• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

UK Rankings - New list under construction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiko

Smash Champion
Current UK Rankings - Under Construction

The panelists are currently having the banter.

So its pretty much been decided that the last rankings was a load of rubbish and contradictions. So here we are setting up some ground rules for the new rankings.

1. Rankings will only comprise of the players who attend National Tournaments and Regional Ranbats, with reasonable regularity. If you don't attend at least the tournaments, then you will not be considered. If you attend ranbats but not tournaments, then you MAY be considered, but are not obligated to be on the list.

2. Tournament placings will give you the major ranks, whils Ranbats will help decide the smaller placings. e.g. Joe, Coey and Aiko in 7th, 8th and 9th respectively can be shuffled around during ranbats.

3. You cannot make any major changes in the Ranbats. e.g. Charles in 1st and Prof Pro in 5th on the national rankings. If Prof Pro beats Charles in the Ranbats, he does NOT move to 1st, because he hasn't played all those between him and Charles. Prof CAN move up to first though if 2nd-4th attend his Ranbat regularly.

4. We are starting rankings from GGT (Global Gaming Tournament) as to not get confused about other good players who don't attend as regularly. The scene is finally picking itself up to start regular tournaments again so there will be plenty of opportunity to get on the rankings if you think you belong on there.

5. The rankings will be updated once a month. We will be starting with top 10 and gradually expand to top 16, hopefully by Edster 2.

The UK rankings were discussed and created by our lovely panelists:
Aiko
Fuzzyness
Vanity Angel
Zeppo

SwizzyUK

Smash Journeyman
1st... Aiko u made the post, u don't count u cheating *****

Good system. I like.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
good idea , but ................

what would these rankings accomplish just to see whos better in melee than others .

and loool edster is 2 long its in april >_>

VA

Smash Hero
Rankings are constructed to promote competition within the community. What do you mean edster 2 is too long? What is that in reference to? Anyhow they'll be updated monthly and I think there may be another Global Gaming event before EDster 2 possibly jan/feb.

Kone

Smash Master
Edwin your a tit. They said that it be expanded to 16 by EDster so that its more accurate. As pointed out by VA there should be another event before then. Plus, 4 months will roll round aot quicker than you expect haha.

Furthermore, I like the criteria you guys have used. The way you've decided to use ranbats between tourneys is sensible and intelligent. Should make the rankings work via panel.

grayfox

Smash Champion
OH MY ****ING GOD THE ALL MIGHTY BANTER!!!!!!

Just glad to see another uk thread guys, well done, keep up the good work.

Edit: got round to reading the post - I agree with the criteria, stick to it and it'll be sorted.

VA

Smash Hero
GTFO with the spamming of the thread fools, if only I was made mod instead of charles, I'd be giving ryan as many minor spam infractions or whatever as I possibly could. EAT (MINOR) SPAM (INFRACTIONS).

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
Well I would only be ok with you giving ryan the minor infractions if its for the banter. Otherwise you ought to be ashamed of yourself but if you're gonna be ashamed of yourself do it with a bit of banter.

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
.. ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOFL Aaron giving it abit of banter just for the banter! Why not I ask myself why not just for the banter.

Good job panelists btw well done.

COEY

Smash Lord
You are very correct mr pro. we should just have our own panel with our own rankings.

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
imo the rankings should be 1st place Coey + P.pro and everyonelse below. Maybe J03.

There should be a ranking tier list for whose got the most banter in the UK for the banter.

COEY

Smash Lord
i agree, also the lazy panelists should be stricken from the rankings as punishment.

J03

Smash Master
apparently my approval post didnt actually post. seeing as youve made the banter rankings already. Ive decided to change from absolute approval, to absolute dissaproval for a number of reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom