• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Pivot Walk (doop-walking?) with Pika?

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Behold... pikachu's approach game may have just gotten..... cuter.....? O_O

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207154

I just saw some threads about this and Mister_E has been discussing on the threads about the tech/approach.

Any thoughts about what it could do?

I was thinking if it'd have any usefulness to pikachu's. What do you guys think?

1) Maybe a pivot walk towards opponents> reverse u-tilt (and pika's know what to do after an u-tilt), which can't normally be done using QAC because buffering up would make pika jump.

2) Mixing this up with slightly faster (or at least unpredictable-looking) reverse u-airs or dash-grabs.

3) Situational* Pivot walk> instant reverse d-tilt > sliding foward "anything." Maybe a mindgamed f-smash for the win?

4) I find that the requirement for pivot walking of pressing A or attack can be done during a QAC. I can buffer the A real fast after initiating QAC, QA to somewhere, then start pivoting real quick for short distances without as much giveaway as rstarting it and randomly attacking from afar.

Any thoughts? *just another thread to talk about*

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er

Muhznit

Smash Journeyman
Behold... pikachu's approach game may have just gotten..... cuter.....? O_O

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=207154

I just saw some threads about this and Mister_E has been discussing on the threads about the tech/approach.

Any thoughts about what it could do?

I was thinking if it'd have any usefulness to pikachu's. What do you guys think?

1) Maybe a pivot walk towards opponents> reverse u-tilt (and pika's know what to do after an u-tilt), which can't normally be done using QAC because buffering up would make pika jump.

2) Mixing this up with slightly faster (or at least unpredictable-looking) reverse u-airs or dash-grabs.

3) Situational* Pivot walk> instant reverse d-tilt > sliding foward "anything." Maybe a mindgamed f-smash for the win?

4) I find that the requirement for pivot walking of pressing A or attack can be done during a QAC. I can buffer the A real fast after initiating QAC, QA to somewhere, then start pivoting real quick for short distances without as much giveaway as rstarting it and randomly attacking from afar.

Any thoughts? *just another thread to talk about*

Sincerely,
Legendary Pikachu, LDPK, still a fledgeling smashboards'er
Not too sure about the utility of this AT, but while testing it with Pikachu, I found that it makes crawl dashing A HELL of a lot easier: Hold your attack button, then walk while tapping C-Stick.

It's things like this that make custom controls REALLY worth it. I have my L button set as "attack" just for this now. AWESOME FIND.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Havokk and I sure have our disagreements. Though I wish for no bad blood.

I do not see any real mindgame applications for this tech as it doesn't seem difficult to hit the opponent out of it.
The real problem is that this tech is not too easy to execute, and even when you perfect it, its movement into smashes or tilts is too time consuming to actually catch any high level player off-guard.
More testing will be needed, but at this point I can only be pessimistic.

K 2

Smash Lord
I'm kind of skeptical about this new AT, but I'm open to any new applications for it. As Mr_E said, it requires too much concetration and you could easy screw up (do a fsmash), which leaves you wide open for punishment.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Ah Mister E, I mean no bad blood either.... but really, you do have to think outside the box on its applications and "mindgames".

Calling this useless is basically saying Craq Walk/Pivot boost is useless because they basically do the same exact thing, although for some its harder.

At this point in time, I do a fsmash maybe 1/50~ PW I attempt. Once you learn where to put the C-stick it becomes simple.

It requires very little concentration once you get it down. It's been 'released' for about a day. I'm sure Wavedashing and L-Cancelling took a ton of concentration at first, but slowly just became habit to higher level players. Not saying this is anything like either of those, but the concentration needed to perform is similiar.

Setting a trigger to Attack makes this more comfortable to perform, and everytime you use a move just hold the trigger down during the move. If you decide to PW you can just hit the c-stick. If you decide not to, its as simple as releasing the trigger. I can go into it after every move, including a standing grab which has a very short frame rate.

I have a vid of my (horrible) Marth of me using this 'the wrong way' which is what everyone seems to be trying to do. (aka: whoring it to oblivion)

Top Bottom