• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SH Knee>wait>FF: faster than AC

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
it may jsut be late and my eyes might be deceiving me, but I think that if you wait till the knee has ended (or almost ended, just after the part when you would endure lag if you would land) and then you FF, it seems faster than just waiting for it to end (ACing)

this may seem logical, but I've never heard about anyone FF the knee without lag in brawl.

Maybe these few frames (if any, I'm not sure yet) can make a difference?

Edit: as it stands now, it is faster
I did alot of testing and I'm certain this way is faster (feel free to try and prove me wrong though, but I think no one can)

new way of ACing the knee ftw!

Blaze924

Smash Apprentice
epic find

is there anyone that can actually test the frames?
every frame counts

Zeallyx

epic find

is there anyone that can actually test the frames?
every frame counts
yes, that's what I was thinking: every frame counts

as I examined it even more, it really looks like SH KNEE>wait>FF is faster
I'm almost certain

like blaze said, can someone actually test the frames?

Lareit

Smash Ace
Your post doesn't make sense to me.
AC SH FAIR
Autocanceled Short Hopped Foward Air(the knee)
If done has no lag upon landing as opposed to short hop knee's (which will have some landing lag)

He's saying that if you Fast Fall at the near end of the knee you can land earlier and still have no lag. Something most autocancel's don't allow.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Just means that you can auto cancel sooner than previously thought, so this basically means SH fair>wait>FF = AC

Zeallyx

I see I see. Not sure how useful that would be though. It's still not going to sweespot.
yes, you are right, but on taller characters maybe this allows two sweet knee's at very low percents.

This is just wishfull thinking offcourse, but maybe these few frames can make a difference
(like make new combo's possible)

I really hope so

Zeallyx

I practiced this a little, and the timing is not so hard when you flub the knee :)
(you have to fast fall right after the knee ends in the air, and you land like you have used your second jump, wtihout lag offcourse, wich is faster I guess than waiting till he just AC)

the timing is harder after a SH sweet knee, due to the 'time stop'. you have to FF right after the moment of justice (after the move ends in the air) to endure no lag:)

this may actually be very helpfull imo, as it makes you able to move faster after the knee :D

brawl falcon is one step closer to his melee self :D

yes double post, sorry

F5Hazardousdoc

Smash Ace
Its true, every frame counts. It could help with spot dodging a shield grab or throwing out a quick jab to interrupt a counter attack.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Application matters though.

If you're thinking of doing rising sweetspot > followup, I guess it'd be fine.

But if you're going for the trip effect, what matters the most is having the least amount of dead time possible from the hit until you can move again.
Oh wait, some other scrub will say it again later.

:093:

B%B

Smash Cadet
Application matters though.

If you're thinking of doing rising sweetspot > followup, I guess it'd be fine.

But if you're going for the trip effect, what matters the most is having the least amount of dead time possible from the hit until you can move again.

Oh wait, some other scrub said it already.

:093:

Zeallyx

uhh.... ^^^

What... da... HECK?

10wtfs
maybe he edited his post real quick?

anyway, this way one seems to be able to knee and be able to take another action faster :D
I tested it, and my shield seemed to come out faster than with a normal AC :D

Zeallyx

I tested it

and I'm like certain this is faster

this is the new way of ACing the knee:D

Top Bottom