• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My SSE for MYM4!

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Link to original post: [drupal=829]My SSE for MYM4![/drupal]

CLOAKS OF FATE:
an SSE by goldwyvern

chapter -1: the recap with backstage view:

you see tabuu watching the heroes as they traverse the great maze. he begins to worry that they will destroy him when they finish the maze. he does 2 things to ensure he will live and have his revenge if this were to happen: create 15 small weaves of his power in different categories such as speed, power, accuracy and evasion and spread them throghout the land. then he would open a portal to the universe the one who weakened hails from, the world of mobius, where the other villains will gain any extra back up if needed.

weaves are similar to functionality as stickers, with some differences:
-they are able to be removed and reused
-they can only be used by those who have in posesstion of it during that point in the story.
-only one can be equipped per character
-there is only one of each
-the bonuses given are much larger

current known weaves(with current owner):
weave of speed(bowser's group):+30 land speed(can make ganondorf go 95% of c. falcon in dashing). DO NOT PUT THIS ON SONIC, MACH RIDER, OR SCOURGE!
weave of size(HR and ash.):always be 1.5x the size of a super mushroom with no strength bonus
weave of minions(guntz's group): a kirby with your character's hat fights with you that only attacks with it's standard special and it never loses it's power. also has infinite stock.\
weave of portals(kirby and co.): once per 30 seconds, you can suck all enemies on screen into portal to destroy them by pressing Z/-. will only do 75 damage to a boss.

chapter 0:prolouge:
bowser is walking to his castle after being defeated by mario... AGAIN. he is taking a alternate route this time, going through the uncharted woods. during this walk, he notices a napkin-sized(for him) black sheet on the ground. he picks it up and starts to walk, but the 5-mile hike takes only a minute. he stares down at the sheet with wide eyes, trying to contemplate it's power.
you see gritzy desert from M&L:SS. luigi is traversing the sandways when he notices something in the distance, something purple. it's a platoon of shroobs! as luigi starts to cower, bill the desert marine appears to help him out.

special fight 1:
play as: luigi,bill
against: 30 shroobs

after this, luigi thanks bill, who starts to walk away. luigi, afraid of more shroobs attacking, runs after him.

we join a dark room to find hyper_ridley and ashencroft contemplating several nefarious schemes(HR doing the villain-finger-contemplation-thing with his hands). HR decides that they should go treasure hunting for powerful artifacts to increase their power(or at least get some money). the scene cuts to a pyrmid in a tundra that seems like a mix of egytian and aztec styles.

stage 1: pyramid ruins
play as:hyper_ridley, ashencroft

this level is more of a tutorial level than a normal level. you simply go back and forth along shorter and shorter paths up the pyramid until you reach the top. this level barely has any enemies and only a few spike patches, traps or not. the enemies that appear are te bats from the kirby games. after you reach the top, a quick cutscene shows a redpair of eyes glair at HR and ashencroft. it is revealed to be a tutankoopa, the paper mario boss!

miniboss 1: tutankoopa

tutankoopa is rather easy and easy to predict. the thing is that he is hard to hit due to him starting on a ledge just above ashencroft's reach. eather you must wait until he jumps down and gets a few hits first and stays there, or you could cheap out to get him down early with HR's ^B.

HP
VE:75
E:100
N:150
H:225
VH:350
I:500

moves(5 total):

at 100%: shell throw
throws a blue shell that bounces off 3 walls and then is destoyed after hitting another. VE-N:5% per hit, H-I:10% per hit.

crumble
tutankoopa hits the wall behind him and rocks begin to fall. VE-E:3 rocks, 6% each. N-H:5 rocks, 9% each. VH-I: 7 rocks, 12% each.

after :60:
after 1 minute tutankoopa will jump down and his platform will fall, causing 10% if you touch it.

at 45%: here, chompy!(used once only)
tutankoopa summons his stone chain chomp, chompy to attack with him. it has it's own health and attack.
VE-E:50 attack does 7%
N-H:75 attack does 12%
VH-I:100 attack does 18%

at 15%: mummy wrap
tutan koopa launches large wraps in 3 directions going 3/4 of the way across the stage. if you are touched by it, you will be stunned and receive damage.
VE-E:1sec, 15%
N-H:2sec, 22%
VH-I:3.5, 35%

HR and ashencroft walk into the darkened part of the room and HR lights the room with his core. ahecroft picks up a peace of dark cloth from the pedastal. HR recognizes it as a piece of subspace energy. he explains to ashencroft the power that subspace and tabuu had. after hearing this, ashencroft gives an evil smirk. he then notices a purple-aura-surrounded engraving in the pedastal showing a man standing and a man identical to him standing over him, but 10x the size. HR starts to cackle at his victory.

CHAPTER 1: the gathering of heroes

the camera shows an overview of big blue, then shifts to a close up of falcon and goroh racing. goroh is almost past falcon... BLAM! wario on his bike slams goroh off the course. falcon cannot get out of his car at this moment. wario is about to merge over when guess what, mach rider and guntz show up! wario's jaw drops at this. falcon summons the blue falcon.

fight 1:bike battle
play as:mach rider,guntz
against:wario

this battle is fought on big blue, but with a few changes. there is only one car, falcon's. also the blue falcon is always present. wario and guntz start upon their bikes.

after the battle, wario's bike explodes and he is sent flying. the characters cross the finsh line and falcon and guntz dismiss their vehicles. they look at mach rider, who slowly shakes his head no. an alarm goes off. the heroes look up to discover the squeak squad has decided to rob the place. they seem to be summoning squeaks out of a shadowy object.

level 2:big blue invasion
play as:mach rider,guntz,captain falcon

this is the same as the big blue melee adventure level. the enemies in this level are the 3 kinds of squeaks with their respective bombs.

bowser is using the weave of speed to it's fullest, hopping from small island to small island, which are really fragments of the island of the ancients. after he gets within the vicinity of the portal tabuu made to sonic's world, it opens and starts forcing things into the trophie plain you can see a purple object flying away. this includes robotnik's baddies.
level 3:broken island zone
play as:bowser
this is a level with the weave auto-equipped and island hopping and swimming while fighting badniks, those bee things, and the monkey robots that hang from palm trees halfway through the level you can see the portal blowing things outward. after you finish the level it shows a blue thing, a red thing, and a green thing fly out in different directions.

the scene goes back to guntz's crew. they start running in the direction of the villains when suddenly nack jumps down from the direction of the squeak squad. in the time it took to make it through the main part of the track, Nack had landed and formed a partnership with the squeak squad. guntz motions the other 2 to continue. he and nack start a standoff.

battle 2:gunslinger battle
play as:guntz
against:nack

this battle takes place on a single walkoff stage with no dangers at all. nack has pretty strong AI. you can see the squeak squad faintly in the background.

mach rider and falcon make it to the squeak squad. daroach gets ready to do battle.

boss 1: daroach
play as:captain falcon,mach rider

daroach is majorally the same as the original game, having all the same attacks. also he can summon his henchmen to attack as he continues his attack pattern. these "simultanious" moves will be marked with an (S).

VE-E:500
N-H:800
VH-I:1100

moves(total 8)

at 100%:
pound: daroach will swing his wand ahead of him. does 5% each swing. higher difficulties have him swing multiple times.

teleport:will teleport randomly throughout the stage(nothing new for HAL)

bomb:he will open his cloak up, which will drop a bomb that will land just in front of where he was positioned. the bomb will go off in 1.5 seconds for exactly half of the damage and knockback of a bob-omb.

squeaks(S): summons 3 yellow squeaks, 2 green squeaks, and one blue squeak that are the same as the enemies from the previous level

at 70%:

ice beam: doroach raises his wand charging for 2 seconds as he stays parallel to you. he then stops and releases a beam of ice a link tall. this beam has a 20% chance to freeze you for 3 seconds.
VE-N:10-25%
H-I:20-40%

spinni(S): summons spinni on the ground below him who throws 2 shuriken a second in front of him that go infinately. each shuriken does 3% and flinching knockback. lasts 5 seconds.

at 40%:
storo(S):summons storo under him. he smashes his hammer into the ground in front of him every 2 seconds, causing 15% and above-average knockback. lasts 10 seconds

doc(S):summons doc to float above the middle of the screen. he shoots a lazer in your general direction every second for 7 seconds. each lazer causes 7% and low knockback.

the squeak squad is suprised and teleports away hastily. after this, guntz rides up on his bike with nack reluctantly in the back. falcon gets a call from jody summer, alerting him of a giant monster attacking port town! falcon seems shocked and runs in the direction of port town. the rest follow him. mach rider picks up the weave daroach dropped.

bowser is seen running to the forest on the shore. in seconds, he reaches a cave lair which he enters, revealing cortex,tiny,and dimentio inside. bowser explains the situation with the portal and then shows them the weave he found. cortex is intrigued by the portal, dimentio about the weave(recognizing it as subspace energy), and tiny with bowser's toes. dimentio pockets the weave and suggests that they travel to the portal.

level 4: dark forest/beach:
play as:bowser,cortex and tiny,dimentio.

this is a 2-part level. the first part consists of a forest(the geno forest music they cut from brawl playing) while fighting the mushroom and monkey things from the forest in mario RPG. the second part, featuring the peach beach theme from DD, has you fighting the same enemies from bowser's last level. at the end you can see the portal.

the trio start to examine the portal. suddenly, a rainbow of objects fly out, as well as a large black object.

again we return to guntz's group. the team has made it to port town to find HR the size of a skyscraper. ashencroft is emotionlessly killing civilians and HR is having fun, choosing weither to burn something or to freeze it. HR becomes aware of the heroes as they approach his tail.

miniboss 2: hyper_ridleyzilla part 1:tail
play as:guntz,capt. falcon,mach rider,nack

HP:
VE-N:300
H-I:500

moves(total 3):

at 100%:

slam:slams his tail into the ground. causes 15% and good knockback on all difficulties.

bullets:3 bullets from his Nair appear from the right corner. 4% a hit with no knockback.

at 30%:
tail jab:the tail retracts and then extends across the screen, causing 30% and great knockback on all difficulties.

the group is seen running up the tail.

we now join the superstar helpers, walking peacefully, when suddenly scourge falls in front of them.

battle 3:
play as: superstar helpers
against:scourge

afterwards, scourge is dragged away by the helpers to mt. dedede.

CHAPTER 2: penguins, space dragons, and wolfs, oh my!

scourge is handed over to dedede bound and gagged. D3 laughs at his helpless conditions and makes a motion towards the dungeon. as if on cue, our favorite puffball kirby appears to save the day! :3(jk). he final-cutter's scourge's bonds and the duo attacks dedede and his infantry.

battle 4: let them eat candy
play as:kirby,scourge
against:dedede,superstar helpers

this is really a 2v5 because you must KO all of the helpers.

after this, dedede is outraged. he dims the lights and when they are on again, masked dedede is ready for combat!

boss 2: masked dedede

HP:
VE-E:1200
N-VH:1500
I:2000

moves(total 8):

at 100%:

dee attack: summons 3 waddle dees

dede-duper double dedede jump: does 2 super dedede jumps in a row.

hammer smash: smashes his hammer into the ground 3 times quickly. 7% per hit and low knockback.|

inhale: inhales you and chews you up a bit and spits you up. 12%.

hammer missles: releases 3 missles out of his mechanical hammer. they have average knockback.

VE-N: 10% each
H-I: 15% each

at 50%:

flamethrower: releases a whip of flame out of his hammer about ike's height long that whips up and down. 8% a hit. lasts 3 seconds.

trip slide: instantly trips over and slides on his inflated stomach. 6% and high knockback

jet spin: spins with the hammer out and jet on, spinning at high speeds for 4 seconds. he is dazed for 1 second afterwards.

dedede is knocked out of the castle and the helpers, quivering in fear, decide to join kirby like in the past. they try to stay away from scourge.

guntz and crew are continueing up HRzilla. HR detaches his arms and sends to attack.

miniboss 3: HRzilla part 2: arms

HP
VE-H: 550 each
VH-I: 750 each

moves(total 4)

100%:

swoop: the arms fly around the screen like kat and ana 3 times. 10% per hit per hand

bullets:3 bullets from his Nair appear from the right corner. 4% a hit with no knockback.
50%:

multicrush: they do multiple master hand-esque fist smashes. 5-40%\

we join kirby again, frolicing along. scourge is staring at the superstar helpers with angered eyes. they come to a fork in the road, one saying "isalnds", the other saying "jungle". superstar helpers go to the islands because its more safe, as well as scourge, who knows the portal he came out of was in the ocean. kirby mindlessly walks into the jungle.

level 5: the battleground
play as:kirby

this isn't a DK jungle, no. its a jungle reminescent to the one from MGS3! you must fight soldiers with rifles, knifes, and bazookas.

we now join ike and ilyana, who are sparring in the desert miles away from the jungle.\

battle 6:
play as:ilyana or ike
against:ike or ilyana

ike gets ready and attacks with great aether and accidentily knocks her into the jungle. marth comes by and just stares at ike, who is speechless. O.O

ilyana lands in a bush with snake hiding inside, who doesn't notice as he is focusing on something with his binoculars. ilyana looks in the same direction, to notice zero suit samus sleeping in the field. she is awoken by the soldiers chasing kirby. ilyana lands next to her and the 2 guys jump out of the bush.

special match 2:
play as:ZSS,snake,ilyana,kirby
against:rifle soldiersx20, knife soldiers x40, bazooka soldiers x15

the group finds a weave in the pack of a soldier. kirby tries to eat it, but it repels him and opens a portal that spits out human kirby.
the two kirbys stare at each other, then notice that snake and ilyana brought food. they take out their own food and the 4 pig out. the kirbys are fighting over a tomatoe, ilyana is eating large amounts of mashed potatoes, and snake is removeing the jugular vein of a rabbit with his teeth. ZSS slowly walks up and takes a bite of a sandwich, as she has been trapped in the jungle without food for a week. after, her eyes open wide, she has an awkward anime moment of joy and starts to eat like the rest. we skip to an hour later. ilyana is still eating and normal kirby is asleep, while the other 3 are on the ground, sporting comical guts to show they ate too much. human kirby throws up. snake makes a call on his codec. within seconds, a giant robot appears with a red cross on it. it stops moving and a dr. mario and dexter jump out!

D

Deleted member

Needs more capitalization, and less calling Bill a desert marine.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Did you get the finger-contemplation from my move set? I'm flattered.

I find the idea of villians being the opening level an interesting twist.

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
Umm... This needs a LOT of work.

I am normally pretty nice, but this needs more color, more detail, and in general a more interesting plot.

So far its just bad guys do something..... to be continued.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Needs more capitalization, and less calling Bill a desert marine.
CURSE YOU CAPITALIZATION! WHY DO YOU EVADE ME WHEN I AM ON THE COMPUTER UMLESS IM YELLING?
and bill is a desert marine(im pretty sure).

Did you get the finger-contemplation from my move set? I'm flattered.

I find the idea of villians being the opening level an interesting twist.
yes, i did. i thought it was funny

i know, but be reminded that it's not the first gameplay. that title goes to weegee and bill.

Honestly? I... don't really get what you are trying to tell us.
what do you mean?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
and bill is a desert marine(im pretty sure).
Actually... he isn't. He's a Cornerian soldier fit for desert combat. I said he was could be called a desert marine in his introduction, because that's what he basically could be compared to. But at least you've read the moveset.

what do you mean?
That I have no idea what's going on... why is the action suddenly switching from Bowser to Luigi and Bill?
And how are Ashencroft and HR plotting schemes?

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
Actually... he isn't. He's a Cornerian soldier fit for desert combat. I said he was could be called a desert marine in his introduction, because that's what he basically could be compared to. But at least you've read the moveset.

That I have no idea what's going on... why is the action suddenly switching from Bowser to Luigi and Bill?
And how are Ashencroft and HR plotting schemes?

ok, 1st off, bowser will not be featured again until chapter, and thus is unimportant as of now. that scene just shows him finding the weave of speed. after chapter 0, he will start to get more relevant. A LOT more relevant.

2nd, because after ridley's many failures at the hands of samus and the fact that ashencroft hates sam lionheart(i think, that's what struck me when i read ashencroft) had them decide to work together for a plan(or scheme) to destroy them both!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I like how you had Wario and Guntz be on their bikes in the new part along with Mach Rider. The big bike battle was a cool connection between characters I wish I thought up.

In genereal this could use more detail and better grammar which is what turned most people off from what I can tell, BB code would also help, as well as longer sections before you update.

That said this SSE is under rated and is better then some other previous SSEs I won't name to avoid bringing up flames. I'm a big fan of SSEs in general, and if nobody else reads this, I will. I hope you'll try to improve.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
I like how you had Wario and Guntz be on their bikes in the new part along with Mach Rider. The big bike battle was a cool connection between characters I wish I thought up.

In genereal this could use more detail and better grammar which is what turned most people off from what I can tell, BB code would also help, as well as longer sections before you update.

That said this SSE is under rated and is better then some other previous SSEs I won't name to avoid bringing up flames. I'm a big fan of SSEs in general, and if nobody else reads this, I will. I hope you'll try to improve.
thanks, man. ill work on my grammar and BB code. to be honest, your SSE is my favorite. :p

Chris Lionheart

Smash Champion
2nd, because after ridley's many failures at the hands of samus and the fact that ashencroft hates sam lionheart(i think, that's what struck me when i read ashencroft) had them decide to work together for a plan(or scheme) to destroy them both!
In hopes that you'll improve, I'll give you some insight onto this.

In Ashencroft's mind, he is above EVERYTHING.

Sam Lionheart's existance is no more than a joke to Ashencroft. He sees the humans of earth as being like a game rather than a challenge. That is why he would just as soon conceal all of his powers and disguise himself as a knight for fun (the MYM 3.0 moveset) as show his powers and actually try to win (to some extent, his 4.0 moveset.)

His goal isn't to kill any one person, but rather to establish himself as the ultimate power in the universe, even if it means ending the world.

goldwyvern

Smash Ace
In hopes that you'll improve, I'll give you some insight onto this.

In Ashencroft's mind, he is above EVERYTHING.

Sam Lionheart's existance is no more than a joke to Ashencroft. He sees the humans of earth as being like a game rather than a challenge. That is why he would just as soon conceal all of his powers and disguise himself as a knight for fun (the MYM 3.0 moveset) as show his powers and actually try to win (to some extent, his 4.0 moveset.)

His goal isn't to kill any one person, but rather to establish himself as the ultimate power in the universe, even if it means ending the world.
thanks, i'll use this. as a spoiler, the weave he and HR found is gonna be used in an AWESOME homage to one of the greatest chain of movies ever! it even inspired a blue oyster cult song!

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Heh, that's a pretty cool idea, having a multi-part boss fight like that. I agree with Warlord, this SSE is a diamond in the rough. I look fowards to the next chapter. :)

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Not bad, good to see you came back to Bowser.

bowser is seen running to the forest on the shore. in seconds, he reaches a cave lair which he enters, revealing cortex,tiny,and dimentio inside. bowser explains the situation with the portal and then shows them the weave he found. cortex is intrigued by the portal, dimentio about the weave(recognizing it as subspace energy), and tiny with bowser's toes. dimentio pockets the weave and suggests that they travel to the portal.
Lol!

I've been waiting for somebody to take advantage of Tiny's stupidity in an SSE for a considerable while now. Many thanks.

I also liked the concept of the multi part Hyper Ridley "zilla" boss fight, but. . .If BBcode is needed anywhere, that's the place. Use bold on the attack names/level sections would go a long way in making this easier to read.

To bold:

(B)Blah blah(B)

Replace ( ) with [ ].

Whee this is bold text.

Tanookie

Smash Journeyman
*sends Sundance a leather harness on Dragon Apprec
It's got potential.

But you need to make it look more presentable. Pictures, color, headers...and GRAMMAR. Good God. No offense, but man, that thing made my eyes bleed. Reading all-white text with terrible grammar makes me want to gouge my eyes out. And I'm sure that turns a bunch of other people away, too.

But that can be easily remedied. Just remember to use the SHIFT key. It's right under CAPS LOCK and the ENTER button.

Just make it look...prettier. Because other than that, it's good. :)

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
I skimmed it, and it seems good.

Not presentable, but there's a good SSE in there somewhere.

You just need more colours and pictures.

Top Bottom