• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last little tidbit about aether.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Note: (If this isn't new to you, you're free to guess how little I give a ****.)

Anyway I mentioned this to a few people but a handy part of throwing aether backwards when recovering is that you can pull someone straight off of the stage if they're too close and spike them regardless of what side of them you end up on or if you grab the ledge or not. (Note that if you attempt to aether spike someone from the stage and land on the stage there is a chance the last hit will snag them and send them up, negating the spike, so this is slightly different seeing as how the spike happens even if your feet hit the stage). I named it Aether dragging in the video but honestly I don't really give a crap what it's called, just seemed the most logical name to give it since that's literally what it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8efkoeM_ug&fmt=18

There's your vid, have fun with this against people a little too happy to edgeguard you.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Okay, so the opponents are almost at the very edge of the stage, and they get dragged down...

Any chance this wasn't just bad DI on the part of the opponent?

Eh whatever, I'm more interested in the On-stage Aether-spike, but unfortunately I won't be able to see any responses soon enough because it's bedtime.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Royta

Smash Journeyman
it sure is cOLD around here...

Jokes aside, I didn't know this, especially the on stage Aether Spike!
It opens up some possibilties, guess we'll all have to reverse Aether all the time now;p And I'm not complaining, Aether is getting more usefull by the day^^

Nice find!!

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
It's pretty useful to knock them off stage, but on some characters, it's a bit hard to time the spike right. Sometimes they just fall off for me =/. I started doing this a little while ago, and it's nice to keep people away from the ledge after it works once.

Berserker_Cross

Smash Apprentice
This looks pretty cool, but it's only going to be a matter of time before the opponent decides to simply walk out of range of the ledge or think of a better way to avoid it. But it's still something worth putting into a game.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Basically arturo, I have one of 2 options. Give up on tournaments completely, or just stop playing. Either way I won't be in that category so really it's just easier to not play a game that drives me ****ing mad so quickly.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
I'm just not going to play at all for a while, actually. I'll be putting up one more match against pierce and one funny one against ness soon then I'm laying low until I can fix some stuff. The game's just not fun.

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
sssh be quiet burrito, the public doesn't have to know.
It's not like we can talk about it in the Ike DC because he quit.

Ryko theres nothing wrong with taking a break but maybe you should stay in the council I'm sure kirk doesn't mind reinviting you because we're short as it is already and you know stuff about Ike that others don't.

Don't know if you just won't be visiting the boards anymore but silven hardly posts here and hes still in so maybe you could do something like that.

Top Bottom