• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snake President

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Needs YOUR HELP.... seriously :mad:

Zamus...... soooo underrated its not even funny.....

Underrated
Underhyped
Underused

I mean... I want to kill this character /delete it off my disk / never play anyone who uses a Zamus ever. (lol all of these but the first one are lies)

Every single time my Snake goes against a Zamus, I get 3 stocked.

I faced Nano, first round of tourney - 3 stocked my Snake
I faced some random dude, first round of ladder (wifi) - 3 stocked my Snake
I faced that same random dude, second round of ladder (wifi) - 3 stocked my Snake
I faced my friend WHO JUST TOOK UP ZAMUS A FEW DAYS AGO (wifi) - 3 stocked my Snake
I faced my friend Bobsmith (2~ months of Zamus) (wifi) - 3 stocked my Snake
I faced some random noob that I was 3 stocking, he chose Zamus, HE 3 STOCKED MY SNAKE

I am doing SOMETHING WRONG HERE.....

Spacing with ftilts and camping with 'nades isn't working guys :urg:

I'll get a vid up vs some random persons Zamus, they'll probably 3 stock me in under 2 minutes, and I'll host the replay.

Any tips for this matchup? *Doesn't want to do it in the matchup thread, and I really need the help and need to make a thread because my 10x threads a day wasn't fulfilled for the past 3 days*

tl;dr

I'm having relationship issues, so I'm in a really bad mood. Then I keep getting beat in Brawl, so I'm in a worse mood. Then I keep getting beat by ZAMUS in Brawl, which reminds me of my relationship issues AND losing :(

-Ran

Smash Master
The Snake President? Lol.

This might come as a shock, but ZSS's spacing game is more advanced and better than Snake. Her Forward B is longer than your Tilt. This match up is basically even once you know if for both parties.

Things to know:
-When they are falling towards you, they are almost universally going to space with Forward B. [which is a sweet spot possible move.]
-They will almost always down throw you. This shoots you upwards, and allows them to chase with Nair or Uair, and then link into a Bair.
-Their main killing power comes from Uair, Bair, and down B.
-Their Forward Smash sucks.
-Their Down Smash [Stun] is awesome.
-ZSS's Jab comes out on frame one. This is a great OH **** move for them to stop a 'combo.'
-ZSS is going to space with the Forward B. You must learn to Perfect Shield it every time.
-ZSS isn't going to Shield grab much/at all due to the length of her grab. She grabs out of Down Smash and her stun gun.
-ZSS has a few 'if you don't tech you are owned' set ups. One of them is the back throw to F Tilt/Dash lock. The other is the Down Smash X2 to Up B [miss tech] repeat.
-The pace of the game is largely dictated by the first stock. ZSS has her three suit pieces, which means for the first minute you are going to be playing a game of 'tag.' Most good ZSSes are going to Glide Toss one, and chunk the rest at you. You want to get the pieces off the stage ASAP, or learn how to utilize them better than ZSS. Furthermore, you want to be able to learn how to catch incoming Suit pieces with an air dodge input [but not actually air dodge.]
-ZSS's Stun gun will blow up the down smash mine, if I remember right.
-This match up is about Perfect shielding into Grabs, and jab set ups. Your projectiles are mostly useless against her superior spacing. Her Spacing > F Tilt and nades.
-Save up Tilt to get the kill.
-ZSS's recovery pattern is... Down B, Jump, F-B or U-B.
-The first hit of the F Tilt with all send the light/great DIing ZSS away before the second hit will connect after her percent begins to climb.

Forgot to add:
-They can do a short 'chain throw' of forward Throws.
-Most of the time her Forward B is going to be total **** by the end of the stock. Her entire reason for using it is it rocks for spacing, and that when Di'ed 'properly' [up and to an angle] it puts her into a great situation to go for a Bair/Uair for a kill.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
Is this a joke post or are you genuinely having trouble with Zamus?...because Zamus is cake once you get used to playing her. Just give it some time...

Staco

Smash Champion
I often mortar slide against zamus.
And try to shied very good.
Pay attention for the grabs, spot dodge them to get a free F-Tilt.

napZzz

Smash Hero
I've had to face sparrows zamus a few times recently, and he's pretty **** good. It would help if Iknew a little more about the match up. But from what I (think) it seems like she revolves around using her dsmash and stun to start combos and play keep away...her jab is also really fast along with a few other ground moves. Playing OoS is probably the smartest thing seeing how grabs are what punish your shield and hers is fairly laggy so its not worth going for most the time.

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
Shield.

ok seriously Zamus has a HORRIBLE time KOing. Stay very defensive and focus on your own kill moves when you must use one because she is very lightweight.
Don't let her jumping all over the place intimidate you, set both your C4 and Mine up.

Lol Snakes not my main but thats what I could guess will help.

nevershootme

Smash Master
um... you have a video library thread you made. could watch some of those.

i'll explain my experience of the matchup soon, since i play zss too

edit: well ran iji explained everything in brief already... just watch out for being stunned on the edge or double d-smash to any aerial except d-air

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
You can boil the strategy against Zamus down to: "Learn to spotdodge/perfect shield her normal attacks."

Zamus is nigh unpunishable on startup lag, but you can get hits in after a successful spotdodge or perfect shield. Zamus also likes to run around a lot, poking and prodding with her stupidly fast moves. Shield drop 'nades around the stage to limit her mobility.

Taeran

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could help, but I've never played a live Zamus with Snake.

Top Bottom