• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Hey everyone,

This is my next event. KOTC went throught a lot to get me this venue. It is 5,000 SQ that is basically half the size of APEX! Come and show support no johns we are providing you guys with transportation.

Date : January 29th, 2011
Time : 9am-1030am Registration | Tournament Starts at 11am SHARP
Prices : $10 Venue ( 100% worth it venue is amazing ) | $10 Singles | $20 Doubles ( Per Team)
Address : 3 Speedwell Avenue, Morristown NJ 07932
Contact info : My Cell: 973-513-3794

WE WILL BE ALSO HOSTING SSF4 HERE IS THE INFO ON IT

Hey guys D1 here partnering with KOTC to bring you guys a SSF4 tournament worth attending. The Runback's venue is conveniently located in north-central New Jersey, the Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center is only 22 minutes from Newark Liberty International Airport, and 45 minutes from New York City. This hotel in NJ is also located near Morristown Hospital and is easily accessible from all parts of the tri-state area. Hamilton Park Hotel & Conference Center is conveniently located minutes from Routes 287, 78, and 80. We'll be running SSF4 on Xbox 360, and we'll have enough setups to satisfy everyone in attendance.

Facebook event page: Click Here

Address: 3 Speedwell Avenue, Morristown NJ

Super Street Fighter IV
$10 Venue Fee

Super Street Fighter 4(360) – Singles ($10.00)
Super Street Fighter 4(360) – Teams 3v3($5.00)

SSF4 Teams start time 12pm (Time subject to change)
SSF4 Singles start time 3pm (Time subject to change)

Payouts

Doubles

With 10-20 teams

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

With 20-30 teams

1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 30+ Teams

1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%
Singles

1st - 50%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%

With 60-80 people

1st - 45%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 15%
4th - 10%
5th - 5%

With 80+ people

1st - 44%
2nd - 24%
3rd - 12%
4th - 8%
5th - 4%
7th - 2%

General Information

Directions :

From Public Transit from NYC:

Take Penn Station Amtrak to Convent Station. We will pick you up once you call.

[/QUOTE] If you need super help please just call and we will help you get there ( or if possible provide a ride)

Anyways here are the rules :

Rules

GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
EVERYONE MUST READ THESE!

• NO outside food is allowed in the tournament area.
  • NO REFUNDS! Once you pay, that's it!
  • B.Y.O.C. = BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! The store will not provide a controller for you nor will we.
  • We (the venue, and T.O.'s in charge) are NOT responsible for anything stolen or any items left behind. If you bring a Wii for us to use, you better keep an eye on it. When you bring your controller, keep it at your side at all costs. We can not be your eyes and ears, you must be responsible for your own stuff.
BRAWL RULESET
  • 3 stock
  • 8 minute time limit
  • Best 2 of 3. finals matches (losers/winners/grand) being best 3 of 5
  • Double Elimination
  • 35 Ledge grab rule ( if you time out each other in a match and you go over 35 ledge grabs you lose that match. ) | 70 LGL for teams
  • Items are OFF including smash ball
Doubles:

• Team attack ON
• Life stealing is allowed

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
  1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
  2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
  3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpick of the set
  4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
  5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
  6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
  7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
  8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Neutral Stages: Each player can alternately strike a stage until one stage is left. That stage is then played.

Neutral:

* Final Destination
* Battlefield
* Yoshi's Story
* Smashville
* Pokemon Stadium 1

Stages for Counterpick:

* Delfino Plaza
* Frigate Orpheon
* Battleship Halberd
* Castle Siege
* Rainbow Cruise
* Brinstar
* Pokemon Stadium 2
* Lylat Cruise
* Pictochat

Banned Stages:

*Everything Else

Mages Dq Rules :
2 Minutes Late: Warning/Loss of first stock
4 Minutes Late: Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late: Loss of set

Stage Banning: Each player / team may select up to 1 stage that will be banned from the tournament set.

Counterpick Rule: The loser of the match first chooses the stage that the next match of the set will be played on. The opponent, then, makes the choice of changing character or not. than the loser of the match selects his/her character.

THERE IS NO CP RANDOM RULE YOU MUST CHOOSE A STAGE.

Pause Rule : If you pause during a match you lose a stock. The only exception is to call a TO over for a ruling or an issue. It is at the TOs discretion to decide if the issue is worth pausing over.

• Excessive "Stalling"tactics are banned.
  • Controller Mods are banned
  • All Infinites are banned excluding Ice climbers Chain Grabsare banned. Wall infinites are NOT banned.
  • Infinite/extended dimensional cape is banned.
  • All Excessive "Stall" tactics are banned.
  • Controller Mods are banned
  • If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it ( if you guys cannot do this I will flip a coin)
  • Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
  • If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
  • If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.
  • No pausing in-game. Pausing in-game will result in the loss of a stock. The second warning will be loss of a match. The ONLY exception is, if a host(s) asks you to pause.
  • In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.
  • Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches
  • Violation of any rule is punishable by non-refunded disqualification.
In the event of a TIE at the end of the time limit, the player with the most stocks wins. If both players have one stock then it is decided by percentage. If both players have ONE STOCK and SAME PERCENTAGE the players will quit the SUDDEN DEATH, set the stock to one, and start a match with stage being the same as where they had the tie. This will determine the winner.

Each Round is best of three matches; Grand/Losers/Winners Finals are best of five matches*

Singles seeding will be based on Power Rankings with some courtesy to crews – you will be spaced evenly as to prevent playing each other in the first round. One of the two criteria must be fulfilled in ordered to be favored. You MUST have 3 or more people in a group hailing from the same region, or you must be part of a crew. Teams seeding will be done the same way.

Setups:

Ok this is where I need your help. I need setups ASAP. My goal is at least 7-10 setups so please bring setups and I may just get like a pie for all of us ( not domino's pizza pie but a real pie ).

NOTE: IF YOU BRING A FULL SETUP You will receive FREE ENTRY! - LIMIT WOULD BE FIRST 3 PEOPLE the rest would receive $3 off venue.

OUR GOAL:

Simple, to get something going for NYC/NJ where both can travel and come to a middle ground. This venue is EASY to get to for NYC and not a bad drive for those in NJ...Support this so we can have more here.

So I guess you guys gotta get ready to play.

Hope to see everyone there!

ADDITIONAL HELP FOR THOSE NEEDING A RIDE

Izumi will be providing rides from the bus stop to the venue. It is a straight walk if you follow the directions but the option will be there. All I/he ask is that you provide him with $5 each way. After that we will have a shuttle bus that can handle 14 people going back and forth for an additional 2 hours. THERE IS NO EXCUSE THIS VENUE IS EASY TO GET TO !

WARNING : He is entering and do not expect him to stop what he needs to do for you. Please come early. He will be arriving at the venue at 9-10ish and it will be for about an hour or so. Izumi is doing a huge favor for me and I expect EVERYONE TO BE RESPECTFUL TO HIM. For that instance you will contact me via my phone at 646-842-0950 if I do not answer text me with your gamertag and how many are with you.

BUM163

Smash Lord
brawl and melee should be there. ya will bring the masses and cater to both of the communities. i will be here and jersey city is not far.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Only problem with having Melee at this venue is that the TV's are large, at least the one's that they provide. If we can find a way around this and only rely on people bringing smaller TV's for Melee then it can work. For now it's going to be Brawl. I would want Melee here but for now Alu has Melee covered!

I gotta finish talking to them about some stuff but the venue is very eager to start up monthlies :D The date MAY change but for now the 31st seems good.

Alsooo this isn't strictly being run by me but by both of us. So yeah, team effortttt lol. I'm changing up that first post hah.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
heh, count me in then. I hope crismas is selling stickes on the side. I want a Luigi one for muh other troller . So that means no NYC monthlies? Also is their parking?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
Sintros, I always will be selling stickers haha. I think Alex is going to be concentrating on larger events next year in NYC not so much monthlies so I'm hoping that these along will be a substitute for the NYC crowd along with Bum's weekly's.

There are no specific parking lot's, however there are def places to park in the area.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
WOW

Where did this name come from? .....

Anyway Jersey City?

I live way too close. You guys can expect me there :bee:

... Wait is it melee or brawl or both?

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
lol, Haley.

Yeah, this is just Brawl for now until I can figure something out. However you can expect a melee set up there regardless XD there's a venue really close to my house so I spoke to them!

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lol, Haley.

Yeah, this is just Brawl for now until I can figure something out. However you can expect a melee set up there regardless XD there's a venue really close to my house so I spoke to them!
Do they suck enough where I can win free money? =D jk jk

Anyway keep me updated I'm interested in hanging out and playing whatever.

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL well I'm hoping that the NYC ppl will come as well as locals. Maybe if they were just locals, I'd say yes haha!

I'll keep you updated, no worries :D

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
LOL Viridian City is an ever growing amazing thing. Read the lyrics sometime, they are PROFOUND jfkdlajfkladj XD

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
Cristin is getting info on the venue in terms of pricing ( probably 5 venue 5 singles 5 doubles ) but just double checking.

Sintros

Smash Journeyman
please crismas, i'll do anything. I just want the custom made Ike please, it hurtz so good

The Pope

Smash Apprentice
Like I said in the tournament listing boards, I'm willing and able to help out if you guys want. SN on Aim is AznKreatzionz. I live in Jersey City so this won't be any problem for me. I can easily provide a couple of setups and maybe some TV's.

KO M

Smash Apprentice
huh details? is ur a pope? not very helpful

Thirtyfour

Smash Journeyman
NJC MONTHLIES WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

wooooooooooooooo

Jersey City wooooooooo

Slow...............................poke

crismas

Smash Master
NNID
crismaspresents
KO M - he was asking Pope to IM him.

Sintros - here is the info:

The E Spot
445 Central Ave.
Jersey City, NJ 07307

Pope - Set ups will be very necessary and helpful if you do :) There are only 4 tv's the store provides.

TheLake

Smash Master
God girls with star fish *has strange thoughts*

The name alone is reason enough to go

Top Bottom