• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Marth Guide: The Thread That Links You to Important Threads Thread - READ ME 1ST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
I'm restarting this thread to keep it more updated. I'll add everything that I think is necessary. If you want to learn about Marth and what he can do, read the following threads:

Understanding Your Options: A Marth Guide to Playing Smart (Steel2nd) - A guide to help you understand what Marth can and can't do in certain situations. A very recommended read for a new Marth.

---

Emblem Dedication: A Competitive Marth Guide (Ulevo) - A great guide going over just about everything that has to do with Marth. A very recommended read for a new Marth.

---

Marth Match-Up Thread (Steel2nd) - If you are having trouble with a particular match up or just want to look at the pretty ratios, check out this thread.

---

Marth's Traps and Brickwalls (Emblem Lord) - A guide explaining the pinnacle of Marth's metagame and how to put it into use.

---

The Marth Video Critique Thread (Steel2nd) - Have a video that you would like looked at so that you can improve your Marth gameplay? Post it in this thread to have an in-depth critique.

---

Marth Frame Data (Steel2nd) - Want a look at just how fast Marth's moves come out? Want to see his frame advantages and disadvantages on block? This thread is for you.

---

Marth's Mixups As of This Era (Pierce7d) - A guide on a few of Marth's mixups, a few months old but still very useful.

---

Marth on the Ledge: Traps Against You and Your Opponent (Steel2nd) - A guide showing Marth's options on the ledge. Marth is one of the best characters when executing ledge traps but also has among the poorest options to deal with them.

---

Dancing Blade is the Best Move in the Game (Emblem Lord) - An in-depth look at one of Marth's most feared moves.

---

The Untapped Potential of Shieldbreaker (Emblem Lord) - An in-depth look at Marth's neutral B. Emblem Lord explains why this is a great part of Marth's metagame.

---

Aggressive vs Defensive (Steel2nd) - An essay explaining the two distinct styles of Marth's gameplay and showing the strengths and weaknesses of each.

---

Marth Stage Thread (SOLID) - A discussion thread containing most of the tourney-used stages. It explains how Marth does on each and what he can or can't take advantage of.

Let me know of other threads that I may have missed that should be added. I may or may not add it depending on its usefulness or whether it has been covered in another thread.

∫unk

Smash Master
So this is the replacement for junk's thread I'm assuming.
Yeah I'm not sure why... mod really doesn't have a good reason. Apparently it was to reduce stickies but that was the point of my thread >< and it has the same links as the one I had :/

But I don't really care lol Steel has more time than me.

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
Yeah I'm not sure why... mod really doesn't have a good reason. Apparently it was to reduce stickies but that was the point of my thread >< and it has the same links as the one I had :/

But I don't really care lol Steel has more time than me.
dam man you gotta step it up for serious at this rate youll never beat steel in a fox ditto for real man

VietGeek

Smash Hero
But it doesn't matter as west coast gets moar chixz anywayz. And we all know how Steel feels about this.

Or not.

:shyguy:

feardragon64

Smash Champion
I think you should organized these by what's already stickied and what isn't.

Also, as long as we're doing this and keeping this **** updated, mind if I ask if we're missing a few useful threads? I feel like that's not all of the stuff we've worked on.

Edit: crap when did I hit 1k posts? *fail for not noticing*

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
If you want I'll send a PM to that nice mod whose name escapes me right now. I'll ask him to take down your options thread and put the FAQ thread up. That it?

EDIT: PM sent

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Sorry-- for some reason I was under the impression that the original thread wasn't updated much.

How about instead of asking me for stickies, you guys ask Junk to add links? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom