• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Make Your Move 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chief Mendez

Smash Master
WHERE IS MY REVIEW, MENDEZ.

>: (
Uh, uh...uhm...

...my dog ate it. :bee:
I'm not actually at a computer right now, and probably won't be until Sunday or Monday. Sort of an out-of-the-blue call of duty, y'know. I ain't typing out a review on a smart phone though, so...it seems as though you might be waiting a bit longer...

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Uh, uh...uhm...

I'm not actually at a computer right now, and probably won't be until Sunday or Monday. Sort of an out-of-the-blue call of duty, y'know. I ain't typing out a review on a smart phone though, so...it seems as though you might be waiting a bit longer...
Call of Duty is no excuse...oh wait...THAT call of duty...

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Uh, uh...uhm...

What a nice birthday present from you. -.-"

half_silver28

Smash Ace
@chris: u've got my attention. but I demand that he has an epic SSE role.
"what is this ominous light that threatens to engulf us?"
on a related note, I'm gonna get Tales of symphonia: dotnw soon :p

I'm actually going to work on spyro tonight, seeing as how I'm home for break & there aren't any morons yelling in the halls like at the dorms last night :bee:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I visited a Tales of *game* Forum. I was a bit surprised to find out that Regal was the least popular character, even when compared to Raine and Colette.

Sure he doesn't have the most effective techniques, but he's awesome.

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I visited a Tales of *game* Forum. I was a bit surprised to find out that Regal was the least popular character, even when compared to Raine and Colette.

Sure he doesn't have the most effective techniques, but he's awesome.
now that's just plain wrong
everyone knows that genis is the least popular character
O_o

... wait you mean the least popular character to play as?? yeah I don't get why he would be less popular than raine or genis when it comes to that :ohwell:

..... & colette is actually a very effective character, once she gets her best moves... wait a sec.... you're not a colette hater like mendez are you??? :eek:

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
I don't hate Colette particularly, but I really don't like her.

Her voice acting makes my ears bleed. Once you get past all of the Colette & Remiel, father/daughter garbage its tolerable.

Still, when compared to Sheena.... you see where I'm going with this right?

I don't see why anyone would play as Raine unless its a 4 human player team. She is of the the few characters that can be very effective as a computer (especially when you get the wonderful move that is Healing Circle).

And no, it was a most popular character (as in personality/etc.)

Kratos was predictably at the top of the list even though Zelos is over 9000 times more awesome than him.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Was it the official namco tales forum?

Anyways I'm having trouble thinking of specials for my character x.x

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I'm going to make Deoxys and Itachi... soonish....
Mendez is making Deoxys.

YA I KNO RITE!?

Some people can complain about the debatable balance of the guy, and the lack of extras, and the boring-in-comparison specials...but GODD*MN MAN. IT'S A GUY ON A FREAKING MOTORCYCLE.
Yeah, that automatically makes him awesome. That's why I main as Wario.

Heh, I'm surprised somebody actually brought that up. Definitely intentional.
I just have that kind of mindset. Everything my friends say, I respond, "That's what she said." The ultimate comeback.

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=5948548&postcount=10

...It's actually a pretty awesome moveset, too. :bee:
That moveset rocks.

I soooo wanna play Mach Rider right now :psycho:

No. Just because it's a joke-ish character doesn't mean it's a joke moveset. A joke moveset is a moveset that isn't serious or detailed. Like the guy from MYM4 who made the Chuck Norris moveset with every attack as an exploding roundhouse kick.
That would be me. Chuck Norris is awesome. I actually thought of making a serious moveset for him too.

On the flip side, someone HAS to do this guy:

Best super hero ever, amirite?
I still hope someone does Tron..

half_silver28

Smash Ace
I don't hate Colette particularly, but I really don't like her.

Her voice acting makes my ears bleed. Once you get past all of the Colette & Remiel, father/daughter garbage its tolerable.

Still, when compared to Sheena.... you see where I'm going with this right?

I don't see why anyone would play as Raine unless its a 4 human player team. She is of the the few characters that can be very effective as a computer (especially when you get the wonderful move that is Healing Circle).

And no, it was a most popular character (as in personality/etc.)

Kratos was predictably at the top of the list even though Zelos is over 9000 times more awesome than him.
/facepalm
seriously, I actually LIKED the voice acting for the most part. if you think that's bad.... you should check out the voice acting for ToS: dotnw ~ It's not bad, but for someone like me, who's played ToS 11 times, it takes some getting used to :ohwell:

yeah, there's little reason to play as raine outside of coliseum battles.

also, kratos >>>> zelos
jk lol

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Yeah lol. I bet you can already guess the Final Smash.
NO. HE IS FORBIDDEN FROM USING THAT TECHNIQUE AND YOU KNOW IT.

@Regallowpopulardemand: It makes alot of sense since he looks ******** kicking with arm shackles on, but he is awesome as a character than fighter, though he can kick some serious but with Rising Dragon.

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Yes it was. Why?

What is your character?
The people there think that Regal is the only one who seems intelligent and not full of cliches, at least the majority who posted in a topic.

Also, I don't want to give away the character yet for certain reasons, not just because I want to keep it a surprise.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
/facepalm
seriously, I actually LIKED the voice acting for the most part. if you think that's bad.... you should check out the voice acting for ToS: dotnw ~ It's not bad, but for someone like me, who's played ToS 11 times, it takes some getting used to :ohwell:

kratos >>>> zelos
jk lol
Everyone but Colette has good voice acting. For the most part, its probably just her embarassingly bad script.

And Zelos >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kratos.

Zelos provides huge amounts of comic relief, has the same moveset as Zelos and has a faster movement speed.

Comparing their personalities, Kratos is a generic bad*** swordsman. He may be cool, but he's no cooler than the 1000000 other bad*** sword characters out there.

Zelos, on the other hand, is a seemingly worthless womanizing eccentric fruitcake who constantly disappoints his teammates. But when you really think about it, he is playing everyone in the entire game at once. He is far smarter than he acts and continually deceives everyone.

Junahu

Smash Ace
..... & colette is actually a very effective character, once she gets her best moves...
She's a decent support character, but nobody wants to play as her, not even the CPU. Just stick her in the back and tell her to spam her angel powers.

I only ever used her to steal Energy Tablets anyway..

Chris Lionheart said:
I was a bit surprised to find out that Regal was the least popular character, even when compared to Raine and Colette.
It's the tight shirt, and the fact that even the game itself makes gay jokes about him. Regal's pretty cool though, everyone likes his deadly LAZORS
If that's going to be his Final Smash, it's not allowed to actually KO anyone ok? That would be contradicting to his character, and I would never forgive you for that

Richter>>>>>>>>>Zelos*Kratos+Lloyd^Chuck Norris

Edit:
Tenebrae>>>>>>>>Light-Frog

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
It's the tight shirt, and the fact that even the game itself makes gay jokes about him. Regal's pretty cool though, everyone likes his deadly LAZORS
If that's going to be his Final Smash, it's not allowed to actually KO anyone ok? That would be contradicting to his character, and I would never forgive you for that
I don't like the tight shirt either, but when has the game made a gay joke about him?

Junahu

Smash Ace
I don't like the tight shirt either, but when has the game made a gay joke about him?
title:
"Testosterone - The pinnacle of masculinity. There has never before been so much man in one place."

///---sneaky construction site *it's a secret to everyone*

GameBoyCOLOUR
TEAM ROCKET

"To protect the world from devastation" "To unite all peoples within our nation"
"To denounce the evils of truth and love" "To extend our reach to the stars above"
"Jessie" "James"
"Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light" "surrender to us now or prepare to fight!"

"Meowth! That's right!"

Hidden for now

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
TALES OF SYMPHONIA?!

WHAT?!

I love ToS! And Colette...I always play as her, simply 'cause Para Ball is too awesome for words. She's like, my favorite character, and it always makes me sad when people ride on her. :(

I liked playing as Raine, cause I always like healing. Which is why I play as Estelle in Tales of Vesperia and I have a Priest in WoW. But Raine's a little boring for my tastes, now. At least Estelle's moves look cool and you can actually attack. >_<

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
I'm going to make Deoxys and Itachi... soonish....
Itachi!!?

He is like my second favourite Naruto character (next to Gaara :p ) I was plznning to make him in Mym 5 (though, i realise that its wwwwwaaaaaayyyy to early to think about that XD).

Itachi had better be awesome.....

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I lol'd so f**king hard. Great chapter. Thank you for including Angry German Kid!

EDIT: 'Night guys and gals, I need my beauty rest. I might work on Angry German Kid (you sparked my inspiration, Hyper Ridley) and Captain Planet tomorrow.

EDIT 2: After re-reading that SSE, I just got the YouTube Poop reference "I hope she made lotsa spaghetti!".

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
If done E-123s tilts and specials at this moment. it taking me quite along time to do this one, as I'm doing 2 movesets in one, so it's going to take a long time, but at least i'm not doing so much detail like on Robotniks moveset on every move, imagine how long that would take.....*shudders*

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here's the statistic preview of Ken.

He will trick his fellow players into seeing him as a non-threat, only to smash them if they get in his way…

Ken ‘Kenny’ Hoang

The King of Smash, the Master of Mindgames, and the deceiving fan-favorite of Survivor: Gabon. After fearing his godly Marth for years, all Melee Smashers will surely piss their pants when…Ken joins Brawl…in person!

STATS

Power: 4/10: Ken's not known for his physical strength. He prefers taking the position of the meager underdog.

Walking Speed: 5/10: Kenny stands upright and walks forward determinedly, as if walking to an Immunity Challenge.

Dashing Speed: 7/10: Pumping his arms lightly, Ken jogs forward fairly rapidly. He is generally a decent runner.

Weight: 4/10: Ken's one of the lighter human characters, although he CAN last longer than some other characters (he does this a lot when playing Smash).

Range: 5/10: Ken has average reach; some of his attacks are ranged, but keeping an opponent close to him allows for a cleaner blindside.

Attack Speed: 8/10: He knows his skills forward and backwards, and can therefore use them with great speed.

Priority: 6/10: Above average, but still not that impressive. Ken has a bit of trouble cutting off other attacks.

Size: 6/10: Ken is about the height of his main, Marth, but is a slightly smaller target, as he stands slightly hunched over.

First Jump: 5/10: An average jump, Kenny pushes upwards with both feet, with a slight grunt.

Second Jump: 4.5/10: Raising his arms, Kenny jumps again, with very slight forward momentum, losing a bit of the height from his first jump, but still helping him move and recover.

Fall Speed: 7.5/10: An above average fall speed, about as fast as Marth.

Recovery: 7.5/10: With average jumps, as well as an effective Up Special, Kenny can recover with ease.

Crouch: 8.5/10: Similarly to Snake, Kenny gets down on his stomach, ready to move. He can dodge even more attacks than Snake, though, as Ken has a slighter build.

Traction: 4/10: Although he has a firm footing, Sakurai just loves to mess with Melee players, so Kenny will trip occasionally, as seen here, at 6:00.

Combo: 9/10: They don’t call Kenny the Master Mindgamer for nothing, he has great methods of keeping foes at bay with fast, weak attacks, then smashing them off when he gets a chance.

Wall Jump: No

Wall Cling: No

Crawl: Yes, Ken crawls at high speeds, pulling himself forward with both hands.

Glide: No

Tether: Yes, although it is not a strict tether recovery, Ken’s Up Special can attach him to edges, from where he can recover fairly easily.

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Raphael is almost done. I just want to add a few tweeks and extras before I post him. Expect him by tonight!

Also I've decided on the next character I will portray, and he is a dozy of retro awesomeness. If you Recognize him, kudoz to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom