• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
FBT6 Results

Thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=6994367

1: Death to Sakurai (Tapion + Hunger) (Pit/Snake + Wario/Snake) $220
2: Pok Bros. On a Boat (Fatboy + Grimace) (Metaknight + Luigi/Snake) $110
3: Team Real Team (jordan + Kit) (G&W + Wario) $36
4: Deep Dish Luwario (Scythe + Quik) (??? + Wario) $12
5: Why So Serious (joker + Razor) (Snake + Metaknight)
5: Make it Rain (Lain + Rofa) (Dedede + Metaknight)
7: Suckin' On My ******* Like You Wantin' Me Callin' Me All the Time Like Blondie Check out my Chrissie Behind It's Fine All of the Time (Cos + Sago) (G&W + Metaknight)
7: Team We Ain't Datin' We Ain't Nuttin' to **** Wit' (Asc853 + Nicole)
9: Team Blue Balls of Death (Wafles + Aerox) (Metaknight/Kirby + Lucario)
9: WI Sucks (Arty + Norm) (Falco + Snake?)
9: We <3 Pie (Lonejedi + Ook) (Jigglypuff + Donkey Kong)
9: Team Quaker Mindgame Squares (jahordan + Thinkaman)
13: Crazy Marble Cake (RJ + Xaia) (Dedede + Kirby)
13: D F A (Nyu + Axle)
13: Steve Sucks (Irsic + FEFan) (Lucas + ???)
13: Team Iron Maiden (jlo + bronheimar) (??? + ROB)

1: lain (Dedede) $475 + $200 bonus
2: quik (Wario) $240
3: ook (Donkey Kong) $80
4: tapion (Snake/Pit) $15
5: razor (Metaknight)
5: hunger (Snake/Wario)
7: rofa (Metaknight)
7: Grimace (Snake)
9: kit (????)
9: arty (Falco)
9: scythe (????)
9: sago (Metaknight)
13: Wafles (Falco/Metaknight)
13: cbk (Pikachu)
13: joker (Snake?)
13: lonejedi (Jigglypuff)
17: boneheimer (ROB)
17: veggie123
17: kyle weis
17: jahordan (G&W?)
17: rapist norm (Snake)
17: Jordan
17: fatboy (Metaknight)
17: asc853
25: loki (Captain Falcon/Diddy Kong)
25: thinkaman
25: ficha
25: Fade (Peach)
25: pipe (Link)
25: swany
25: xaia (Kirby)
25: aerox (Lucario)
33: blink
33: evilsideninja
33: John
33: biL
33: cosmo
33: nicole
33: raid
33: YoshQ
41: RJ
41: patrick
41: shane
41: bobby kuhn
41: elfen leid
41: irsic
41: ewok
41: zyklon
49: jlo
49: shiro
49: guy reed
49: reaper
49: ushi
49: Faith's edge
49: Irobeth
49: FEFan
57: lightenup
57: cybergeko
57: dosdos
57: soren

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
FUDGE BUTT **** 6

Friday, March 20, 2009 -- Saturday, March 21, 2009
UW Oshkosh
Reeve Memorial Union Room 227ABC
748 Algoma Blvd.
Oshkosh, WI 54901

Confirmed Setups:
Brawl:
1. eighteenspikes (UWO TV1)
2. Wafles
3. Sago
4. Quaz
5. Oshkosh GameCrazy (UWO TV2)
6. Hunger1
7. RapistNorm
8. .CMW.
9. Ironboots33
10. asc853
11. Raid
12. LG7 (UWO TV3)
13. Lokeloki
14. Jahordon
15. Fade
16. Kit (Brown Paper Sack)
17. Joker490Frozen
18. Joker490Frozen (UWO TV4)

We are renting 5 TV's from UWO. If you have a Wii but no TV, post up and we can get a UWO TV set aside for you! Please only do this if you have NO way of bringing a TV that plays a Wii.

Thanks everyone who has offered a setup so far!

Wafles is helping me run this again so you can contact either of us with any questions.

eighteenspikes
A: eighteenspikes
P: 920-277-8083
E: eighteenspikes@wismash.com

Wafles
A: XxPhantasyHeroxX
P: 920-257-6129
E: wafles@wismash.com

Go sign up on AiB:
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=3824

If you have an AiB account, please go to the FBT6 page and say you're attending. The bigger it looks, the more others will be interested. More people means more prizes and more fun!!!

I'm announcing this way ahead of time so nobody has any excuse not to go, post up!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dedede:

~~~~~~

Hey everyone, just announcing Fudge Butt **** 6 here :lick: There is no FBT5 because I got in a habit of calling it fudge# and fudge5 sounds dumb. We got the same venue as FBT2, and it's a huge venue so we'll have plenty of room, seriously check this out:

We have this room and another smaller one nearby that people can sleep in overnight. Bring your sleeping bags!

Estimated Schedule:

Friday: Pools
10 AM: Doors open, setup and signups begin. Freeplay.
12 Noon: Maybe a side tournament (crews??)
9 PM: Singles Pools Begins
11:59 - Front doors lock, overnight portion begins. For liability reasons we'll ask that you stay overnight past this point, but you can check out with a TO/adviser if you have to leave.

Saturday: Brackets
8 AM - Doors unlocked
10 AM - Teams bracket begins
3 PM - Teams ends, food break
4 PM - Singles bracket begins
8 PM - Singles ends

Entry Fees:
Brawl teams: $10 per person
Brawl singles: $15

Venue fee: $5 flat. This covers venue costs, staffing fees, equipment rental, and food/drinks.
Your venue fee for the day will be waived if you bring in a full setup (TV, system, game) that we use.. Please post in the thread if you can bring in a setup for sure.

Pot Splits:
Singles: 60% + $250/30%/10%/$15
Teams: 60%/30%/10%/$20

Rules:
These are the rules for both singles and doubles
The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR). Each rule was debated and voted upon in separate topics. While it is always up to the Tournament Organizers (TO) to determine the rules that best fit their tournaments, we recommend these rules be used as a base guideline to new and experienced TO's alike.

General rules:

• 3 Stock

• 8 minute timer

• Items are set to "off" and "none"

• All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

• Stalling is banned.
  • No Johns
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Starter Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Island,
Counter Castle Siege, Delfino, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Pokemon Stadium 1, Brinstar, Corneria, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Norfair, Pictochat, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise, Green Greens,
Banned Everything else

I copy and pasted pretty much this whole section from the recommended rule list topic. If there is an overwhelming dislike of a stage, I will be fine with banning it.

Quaz on a cart + Zack152 Hot Stuff:

Zicore

Smash Champion
first post.

HOMG GONNA BE RAPESIES!

I SHOULD be able to bring a cube w/melee and provide housing for people who don't want to travel back on saturday night. This, and I can help run **** on Friday and Saturday. Let me know if you want my help dude.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
If you provide some Pepsi Blue ill be there for sure (Even with out the Pepsi Blue, I am sure I will be there for Brawl and I will most likely be driving some MN players.)

Zicore

Smash Champion
I call housing on Thursday for a spikesden. Probably with wicky as well.

Wafles

Smash Lord
lolol

This ****'s gonna be so awesome.

I'm going to make the website tomorrow probably because I'm cool like that, it'll definitely be ready on monday or tuesday.

Confirm me for a full melee and brawl setup

eighteenspikes

Smash Master

Pepsi Blue was a cola released by PepsiCo in 2002, developed to experiment Brand Name Psychology and test the power of their marketing team by selling the worst drink possible. It was marketed heavily in New York Mets games; by pop artists Britney Spears and Papa Roach; and featured in movies such as The Italian Job. It was considered a universal failure, with sales staying low due to a majority of consumers finding the cola's taste revolting. There was heavy public controversy in 2004 when documents were leaked revealing the true ingredients which created Pepsi Blue's iconic awful taste: spoiled milk, rat urine, Durian extract, among others. PepsiCo CEO Steven Reinemund delivered a public apology and promptly discontinued the cola's production. Shortly afterwards, he shamefully retired after over 22 years with PepsiCo. However, Pepsi Blue is not dead quite yet. High levels of pigeon droppings in every bottle of Pepsi Blue caused Cryptococcal Meningitis in some consumers, leaving them in a stunted psychological state, detached from reality. As a true testament to the power of marketing psychology, some ailing consumers still swear by Pepsi Blue and bemoan its discontinuation to this day, almost five years later.

Scythe

Smash Master
This is one is going to have overnight housing right? Is that confirmed?
Also IL better get a melee crew battle.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace

Pepsi Blue was a cola released by PepsiCo in 2002, developed to experiment Brand Name Psychology and test the power of their marketing team by selling the worst drink possible. It was marketed heavily in New York Mets games; by pop artists Britney Spears and Papa Roach; and featured in movies such as The Italian Job. It was considered a universal failure, with sales staying low due to a majority of consumers finding the cola's taste revolting. There was heavy public controversy in 2004 when documents were leaked revealing the true ingredients which created Pepsi Blue's iconic awful taste: spoiled milk, rat urine, Durian extract, among others. PepsiCo CEO Steven Reinemund delivered a public apology and promptly discontinued the cola's production. Shortly afterwards, he shamefully retired after over 22 years with PepsiCo. However, Pepsi Blue is not dead quite yet. High levels of pigeon droppings in every bottle of Pepsi Blue caused Cryptococcal Meningitis in some consumers, leaving them in a stunted psychological state, detached from reality. As a true testament to the power of marketing psychology, some ailing consumers still swear by Pepsi Blue and bemoan its discontinuation to this day, almost five years later.
HA, crystal pepsi only lasted 1 year 92-93. Mine was more of a failure.

holy **** pepsi blue was really good from what i remember, god im gona cry :(
sago's got the "detached from reality" part down! :chuckle:

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Eggz does that mean you are coming to my house LOL?

I hope this all works out cuz I have school n ****t.

Edit: Get the east side of the country to go too LOL if they would go to kansas they will go to this..

the only thing that makes this look bad is that its on a fri-sat instead of sat-sun.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I can probably change it to Sat-Sun but we will get charged another ~$200 for staffing because the building is closed starting Friday night. It's at the start of UWO's spring break (which is purposely staggered from most other UW spring breaks because of the St Patricks Day riots we had in the 90's, so it probably wont interrupt many other spring breaks), so there's very little rooming demand from student organizations that weekend. If it gets another 40 people to go, we can do it. Hell, maybe I'll do it anyways cause I'm sure it'll work out better for most people. I'll go in on Monday and try to ask them about giving us a better deal on the room rental fees considering the date.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
I can probably change it to Sat-Sun but we will get charged another ~$200 for staffing because the building is closed starting Friday night. It's at the start of UWO's spring break (which is purposely staggered from most other UW spring breaks because of the St Patricks Day riots we had in the 90's, so it probably wont interrupt many other spring breaks), so there's very little rooming demand from student organizations that weekend. If it gets another 40 people to go, we can do it. Hell, maybe I'll do it anyways cause I'm sure it'll work out better for most people. I'll go in on Monday and try to ask them about giving us a better deal on the room rental fees considering the date.
To be honest, I think FRI-SAT works better, since most OoS players would not get back to their states until Sunday if it ended Saturday night, and if it ended Sunday night, then that means Monday is when they will probably get back, IDK if anyone else would feel this way. I know it would be make it less likely that I would be able to go if it was Sat-Sun.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
What if we do Fri-Sat brawl, Sun melee? Fri doesn't even have to be tournament, people can just come in the evening to get housed and play some smash, and then everything will be set up already so we can start really early on Saturday morning (9am/10am?). We can do the same thing for Sunday, although Melee tends to end earlier anyways so it will help the OOS factor a bit.

I want to hear some more input because I want to get this settled as soon as possible, and make any necessary adjustments with UWO tomorrow.

Wobby

Smash Apprentice
What if we do Fri-Sat brawl, Sun melee? Fri doesn't even have to be tournament, people can just come in the evening to get housed and play some smash, and then everything will be set up already so we can start really early on Saturday morning (9am/10am?). We can do the same thing for Sunday, although Melee tends to end earlier anyways so it will help the OOS factor a bit.

I want to hear some more input because I want to get this settled as soon as possible, and make any necessary adjustments with UWO tomorrow.
Sounds pretty **** good to me, like that sounds really really good, hell we could even have friday be brawl teams or something and saturday be brawl singles and maybe even start melee teams or something along those lines. Have one event friday, one event sunday and two events saturday.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Brawl on Saturday would work out best for me and a friend, just because if it was on Sunday, we'd probably get home really late with school the next morning. It worked out perfect last time when we started at noon. We got there at like 11 with no problem, but if you need to change it, it probably won't make a difference, we'll still go.

Wafles

Smash Lord
Friday, Saturday, Sunday would be really, really nice. The cost in venue would need to made up with more people, but we can work that out.

Friday Saturday worked great last time, but holiday gave everyone friday off, and that was convenient, but I'm not sure how convenient it'll be next time. Personally I can work around it and get the friday off of work/college, but other people might not be able to. Not to mention OoS would need even more time to get here/whatnot.

My vote now is Saturday Brawl, Sunday Melee. Friday would be nice if its reasonable.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Actually, Spikes, what you said before about Friday just for playing and Saturday for brawl sounded like an awesome idea. And if we can't get Friday it would be fine too. I like the idea of brawl on Saturday either way. :p

Zicore

Smash Champion
I think melee should NOT be on sunday. I think it should be on friday, and have brawl days be saturday/sunday. That way, we can do CREWS! And not to mention I am sure there would be people that are coming just for melee, and it would be best if they make the drive that they get housed, and then people for brawl could come friday night as well and be housed before their tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom