• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A very short video on Ganon's DI.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
Does Dair not work? I see you say to use Nair, but I've been using upright DI + cstick down for fastfalled Dair, and I've been able to survive up to 210.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Does Dair not work? I see you say to use Nair, but I've been using upright DI + cstick down for fastfalled Dair, and I've been able to survive up to 210.
N-air is better, or get's better when you fast fall right after the first kick. Faster aerials provide less momentum.

Teronist09

Smash Journeyman
N-air is better, or get's better when you fast fall right after the first kick. Faster aerials provide less momentum.
I couldnt tell from the video because my monitor sucks, does first kick mean first kick of the nair or nair twice and di in between?

studly

Smash Ace
dude yah saved me some time... i read a di thread the other day and was planning on doing some more research on which moves he should use....but now i dont have to

thanks bud

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Nice work, Kalm. Honestly I didn't know that NAir was his best for momentum canceling. I've always been a UAir man. Did you test all aerials and find that NAir is the best?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Nice work, Kalm. Honestly I didn't know that NAir was his best for momentum canceling. I've always been a UAir man. Did you test all aerials and find that NAir is the best?
Yeah, NAir is the fastest out of all our aerials and stops our momentum before the rest, thus making it our best aerial of survival.

Though, I'm beginning to think that DAir may be the better aerial when launched vertically, as I just found out that you could fast fall it during the startup time.

So it'll be like this, a example; Snake UPtilts Ganon, Ganon inputs the correct DI, which's left or right for this matter, then the Ganon DAirs and fast falls, both at the same time. He basically switched the last two around and used DAir instead, fast fall stops our momentum a little first the DAir stops a whole lot later.

I haven't tested this but I'm quite sure it's a possibility.

But I know that the horizontal method involves NAir for sure and my video was only on the horizontal method, so it's correct.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Nice video, similar to Arkive's video on DI, but it's nice to get a Ganon-specific video.

Mama_Luigi!

Smash Rookie
Mushroom Kingdom/Dinosaur World (Eastern Australia
Thanks, didn't know that N-air was the fastest aerial to use. Anyway, I've got a quick question for anyone to answer; does the wizard kick help in momentum cancelling at all? I've tried it, but I'm guessing that the "evil boost" away from the stage would outweigh any benefits from using it.

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
So it'll be like this, a example; Snake UPtilts Ganon, Ganon inputs the correct DI, which's left or right for this matter, then the Ganon DAirs and fast falls, both at the same time. He basically switched the last two around and used DAir instead, fast fall stops our momentum a little first the DAir stops a whole lot later.
If it helps simply DAir'ing with C-Stick auto fastfalls anyway so thats actually alot of your work done for you. Though I imagine it wouldn't work very well with DAir, I seem to recall it takes like 3 times as long for DAir to come out compared to NAir.

Top Bottom