• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LOBSTER3 - Maine, December 20th, Brawl & Melee - SETUPS PLZ! New Schedule

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
THE BLADE BREAKERS PRESENT...
LONG OVERDUE: BITTY'S SUPER TRIUMPHANT EXCELLENT RETURN

aka
LOBSTER3

Date:
December 20th

148 Main Street
Biddeford, Maine

It's right next to a Thai restaurant for reference.

Events (Entry fee):
Brawl Singles ($10)
Melee Singles ($10)
Brawl Doubles ($10 per team)
Venue Fee: $3
Prize split: 60/30/10

Schedule:
Around 11 we will start sign ups for Brawl Doubles
At noon, Brawl Doubles will begin
Near end of Brawl Doubles, sign ups will begin for Melee Singles
At end of Brawl Doubles, Melee Singles will begin
Near end of Melee Singles, sign ups will begin for Brawl Singles
At end of Melee Singles, Brawl Singles will begin

I can't guarantee anything (aside from sign-ups ending at noon), so please bring setups!

Rules
Brawl
• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes two stages for the entire set. One neutral stage, one counterpick stage. The neutral can't be played on the first game, and the counterpick can't be used during the set. Consider the chosen neutral a counterpick stage, and the chosen counterpick a banned stage.
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)

Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counters
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

Melee
• 4 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen. The chosen stage may not be used during the entire set.
• You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, Wobbling forever), are banned. Wobbling by itself is allowed, capped at 250%.

Starters
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams (SINGLES ONLY)

Counters
Mute City (SINGLES ONLY)
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria
Mushroom Kingdom 2 (TEAMS ONLY)
Termina (TEAMS ONLY)

All other stages are banned.

General Rules:
• The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
wwwww2 Minutes Late – Warning
wwwww4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
wwwww6 Minutes Late – Loss of set
• Keep profanity and fights out of the store, we're not the only people there so at the very least please respect the venue for hosting us.

=================================================

SET-UPS PLS
Wiis with both games are much appreciated! Memory cards aren't required since I can use one memory card per Melee set-up, but please have complete Brawl data! TVs are super rad as well!

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
i have my last final that day : (

however its at 8 am, and i would love to come play you guys in brawl, so assuming it doesn't start too early, certainly a possibility to go...

Banks

Smash Hero

8BITT

Smash Rookie
Sure is, should be a blast too. I'll see just how many bangor people can go between now and when I get home, and we'll all carpool together

EDIT: 12TH

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
bawwwwwwww
bawwwwwwww

iunno when I'll get the details up, as I'm currently at Larx's dorm.

edit: i've decided i'm instead going to run Low Tier Melee, All-Brawl (which will forever be renamed "Arcade Brawl"), and Smash 64.

not really.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
bawwwwwwww

iunno when I'll get the details up, as I'm currently at Larx's dorm.

edit: i've decided i'm instead going to run Low Tier Melee, All-Brawl (which will forever be renamed "Arcade Brawl"), and Smash 64.

not really.
This idea is too epic, even for Dazwa.

8BITT

Smash Rookie
i can't wait to get last or close to it at this man, considering i won't have played anything but a couple games of smash 64 in the last 4 months (obv. won't help my melee or brawl skills at all). BUT I STILL NEED A TEAMS PARTNER IF THERE'S TEAMS!

Skler

Smash Master
I wish you were really running low tier melee.

I'm also unsure of my finals schedule, but I'm pretty sure I won't have anything conflict with this. I only have two finals, just no idea WHEN THEY ARE.

Banks

Smash Hero
LOL @ fake tournament list.

that'd be awesome if all you guys really came up here, we need to get the melee numbers SKY HIGH and we can all eat together at the same place and throw food at the walls!!

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm gunna talk to Riot and figure out some way for us to get up there. It'll be my first Maine Tourney! Yay!

Times like this I really wish Riot drove himself to tourneys so I wouldn't have to wonder if he could make it up for doubles.

Jman115

Smash Journeyman
I never really paid attention in Melee but was Samus low tier by chance :)

Also what exactly is an All-Brawl Tourney?

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I never really paid attention in Melee but was Samus low tier by chance :)

Also what exactly is an All-Brawl Tourney?
Samus isn't low tier, and All Brawl is all items, all stages, first stage random, 2 stock, 3 minutes.

I'm really hoping some of you checked the spoiler tag because you're taking this awfully seriously <_<

Hoser

Smash Ace
Oh fo sho. I think I'll aim for 6th place this time.

The Rescue Rangers are going to dominate teams.

Unless I crush your Ike again. *flex*

First thing I'm gonna do when I get there is beat every character you play. I eat Bowsers for breakfast now, so if you're still using him, you better Prepare Yourself!

XD

Dazwa said:
I'm really hoping some of you checked the spoiler tag because you're taking this awfully seriously <_<
I knew you were joking, but I actually didn't even see the spoiler >.>

CoolGreenApple

Smash Rookie
Gosh darn it, my mom works saturdays, and unless one of you guys wants to come all the way up here and pick me up, I'm stuck here. Unless I start walking now. That's a pretty good idea actually. Screw school, I'm walking.

~edit~

32ND thirty-second thirty-second

Spife

Smash Master
I'll be going and I;ll be bringing the usual: 2 tvs, 1 game cube, 1 melee, 1 memory card, 1 smash, 1 russian. :)

Banks

Smash Hero
I'm gonna start a gang of ruffians called the melee boyz, we should all wear leather jackets and chew toothpicks. we can sneer at the brawl setups. roman and spife, you want in on this?

oh and armus, there is no 6th place in brackets, two people tie for 5th, two people tie for 7th. so you must shoot for 5th!

Spife

Smash Master
I'm gonna start a gang of ruffians called the melee boyz, we should all wear leather jackets and chew toothpicks. we can sneer at the brawl setups. roman and spife, you want in on this?

oh and armus, there is no 6th place in brackets, two people tie for 5th, two people tie for 7th. so you must shoot for 5th!
only if we can travel in packs, slightly hunched over snapping both hands simultaniously as we swing them down.

Top Bottom