• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake Video Guide - The Elements of War Part 7 Hosted (2 Parts left!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Video 1 - The Basics
Video 1 Download

Video 2 Havokk's Video Guide on Snake The Elements of War Part 2 Advanced Techniques for the Snake Boards at Smashboards.

AKA: HVGOSTEOWP2ATFRSBAS

Video 3 - Grenade Strategies

Video 4 - Stage Control

Video 5 - Edgeguarding

Video 7 - Tech Chasing
Download Video 7 Here

This isn't part of the video guide, but it's a video showing something useful for Snake.

Link to the DI thread: Click Me!

Here's the order:

First Video - Basics (Move-Set, hitboxes, damage (if entire move connects....not doing each individual nair hit lol)
Moving around and Recovering (Why you should Walk and not Run, may throw a quick clip of DAC in here)

Second Video - AT's (DAC, Grenade Strip, C4 Cypher Recovery, Grenade Drop, B-Reversal, Wavebounce, Jab Cancel, Item-Holding-Smash (how to), DAC with grenade, teching)

Third Video - Grenade Strategies (Placement, when to strip/drop, how to use them 'effectively')

Fourth Video - Stage Control (Using explosives, smarter c4/mine placements, grenading onto platforms, etc.)

Fifth Video - Edge Guarding (Usmash edgeguard, using mines/c4 to edgeguard, nikita, full-hopped nairs, bair stagespikes, box taunt)

Sixth Video - Pressuring (how to break shields ;) and believe it or not Ftilt>ftilt>ftilt>ftilt>ftilt>ftilt>ftilt works sometimes...)
Cancelled. Impossible to show with only myself, Snake's shield pressuring game sucks because if you get powershielded, you get grabbed or punished, everythings far to situational, blah blah blah. There is no 6th video.

Seventh Video - Tech Chasing (More of a throw and followups thing...and the dthrow tech-chasing)

Eighth Video - Flashy Stuffs (C4 Sticking during recoveries, throwing grenades onto the stage to catch them, etc.)

Ninth Video - Putting it Together (Basically just taking what we've learned from the bast 8 and applying everything into an actual Brawl)

I plan for all 9 of these videos to be separated, and pretty detailed (except maybe "Flashy Stuffs")

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
The lucario boards have something like this called the inner fire videos (created by milln) and they're actually very informative.

SuSa

Yah, Inner Fire is what got me to main Lucario a forever ago. lol...

Link boards has one (old and outdated, but its there)
Pikachu boards have one (for their tips&tricks I believe + they have one for playing)
IC's are getting one for their desynchs
Lucario has the inner fire vids
Falco has a Beginners + Intermediate videos (sort of poorly done and not to the point, but decent nontheless)
etc.
etc.
etc.

I could do it, but like I said xD won't be the best quality (but at least you'll have my voice telling you + directions you can read...)

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
Yah, Inner Fire is what got me to main Lucario a forever ago. lol...

I could do it, but like I said xD won't be the best quality (but at least you'll have my voice telling you + directions you can read...)
If you remember, the inner fire videos were camera quality as well at first and still had many views and were very praised for their information.

In other words, go for it, it would be a great idea for new snake mains.

SuSa

If you remember, the inner fire videos were camera quality as well at first and still had many views and were very praised for their information.

In other words, go for it, it would be a great idea for new snake mains.
Nah, I didn't remember :laugh: it's been forever but yah, I guess you're right. :)

If anyone doesn't want to do this in High Quality, I'll be very happy to help us out further and do this. :lick:

Just give us another 2-3 hours to add anything to my list (if anything)

So does anyone want to add anything?

Note:

This is going to be WAY To long for a single vid... I'm going to take a guess and say at least 3-4 vids will come from all the information I'll need to cover.

So does anyone have a clever name for these vids. :3

SuSa

"Snake...Snaaake...SNAAAAAAKEEE!!!!"
"Solid Snake: I'm a little nervous. Everybody else I've saved suddenly dies. "

JK.... >.>

Real ideas: (lol wiki quotes)
"I'm just a man who's good at what he does: Killing."
"Some people just need killing."

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
The Elements of War

YES!!!!!
YES!!!!!

lol...

I can try to help.

If you want to have a complimation (I think I butchered that one) at the end, I'm not good enough to be in but...

I can go dig up old, high quality awesome Snake clips.

Inner Fire was great, I also play Lucario a bit because of it.

Do you have a Capture Card?

With that you can easily record it in high quality, and have an audio recorder running at the same time, so you can speak. Then you can combine them into an ultra-high quality video guide.

****, I never knew I had any idea how to do this!

Millin's vids are great.

SuSa

I have a Camera that can take video.....thats it....

Convincing my parents to buy me an audio recorder since my Camera's sound sucks (I'll find a way to get good audio I hope... lol)

Other then that, it will be Low Quality (good enough to where you can see whats going on, read it, and -maybe- hear me (I'll try to speak up, parent's will think I'm weird when I'm saying "And this is what a Dash Attack Cancel looks like" "Cooking Grenades is a must know for every Snake" and etc. but whatever)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
it might be a better idea to get a large group in on this and have each one take it in sections and just send the replay data to one person who could combine them, it'll save one person a ton of work and possibly be faster

SuSa

1. We'd have to rely on that one person to combine them
2. We'd have multiple qualities going on, which may get ugly if Grenade Stripping is LQ yet DAC is HQ
3. We'd have to trust that everyone in the group does their part
4. We'd have to get a large group (face it, not many people are active here....)
5. I don't mind doing a ton of work, do you have any idea how many guides and threads I have going around? I'm a no life xD

I'm not saying I don't really trust the people here.... but it seems like it would take much, much longer.

Also we'd have to do it in 3 minute replays and send them to someone, 2 replays at a time ( for him in general I believe )

So I imagine in a 20-30 minute video, assuming each replay is exactly 3 minutes and covers its subject completely, and sending only 2 replays a day, that would take 6-10 days just to get the replays to that one person.

If someone doesn't do their part, how would we decide who does it? If they do it, what happens if that person came back with their part? Now we just wasted time.

We want a complete guide, that isn't rushed but also won't take all year to complete.

:/

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
2. We'd have multiple qualities going on, which may get ugly if Grenade Stripping is LQ yet DAC is HQ
4. We'd have to get a large group (face it, not many people are active here....)
5. I don't mind doing a ton of work, do you have any idea how many guides and threads I have going around? I'm a no life xD

I'm not saying I don't really trust the people here.... but it seems like it would take much, much longer.

Also we'd have to do it in 3 minute replays and send them to someone, 2 replays at a time ( for him in general I believe )

So I imagine in a 20-30 minute video, 2 replays a day, that would take 6-10 days just to get the replays to that one person.

:/
eh, w/e. I was just offering another option to potentially cut down on the amount of work one person would have to do

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Meh, just wondering.

Milln's vids are... 200 mins long and have bad quality image but o.k. sound, but still manage to whip major arsh.

Sound means more then image.

Currently, Black Heretic, You and I? are the most active on these boards.
Major :(s.

Yeah... A vid like that may be able to draw in some new Snakes (like Milln did with lucario).

That would be majorly helpful.

:estatic:

SuSa

Starting to plan this out now.

I'm wondering what order I should cover things in.

Here's my order I feel would be good (correct me if you feel otherwise)

First - Basics (Move-Set, hitboxes, damage (if entire move connects....not doing each individual nair hit lol)
Second (or part of First?) - Moving around (Why you should Walk and not Run, may throw a quick clip of DAC in here, pivot boost/walk (it has some uses....)
Third - AT's (DAC, Grenade Strip, C4 Cypher Recovery, Grenade Drop... is that it?)
Fourth - Grenade Strategies (Placement, when to strip/drop, how to use them 'effectively')
Fifth - Edge Guarding
Sixth - Stage Control (Using explosives, smarter c4/mine placements, grenading onto platforms, etc.)
Seventh - Pressuring
Eight - Tech Chasing (More of a throw and followups thing...)
Nine - Flashy Stuffs

Tell me if I should remove one, change the order of it with something else, what I could add to it, etc.

I plan for all 9 of these videos to be seperated, and pretty detailed (except maybe "Flashy Stuffs")

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Starting to plan this out now.

I'm wondering what order I should cover things in.

Here's my order I feel would be good (correct me if you feel otherwise)

First - Basics (Move-Set, hitboxes, damage (if entire move connects....not doing each individual nair hit lol)
Second (or part of First?) - Moving around (Why you should Walk and not Run, may throw a quick clip of DAC in here, pivot boost/walk (it has some uses....)
Third - AT's (DAC, Grenade Strip, C4 Cypher Recovery, Grenade Drop... is that it?)
Fourth - Grenade Strategies (Placement, when to strip/drop, how to use them 'effectively')
Fifth - Edge Guarding
Sixth - Stage Control (Using explosives, smarter c4/mine placements, grenading onto platforms, etc.)
Seventh - Pressuring
Eight - Tech Chasing (More of a throw and followups thing...)
Nine - Flashy Stuffs

Tell me if I should remove one, change the order of it with something else, what I could add to it, etc.

I plan for all 9 of these videos to be seperated, and pretty detailed (except maybe "Flashy Stuffs")
Jab Cancel and wavebounce need to go into ATs

and switch stage control with edge guarding, his on stage game is more important so more deserving of the higher spot

just IMO though

Shadow_of_Link

Smash Apprentice
1. We could always send them to you, since you're the head of this project.
2. Not if we send them to the same person (or do you mean the quality of how they're performed >_>)
3. True.
4. I could help, but I'm only one person.
5. Shame on you :laugh:

Edit: This topic is moving too fast >_>

SuSa

1. We could always send them to you, since you're the head of this project.
2. Not if we send them to the same person (or do you mean the quality of how they're performed >_>)
3. True.
4. I could help, but I'm only one person.
5. Shame on you :laugh:
1. My router crashes if I send/get sent stuff on my Wii.
2. I mean the quality performed.... someone may do a poor job on DAC and people will sit their looking like this: :) :ohwell: :confused: :urg:
3. :p
4. Large Group =/= 5 people (or less)
5. It's the truth, at least I'm honest. :laugh:

Edit:

Left out C4 Recovery + Teching under the stage to avoid stage-spiking/killing yourself.

Also: I can finally stage-tech xD its really easy.... rofl (w00t for surviving to 250%?

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
If you don't have a life, then how are you posting???

Oh no... the robots...

SuSa

OP updated.

Yes, I'm a giant super computer programmed to play and talk about Smash and to delete Meta Knight.

Now then, do we agree on my layout? If so I'd like to get started today, and finish it yesterday. Because Chuck Norris Snake does not need to follow the rules of time.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
If you don't have a life, then how are you posting???

Oh no... the robots...
robots? don't you mean... METAL GEAR?!

Edit: Looks pretty good to me, maybe combine 1 and 2 (like you were already thinking). I can't think of anything else to put in atm. I'll come check this back out last week

SuSa

First and Second have been combined. (Since to Snake, DAC IS the basics :lol:)

Well now, I guess I'll start working this 5 minutes ago.

I'll post a preview of it when it's "finished" for the Snake boards, then you can tell me what part to re-do, what to re-edit, etc.

w00t! Finally found the stage-spike spot on FD (lol I'm a noob) and I can tech it :) this will make a great show of "why you must lurn2tech" just in case you stage-spike yourself xD

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
First and Second have been combined. (Since to Snake, DAC IS the basics :lol:)

Well now, I guess I'll start working this 5 minutes ago.

I'll post a preview of it when it's "finished" for the Snake boards, then you can tell me what part to re-do, what to re-edit, etc.
only 5 minutes ago? what a procrastinator.

such fast posting from all of us today

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
only 5 minutes ago? what a procrastinator.

such fast posting from all of us today
Pssht... Do it in stopped time, take it to the past, and right as brawl releases, relase the vid.

Then we can sit back, watch, and eat pie.

But honey, don't forget to insert the subliminal messages.

iiw rouy hsama.

llik elpoep

SuSa

Argh. I hate not having friends to do them as I tell them.... >.>

going to make nair harder to show (lol utilt>utilt>start>start>full-hopped nair)

It's for the % ....

Also I was going to make a joke and NOT do fair >.> but **** it being a spike (basically its only use) xD so I guess I'll have to show that as well... lol

Now... off to go do all the moves (Jab > Ftilt > Utilt > dtilt > Fsmash > Usmash > Dsmash > B > forward-B > Up-B > Down-B > Nair > Fair > Uair > dair) < in that order

see you all soon :) (**** showing the damage, I'll just say how much a FRESH (keyword: FRESH) move does.... show its RANGE and then move on with the guide)

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
you could just point them to the guide and section

Or save yourself some work and ask somebody else to do it

otherwise, it'd probably be a good idea

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
I've already seen super snake and the odd anime thing...

SuSa

Same, but still.

Elements of War: The Basics ~ Currently Under Video Editing

(lulz @ 15 minutes long and 10 minute youtube limit.... is there a better spot to upload that DOESN'T have a time limit? Hate to have to butcher how little flow it already has due to having to cut out parts....)

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
Seperate it into parts.

There's a ten min time limit on youtube???
:veryconfu
i've watched a 35 min vid there.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
How is it possible you've already finished and edited a fifteen min vid?

sorry for the double post.

SuSa

I'm still editing, hence it being "currently being edited"

>.> since I have audio, the only 'editing' there really is to do is to edit out the beginning and endings where I was setting up the camera/not doing anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom