• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ragnar0k vs. DUB (VIDS) #5 added!!!

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
OK guys this **** is Gnarly. These are all friendlies of me playing my doubles partner DUB. They aren't really a set or anything we play way to many games to worry about sets. Enjoy.

#1- This match was played at 10 am after staying up all night playing brawl for 18 straight hours, I was literally falling asleep while playing a few matches after this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLikGM5dliE

#2- This match has a pretty sick 9 wind and a nice gimp for the last stock, a little old
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq1SF30ATLE

#3- This one was played around 8 one morning when DUB came over before school, I don't think I even had anything for breakfast yet. Also Diddy on Final D is an unstoppable force.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7gCknRUz2E

#4- Not much to say about this one except O_o at first stock.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwCy5ObXDwc

#5- DK>Olimar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k4Ga2m2Zk0

Discuss.

I'd like to thank Dr Peepee for uploading these.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
-When you are recovering you should bair to slow down momentum instead of using your jump, save that till you are near the stage, that might save you from some of the gimps
-Try using air dodges to catch the bananas and grenades, getting glidetoss opportunities is really helpful
-Working reverse utilts into your game could stop some aerial approaches

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
You don't always have to recover low is all I have to say. Recovering high can put pressure on your opponent. Most importantly, never recover below your opponent, especially as DK. I almost always recover at level with them, even if it means I can't grab the ledge.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
-When you are recovering you should bair to slow down momentum instead of using your jump, save that till you are near the stage, that might save you from some of the gimps
-Try using air dodges to catch the bananas and grenades, getting glidetoss opportunities is really helpful
-Working reverse utilts into your game could stop some aerial approaches
I usually use bair or uair to momentum cancel before jumping.
I don't even try to pick up grenades anymore because DUB just strips them right when I do. Every time I pick up a naner if I try to do anything Diddy has too many anti naner strategies. He has rocket barrels, peanuts, and moar naners.
Reverse utilts are hard against someone like Diddy but I could use those against Kirby or someone.

You don't always have to recover low is all I have to say. Recovering high can put pressure on your opponent. Most importantly, never recover below your opponent, especially as DK. I almost always recover at level with them, even if it means I can't grab the ledge.
I usually try to but sometimes I try to use a double jump that I don't have and end up recovering low on accident or something. I don't like recovering onto the stage because I just get punished by DUB. Lagless up b is an option though.

NC smash are the only people that care?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
lolimar. Just edgehog him. XD

Seriously, though, good stuff.

Veggi

Smash Champion
The videos looked really good, you seemed to know the best times to side-b the opponent, it looked like you landed it every time they didn't expect it. You also made use of a lot of tricks like the lagless up b recovery on Yoshi's and glidetossing. Your opponents were also very good.

OmniOstrich

Smash Lord
The videos looked really good, you seemed to know the best times to side-b the opponent, it looked like you landed it every time they didn't expect it. You also made use of a lot of tricks like the lagless up b recovery on Yoshi's and glidetossing. Your opponents were also very good.
It's all Dub, so just the opponent, no opponents.

i1337

Smash Ace
d00d how du u doo that i ned help i stil get nitemayrs from allstar mode yoshi is totaly poneing me dood :(

any poynterz?

nice matches, lol.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I was going to quote that and say Wut duh hayel?!

but then I saw the secret message at the bottom. Thanks.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Good stuff Rag, I liked how you punished him and tricked him into DK punch so many times lol :)

I wanna play DK in tourney now

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
Good stuff Rag, I liked how you punished him and tricked him into DK punch so many times lol :)

I wanna play DK in tourney now
Thanks. He's really fun in tourney. I just got 2nd in doubles and 3rd in singles with him at a tourney in Raleigh this weekend.

I'll give you DK advice if you give me G&W advice. He's my secondary but I don't play him very much because DK is too fun. I saw your team videos with Slik btw. Good **** for beating Chu and Forte.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Thanks. He's really fun in tourney. I just got 2nd in doubles and 3rd in singles with him at a tourney in Raleigh this weekend.

I'll give you DK advice if you give me G&W advice. He's my secondary but I don't play him very much because DK is too fun. I saw your team videos with Slik btw. Good **** for beating Chu and Forte.
Thanks man, if you have any questions about him just PM me.

Top Bottom