• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Diddy Kong: Tips and Tricks. A diddy kong video guide.

Count

Smash Champion
So I made a video guide for people trying to pick up diddy as a secondary or for people who are wanting to take their game past the beginner stages of diddy.

I am not trying to take anybody elses work, merely trying to put a lot of the work that diddy mains have done into all one place. There is of course a lot of stuff I did not cover, but I tried to cover a lot of Diddy's techniques.

I am obviously not the best person or most skilled for this job, it is just something I wanted to do to help prospective diddy players wanting to turn the corner. I am sorry if I did not credit somebody for the technique, I already realize that I did not give nannerz co credit with NL to dribbling.

I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03U5jouoVpc part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLszFwIduV8 part two

total ends up a little under 15 minutes. I make myself look stupid in trying to pull off some of the stuff, for the most part I did a decent job however. Any comments are appreciated.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
I only watched about 2mins of part one but I can tell that it is a very good guide for beginning Diddy players.

Very informative, very good work. I think this should be stickied :)

:monkey:

Count

Smash Champion
I only watched about 2mins of part one but I can tell that it is a very good guide for beginning Diddy players.

Very informative, very good work. I think this should be stickied :)

:monkey:

Thanks! I mentioned you in it, I think it is in part one, when talking about the peanut gun cancel.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I am learning diddy as another main, and this video is fantastic, it covers everything I needed to know.

This helped enormously. I thank you.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Nice vids.

I haven't played my Wii for ages, and haven't got the time to test it, but does rocketbarrel cancel RETURN OWNERSHIP of the banana to you? Or simply just buy you time with the opponent avoiding barrels for you to pick it up again?

And GL practicing that single nana lock.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Change the thread title to indicate that it's a video guide.
I better update my sticky soon and add this too.

Busy busy busy.

Oh, and very nicely done Count : )

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
Very helpful. I'm trying to relearn diddy after retiring with him about 5 months ago. Few techniques I didn't really know about.

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
That was a really good guide. I'm sure it will be very informative to people who recently picked up Diddy.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Good guide. I was going to make one but I wanted it all in one video but couldn't get it to fit but seeing yours it inspired me to just make 2 or even 3 videos to get it out of the way, not trying to steal your thunder =p. Anyway, two things N4N3Z was the first to use dribbling so he was the creator of it but NL brought it to it's full potential and built upon it. Also, AZ didn't discover the double nana lock or the wall infinite, he just researched it and found out the best ways to do them (built on them). Though they all deserve credit.

K 2

Smash Lord
Great guide! I'm one of those noobs that started to pick up diddy after hearing he was a possible MK counter. I noticed you fottrotted a lot. Is that recommended for diddys? I noticed NinjaLink doesn't foxtrot, so I'm curious if its useful for diddy.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Great guide! I'm one of those noobs that started to pick up diddy after hearing he was a possible MK counter. I noticed you fottrotted a lot. Is that recommended for diddys? I noticed NinjaLink doesn't foxtrot, so I'm curious if its useful for diddy.
A back and forth foxtrot is good for mindgames if they are trying to approach you or if they are comimg down from high in the air.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I do foxtrot actually. U can say im the one who named it dribbling and actually used it in my game.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
i quit......

Also. Player-1 i remember u said u made the Chaingrab up. Was it before my pikachu video? Just wondering.
Lol he wants to claim more for himself XDXD.

And read his foxtrot and dribblng post's sentences SEPARATELY.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Totally off topic, but woah, Fluke, you second Diddy?

You going to the Sydney tournament tommorow?

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
Totally off topic, but woah, Fluke, you second Diddy?

You going to the Sydney tournament tommorow?

I don't play competitive anymore! Actually make that NEVER competitive, having never been to any tournament. Unless nintendo connection tour counts...(lol don't remind me about THAT ever again XD)

Closest person(friend) who likes to play brawl seriously (and he doesn't now) lives 6km from me. I don't have my P's yet since I'm meant to be a hardcore year 12 students right now)

Haven't tried Wifi for over five months.

I only bash cpus (alternative lvl 8 and 9 to prevent bad habits of expecting them to perfectly tech everything), like for an hour over two weeks. (I play fps more) Usually the only time I play brawl is to test new things/learn new tricks. Only recently I play BECAUSE of diddy.

On topic: Yeah I figured that rocketbarrel cancel only buys you time to get nanas again (thanks count).

DFEAR

Smash Hero
tho barrel canceling the 2nd time in a row can usually end up with the opponent just not throwing the banana at all then its like...sighs :\.

anyway count man that was awesome. besides the single nanner lock (dnt u worry were all still practicing it and finding an actual opportunity in which it can be used effectively ) it was an awesome guide. :3 u explained the at's with enough detail to comprehend and i think we can actually see more diddy's cause of this man. u did an awesome contribution!

Player-1

Smash Legend
i quit......

Also. Player-1 i remember u said u made the Chaingrab up. Was it before my pikachu video? Just wondering.
In the topic I said I didn't 'invent' it and that some of you had probably done some alternative of this without realizing it can be turned into a 'chaingrab'. Most people basically said yes to the above statement but vyse decided to name the CG after me and everyone gave credit to me just like they give credit to you for dribbling even though you didn't discover it. I even said in the thread NL's pika vid in his sig is the best example in a vid until I can upload my video. Also, it was after your Pika video but when I made it, I meant the thread to imply multiple grabs meaning more than 2 and mainly on fastfalling charactes like Wolf.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
In the topic I said I didn't 'invent' it and that some of you had probably done some alternative of this without realizing it can be turned into a 'chaingrab'. Most people basically said yes to the above statement but vyse decided to name the CG after me and everyone gave credit to me just like they give credit to you for dribbling even though you didn't discover it. I even said in the thread NL's pika vid in his sig is the best example in a vid until I can upload my video. Also, it was after your Pika video but when I made it, I meant the thread to imply multiple grabs meaning more than 2 and mainly on fastfalling charactes like Wolf.
Well i did discover single dribbling though......double dribbling i kno nanerz did as a taunt in the past. Anyway it doesnt matter anymore

Count

Smash Champion
wow dude, that was an awesome video. I actually decided to pick up diddy last week and this really helped out a lot. Much better than having to read 80 billion paragraphs of information.

cant wait to get home and try this out...
This is the main reason I made this, to put a lot of the insane amount of Diddy info in one place.

Thanks for all of the positive comments, I put a decent amount of work into this so it is good that it is coming across positively!

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Well I just wanted to make sure NN3RZ got the fair credit he deserved becausae I'm such a nice person =p
Also the fact ppl subliminally tryin to say i stole alot from other players.......especially with that stupid video that he made.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Also the fact ppl subliminally tryin to say i stole alot from other players.......especially with that stupid video that he made.
I don't get out of the diddy boards too often so I don't know what people say about you. I did see the Fox boards and your Fox. You used Nair just as much as the normal Fox uses dair and they bashed you for it even though it was a completely new playstyle and use =p. Anyway, I loved that video and I don't see how you see that video as a negative, but I'm not going to bring that discussion here.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
NL your m2k gimp is gone!
Yea i kno. I'm gonna change my sig to different characters now. I have amazing character moments with like everyone. To my Lucas triple dsmash to zelda reverse nayrus love> spike to charizards flamethrower>up-b to Falcons nair>uair>knee which was btw inescapable and was a true combo. Anyway yea. I'll try to keep this one.

I don't get out of the diddy boards too often so I don't know what people say about you. I did see the Fox boards and your Fox. You used Nair just as much as the normal Fox uses dair and they bashed you for it even though it was a completely new playstyle and use =p. Anyway, I loved that video and I don't see how you see that video as a negative, but I'm not going to bring that discussion here.
Popularity comes with a price. Ppl hate popular. Ppl hate the ppl who likes the popular person. And i hear it from both ends. Very fun............

Count

Smash Champion
This is true. I don't know M2K but he seems like a perfectly okay guy and every tournament he goes to the whole crowd is cheering against him. For me that is like playing every single basketball game on the road against your rival, always a difficult environment. Some people live for those kind of environments and I guess he is one of them. I'm guessing you get that sort of treatment at smaller tournies where you usually dominate.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
This is true. I don't know M2K but he seems like a perfectly okay guy and every tournament he goes to the whole crowd is cheering against him. For me that is like playing every single basketball game on the road against your rival, always a difficult environment. Some people live for those kind of environments and I guess he is one of them. I'm guessing you get that sort of treatment at smaller tournies where you usually dominate.
M2K gets that treatment cause he always wins. Since he uses MK it didnt help. I get that treatment because ppl felt i sucked in melee and shouldnt be that good in brawl. I didnt suck in melee at all. Not my fault in tourney all i got were ICs and Sheiks.....and i mained roy. Boy did i suck *sarcasm*

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
So I made a video guide for people trying to pick up diddy as a secondary or for people who are wanting to take their game past the beginner stages of diddy.

I am not trying to take anybody elses work, merely trying to put a lot of the work that diddy mains have done into all one place. There is of course a lot of stuff I did not cover, but I tried to cover a lot of Diddy's techniques.

I am obviously not the best person or most skilled for this job, it is just something I wanted to do to help prospective diddy players wanting to turn the corner. I am sorry if I did not credit somebody for the technique, I already realize that I did not give nannerz co credit with NL to dribbling.

I hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03U5jouoVpc part one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLszFwIduV8 part two

total ends up a little under 15 minutes. I make myself look stupid in trying to pull off some of the stuff, for the most part I did a decent job however. Any comments are appreciated.
hey as part of your target audience, (picking up diddy as a 2nd), i found this helpful and imformative. Im at the point where im comfortable enough with my skills playing diddy without bananas that im ready to implement naner ATs into my game and this video is just what i needed to get that started. Thanks, Count!

D1RE

Smash Cadet
Can't praise you enough for this man. Just picked up diddy and this covers everything I needed. Wheres the sticky?

Count

Smash Champion
Can't praise you enough for this man. Just picked up diddy and this covers everything I needed. Wheres the sticky?
It's in vyse's sticky. I mean I think this deserves to get stickied, but the diddy boards have so many stickies that I understand why it isn't. *shrugs*. Thanks for the complement, a lot of people could have done this I just took the time to get it done.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Lol, Ninja is a beast.
I think that anti-m2k combo was the greatest super smash moment I've ever seen.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
Thanks for the guide. I didn't know about the Single Nanner Lock. I can almost pull it off well. I have only been doing it on level 9 comps but I can get a few in before i mess up and don't autocancel the dair.

Top Bottom