• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ghost Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

pichuboy9

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrouchoMarxist
(note,someone might have already came up with this,and if y'all have,Im sorry) Fiddling with jigglypuff on Melee and Brawl,I have discovered a technique with jigglypuff's rollout, which I call the ghost out...Charge rollout to however long you want, however you normally would to use it....But right before you make contact with the opponent, tilt the analog stick or d-pad the opposite way you are going...If you do it right, you will go behind the opponent and hit them...Its useful if some tries to roll from the rollout and counter attack, but its more of a mind games tactics.... What causes this I believe is that jiggly has an invincibility frame when he turns with rollout, so if you turn as soon as you you would hit,you will turn, but with momentum go behind your opponent and hit them from behind.....

illinialex24

Smash Hero
(note,someone might have already came up with this,and if y'all have,Im sorry) Fiddling with jigglypuff on Melee and Brawl,I have discovered a technique with jigglypuff's rollout, which I call the ghost out...Charge rollout to however long you want, however you normally would to use it....But right before you make contact with the opponent, tilt the analog stick or d-pad the opposite way you are going...If you do it right, you will go behind the opponent and hit them...Its useful if some tries to roll from the rollout and counter attack, but its more of a mind games tactics.... What causes this I believe is that jiggly has an invincibility frame when he turns with rollout, so if you turn as soon as you you would hit,you will turn, but with momentum go behind your opponent and hit them from behind.....
This is known and is fairly widely used. I'm gonna report this thread for a lock but don't be discouraged because this was a good independent find even if it was already known.

pichuboy9

Smash Rookie
NNID
GrouchoMarxist
Oh,thanks dude,now I know....But thanks for telling me,I thought i discovered sumthin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom