@adumbrodeus: I noticed, lol. We were kind of disappointed.... we just wanted to spread some love! The Snakes and ICs didn't seem to mind. :mad:

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
I feel so sorry for Kataefi's username pronunciation problem, but...

have you ever thought maybe YOU were the one pronouncing it wrong? :)
:laugh:

I fought my first well played Olimar as Zelda. I need a hug.
*hugs*

That's funny, because yesterday I did the same! I lost the first three... and then I got one win... and then I got 3-stocked, so I down B'd. >_>

Good lord, he saddens me.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Updated first page. I did my best to add pictures to profiles using as close of a format that Kataefi was using.

I added my own picture. I'm sure most of you have seen what I look like already because of my vids/myspace etc. But yeah this is me.

I haven't seen any new posts with tournament results. If I missed anything let me know.

I also updated the video archive and put together the critique section so check it out.

Kataefi feel free to change anything in the first post regarding my edits/updates that you see fit.

HSI 2009 is less than 2 weeks from now. Almost 60 people for Brawl singles confirmed. Also teams/ganon challenge/and a big 15 v 15 crew draft crew battle. Pretty cool.

k shoots.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Good stuff bobby, it all looks good. I think I'm gonna edit out the "obligatory sexy pictures" phrase on everyone's profiles because my OCD habits are telling me to lol. I think it looks neater without.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
@adumbrodeus: I noticed, lol. We were kind of disappointed.... we just wanted to spread some love! The Snakes and ICs didn't seem to mind. :mad:

*thinks narbonic (the comic referenced to) is amazing*

Consider yourself lucky, you ended up as a talking Gerbil, no, not a hamster, a gerbil.

Marfs are allergic to love, it makes Marth's tiara fall off, causing the world to be destroyed due to his overwhelming manliness that is barely suppressed by the tiara.

*hug*

Don't feel bad. Yesterday, my boyfriend three-stocked me with Ganondorf. :urg:
Good Ganondorfs are **** if you don't know the match-up.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Good Ganondorfs are **** if you don't know the match-up.
I've noticed. :urg:

Look on the bright side. I've never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend. :cry::cry:

And I got three-stocked by a Ganondorf once too. 'Twas very embarassing.
Wait for the right person to come along. Don't worry, it'll happen sooner than you think.

I did make up for it in the next match, but seriously. Got *****.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Look on the bright side. I've never had a boyfriend or a girlfriend. :cry::cry:

And I got three-stocked by a Ganondorf once too. 'Twas very embarassing.
Jeez Ive had like 10 already and Im 13......

But dont worry, Im sure youll find that perfect person that makes you happy :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:Im trying to be helpful go with it.

Oh, and yes ganondorfs can very good. Ganon for G tier! (You know, Ganondorf/God tier. You see my logic? I knew you would......See it:mad::mad:

Sorry Im feeling moodswingy today. Must be puberty.......:mad::chuckle::mad::chuckle::mad:

Edit::::::::
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203266
What ever happened to this thread?
I saw it in the directory and it looked like a neat idea, but nobody has posted in it since January. I tihnk we should bring this thread back, it could be helpful.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
That's funny, because yesterday I did the same! I lost the first three... and then I got one win... and then I got 3-stocked, so I down B'd. >_>

Good lord, he saddens me.
It must be the season for getting ***** by Olimars. The one I played was Dotcom.... he's got the camp game down so good. x.x Zelda DOES NOT like chasing people. :mad:

k shoots.
Maaaan, always so serious-faced!

I kid, nice pic. <3

I think I'm gonna edit out the "obligatory sexy pictures" phrase on everyone's profiles because my OCD habits are telling me to lol. I think it looks neater without.
You have no idea how many times on the Pika boards I want to edit people's OPs.... because of spelling/grammar or ugly formatting. I like everything to be perfect and pretty, and it bothers me when it's not. X.X

Having the power to edit just makes it worse!

Sorry Im feeling moodswingy today. Must be puberty.......
Oh god, I laughed so hard when I read that. XD <3 zeldaspazz

*thinks narbonic (the comic referenced to) is amazing*
*pretends to know what adumbrodeus is talking about* x.o

Oh, somebody mentioned my sig.... all of us have different ones depending on who our secondaries are, lolol. Hence why mine has Zeldabunz. :)

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I guess so, anyone got a relationship story?
oh!oh! I have one.

During my freshman year there was this girl that kept hinting at liking me. I wasn't sure if I liked her back but I thought, "hey maybe I should give it a shot." I talked to her, kinda flirted but that's all it stayed at.
Then one night around 12:00 AM I got a call while I was playing a game. It was her and she was drunk....really drunk. Se was with friends that went up north for some fun. They all got drunk and I could hear yelling and crap in the background. She told me she loved me and asked if I loved her back. I told her to stop drinking and don't try to drive a car and said good-bye.
Soooo it was interesting. I'm still kinda interested in her. We went to a school dance together and it was really fun. She does some f'cked up crap sometimes though. For now, it's going nowhere.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
oh!oh! I have one.

During my freshman year there was this girl that kept hinting at liking me. I wasn't sure if I liked her back but I thought, "hey maybe I should give it a shot." I talked to her, kinda flirted but that's all it stayed at.
Then one night around 12:00 AM I got a call while I was playing a game. It was her and she was drunk....really drunk. Se was with friends that went up north for some fun. They all got drunk and I could hear yelling and crap in the background. She told me she loved me and asked if I loved her back. I told her to stop drinking and don't try to drive a car and said good-bye.
Soooo it was interesting. I'm still kinda interested in her. We went to a school dance together and it was really fun. She does some f'cked up crap sometimes though. For now, it's going nowhere.
Lol I never really hear about woman getting drunk like that. Did she try to drive teh car?? And make something happen you fool:mad: Make it go somewhere, it will be worth it in the end:chuckle:

I personally have two friends that have been going out for 2 years (Im 13 remember so this is weird) But.....they break up all the time. They've gone out and broken up 9 times (yeah....9). My friends and I end up placing bets to see when theyll break up/get back together. Ive won about 20 dollars off the bets :chuckle:

Oh, and my life is complete now because I've been recognized by the all-important Kaylo! *does happy dance*

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
Mmm, relationships?

Well the only person that I found out legitimately liked me posted it on an anonymous college forum. I found out who it was, but she wasn't looking for a relationship like we're talking about. She just wanted... uh, something else........ like my car, yeah.

Top Bottom