• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IRL tourney results in (OP updated)

SuSa

Banned via Administration
This is my first Brawl tourney, not first tourney ever...
But since Brawl =/= Melee (which I only lost 1 tourney our of the 19 I went to...) I'm nervous a bit..
My plan is to Camp with 'nades and Space with ftilts as Snake
If they counterpick me (Falco/ROB/etc.) I plan to use IC if I lose. Because IC > everything (except Rob and Jigglz)
I do not fear the MK matchup, because I've faced many good MK's. Plus 0>Death>>>>MK if I can get a single grab in xD
Wish me luck, and I'll post the results (20+ person outcome, $5 entry fee, 60% first place pot) when I'm done.
And it gives me a chance to meet some of our smash scene people :D

Link to tourney info:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3501

However, there are 3 matchups I fear:

DK
Weegee
Wolf

^ screw that.... matchups I fear:

Wolf
Another Snake
ROB

------

Any help with those 3? (Those are the 3 that I've almost never, ever played

___________ Disregarded my entire plan....I stuck with MK

1. I picked Snake, lost to Nano (Zamus)
2. I counterpicked IC, beat Nano (Zamus)
3. I stayed IC, lost to Nano (Zamus)

All below matches I used Meta Knight:

4. 3 stocked Gimpd (Rob)
5. 2 stocked Gimpd (Rob)
6. 2 stocked Judge (Diddy)
7. 2 stocked Judge (Diddy)
8. Lost to Hugs (Rob)
9. 1 stocked Hugs (Rob)
10. Lost to Hugs (Rob) due to an SD :mad:

Results: (how I did)

Winners' bracket

Lost to Nano

Losers' bracket

Bye
Defeated Gimpd
Defeated Judge
Lost to Hugs

Overall placing: 9/22

SuSa

*bump* Leaving in 15 minutes, please... tips against those 3 >.< (what to watch out for, how to counter it, etc.)

I faced my friends Wolf, I found that cooking nade's is useless -.- they can down-B to avoid it... rofl...

SuSa

I lost to a ROB.. named Huggs >.<

I ended up losing with my Snake/IC first round, went to losers bracket, and went straight MK. Won 3 rounds in a row, then lost to Huggs 2-1 in the set.... I SD'd when he was at 190% last stock >.<

**** it >.<

Semmick

Smash Journeyman

I ended up losing with my Snake/IC first round, went to losers bracket, and went straight MK. Won 3 rounds in a row, then lost to Huggs 2-1 in the set.... I SD'd when he was at 190% last stock >.<

**** it >.<
Nice job though. Meta Knight always seems to be a good way to advance a bit

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42

**** it >.<
He was in the top 5 or 10 in the nation at Melee's end. He knew M2K before he went pro. I've met him in person, played a few friendlies against the guy. He's good as hell.

BTW, I was 50 minutes drive from that tourney, but had no ride. In any case, you've done better than me. I've been to 7, and haven't gotten past R1 in singles yet. Be proud of yourself.

Also, there's a tournament in Chatsworth tommorow: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3405

If you can go, do so. I'll be there.

SuSa

He was in the top 5 or 10 in the nation at Melee's end. He knew M2K before he went pro. I've met him in person, played a few friendlies against the guy. He's good as hell.

BTW, I was 50 minutes drive from that tourney, but had no ride. In any case, you've done better than me. I've been to 7, and haven't gotten past R1 in singles yet. Be proud of yourself.

Also, there's a tournament in Chatsworth tommorow: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3405

If you can go, do so. I'll be there.
You're kidding me right :dizzy: ?

And yea, his Rob is great... I just kept falling for the same edge moves (fall uair, rising nair...) xD I thought I could hit him before he could hit me, turns out I was wrong... and payed for it

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
He was in the top 5 or 10 in the nation at Melee's end.
Assuming its the same hugz (not saying it isn't, just that I didn't know he played barlw)

I had a tourney today too! they're so fun. Havokk, just keep at it, your results will keep getting better and better. Like I say to everybody after a tourney, good **** man

\m/ ^.^ \m/

-Ran

Smash Master
Lots of tournaments today. I ended up taking fourth in the one I was in today... Then we did crews, and I took off five of the other teams stocks. Basically did in one third of their stock total. xD

SuSa

Assuming its the same hugz (not saying it isn't, just that I didn't know he played barlw)

I had a tourney today too! they're so fun. Havokk, just keep at it, your results will keep getting better and better. Like I say to everybody after a tourney, good **** man

\m/ ^.^ \m/
Huggs not hugz >.> so it's probably not the same person xD rofl

wow xD lots of tourneys....

And next time I'm going 90% MK, 10% counterpicking if need be >.> (my MK vs Snake = no thank you... I prefer Ice Climbers :3)

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
Huggs not hugz >.> so it's probably not the same person xD rofl

wow xD lots of tourneys....

And next time I'm going 90% MK, 10% counterpicking if need be >.> (my MK vs Snake = no thank you... I prefer Ice Climbers :3)
It might be. Sounds like him. Hugz plays ROB in Brawl.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Congrats, Havokk. 9th in your first tourney is really good, especially if the one who knocked you out really was Hugz.

SuSa

Thanks Angel

I don't think it was hugz... because this was hugs....rofl....

But still >.< ROB is.... a confusing matchup (I can't CG with Ice Climbers against Rob, and.... my Snake can't handle Rob... and apparently my MK has problems against him as well)

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
MK does seem to have a harder time against ROB than against other people. He's heavy as hell, hard to gimp, has great projectiles, and a Dsmash that's faster than yours (!). Not to mention he's almost impossible to gimp. I'd still say MK's favor because of his aerials are much better and faster, but ROB isn't a horrible matchup against MK.

SuSa

He's a lot easier to gimp then you think >.> .... just time your Dair well, and mix it up with some bairs (not fair)

But... -.- he's extremely hard to KO if he can DI well, and his projectiles get annoying and can get some low % kills ( I got killed at 23% from a laz0r...)

Natch

Smash Ace
NNID
Natch42
http://allisbrawl.com/profile.aspx?id=5

You played against Hugz/Hugs. Trust me. His name seems to vary, but I'm sure it was him you played against. If you want more proof, scroll down on that page and look to the far left. You'll see who he plays in Brawl, down to the color he prefers to use.

Top Bottom