• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ryko Presents: Zany Balls - A new york tournament Results

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Singles:
1: Malcolm (Sonic)
2: Blackanese (Game and Watch, Meta Knight, Ice Climbers)
3: Rookie (Fox)
4: BSC (DDD, Kirby)
5: Ryko (Snake, Falco, DDD)
5: Shadowlink (Sonic)
7: Will (MK)
7: Glick (Kirby)
9: Roger
9: Revan
9: Naks
9: Guru
13: Hektic
13: Age
13: Killa

Some winner's finals matches (was 3-1):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pFNJtlAeRQ - Sonic (Malcolm) vs Meta Knight (Blackanese)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZMuACATcWc - Sonic (Malcolm) vs Game and Watch (Blackanese)

CO18

Smash Hero
SONIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCC.

Wow he beat blackanese too lol

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
He entered your tournament too, just not under that name. And dan/don didn't make it for some reason, i'll ask them in the crew thread.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
i hope everything went well ryko, again sorry about not attending. Sundays are really bad for me

blackanese

Smash Lord
New York Citaaay :333 Occupation: Stripper ;]
MALCOM IS ********* PRO, i only beat him like 1 game cause he let me win x]]]

people should know i suck at this game xD maybe just a little x]

anyways this was fun event / weekend x] gotta do it again shons

good stuff 2 meeting every1 / seeing people again and what not

and the ride home on the train was 2 funny as usual xDD

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Well, if me and Atomsk did show up, that would have made four teams. And then Izumi would have definitely teamed with someone. Hmm.

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
Hell yes, I'm gonna report this to the Sonic tourney results if someone hasn't already done so. Good **** Malcom.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Doubles would have happened had any teams stuck it out but people bowed out for fear they would lose >_> we had like 5 teams, 6 if more zb showed, 7 if 2 brothers decided to team but yeah 16 people singles tourney (15 really) so really we didnt even get enough for a bracket, then our round robin died when the 4th team decided against it.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
ryko held a beast event. i wish more ppl had come but its w/e. good stuff to sonic for beastin and lettin me hold the controller. good stuff to blackanese for takin me to the most random stages lmao. and shadowlink for takin me to green greens and killin himself LMAO.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Uh there were friendlies beforehand dude lol. The stage set is exactly the same as yours except I added pirate ship and allowed 2 stage bans and 1 neutral strike. Black just came up with counterpicks that malcolm didn't expect. For example malcolm counter picked rainbow cruise on me today <_<

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Uh there were friendlies beforehand dude lol. The stage set is exactly the same as yours except I added pirate ship and allowed 2 stage bans and 1 neutral strike. Black just came up with counterpicks that malcolm didn't expect. For example malcolm counter picked rainbow cruise on me today <_<
Why would you allow Pirate Ship? Haven't you seen the water camping nonsense and how stupid canonballs are? ~_~

I guess two stage bans and one neutral strike means you wouldn't have to worry about it, but anyone with a brain or someone that doesn't main a character broken there will just ban Pirate Ship every time.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Why would you allow Pirate Ship? Haven't you seen the water camping nonsense and how stupid canonballs are? ~_~

I guess two stage bans and one neutral strike means you wouldn't have to worry about it, but anyone with a brain or someone that doesn't main a character broken there will just ban Pirate Ship every time.
For one, water stalling was considered excessive stalling and a banned tactic.

Secondly, it was considered the same concept that anyone who isnt a floater or plays heavies wouldnt come near rainbow cruise (which, ironically, I had counterpicked on me 3 times today because I kept banning yoshi's and other random **** and really I didnt expect a sonic to do it anyway). ****'s broken for them but you don't really think twice of it as a MK main <_<

And yeah, thirdly since there were 2 bans if someone just detested the stage it could get flat out banned (which no one did even with an ike player around since I dont often counterpick the stage).

Lastly, the cannonballs? Really?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
The cannonballs can kill you at 40% even if you're a heavy character and they do crazy damage. I think some do 50% or some crap. I forget since it's been a while.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Yeah but the take mroe time to actually hit someone than it takes for a block to reform above your head on rainbow on the off chance you get knocked on your *** on of them and there are plenty of character that are proper ****ed should that situation happen. You solve both of these the same way, keep an eye out and get away.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Yeah, hence avoiding it. You can fly, block it, dodge it, move out the way, jump up on the platform, grab someone and just take the hit because you want to, it's not like the things are instantly there, you can figure out where theyre going to be quite easily well before the point that they actually present any actual danger. You have no idea who the crane arm is going to hit on halberd most of the time until its actually moving, and it reaches its target much earlier than a bomb does, and if done at a wrong moment can actually take someone out.

Will_Base

Smash Rookie
Why is half this thread about the pirate ship? I don’t think I saw a single match played there all day. This thread should be full of posts thanking Ryko for hosting a great event.

Ryko’s smash-fests are a ton of fun and are great for the community and running an actual tournament takes it to the next level. Good show man

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I would've gone to pirate ship because that stage reminds me of izumi and i <3 izumi. ryko i'll be at the next one if i don't have an exam then next day

.Revan.

Smash Rookie
Props to Ryko for hosting this.
For someone who isn't that great(me) I enjoyed myself.
Looking forward for the next smashfest Ryko.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
**** i really wish i was there. missed smashing it up wit revan and will base. I want another shot at that mk. and someone enlighten me why people want to ban mk. why am i surrounded with people who have a hateration for mk. i may not main him but cmon. i see banning infinites but a character is too excessive

Top Bottom