• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Long Live Hit Stun III: A Melee Tournament In North Haven, CT (Sat 01-24-09)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7112063&
It's time for the next installment to Long Live Hit Stun!

Location, Venue Fee, Legal Stages, and singles and doubles cost have all changed so please read everything carefully.

Drougies Pizza
117 Washington Avenue
North Haven, CT 06473

(It's in a plaza right next door to Mcdonalds for a quick reference.)

PLEASE READ THIS. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT!

Drougies Pizza is the pizza place where I work. Recently, the family who owns/runs the restaurant bought more square feet and plan on expanding the pizzeria. Currently, it is empty and they have not begun tearing down walls, moving things in, and all of that junk. We will basically be using an EMPTY building as a place to run this tournament. They will be charging a small venue fee of five dollars and on top of that I encourage and expect a majority of you to during our lunch/snack break to pick up a pizza slice or at least give them some form of business. There is actually some REALLY good food there and the pizza is really good. If it sucked, believe me...I would tell you. Yes, there are BK's, Mcdonalds, Subways etc but I big portion of the reason they are doing this is because I told them that a majority of us would probably get food there and we are all lazy and stuff haha. If they see that we are giving them business and the whole thing runs smoothly I am sure that they will support hosting tournaments for me in the future. I am not hosting tournaments at my house currently due to the fact that we had money issues last time and I had to spot sixty dollars. That being said....let's carry on?

Parking:

Park anywhere in the plaza but please do not park DIRECTLY in front of the pizza place. Please try to park two or three rows back so that the regular customers will not have issues trying to get to the places where they need to go. (It's a plaza.)

Events:

Melee Doubles
Melee Singles
Smash 64 DOUBLES
(If time permits)

Speculated Schedule:

11:00AM-12:00PM-Registration for Doubles and venue fee payment. (This will cost you $10.00 total to be locked in for doubles and to just hang around.)

12:15 SHARP-Begin Doubles

2:00-End Doubles and begin registration for Singles. (I'm doing registrations separately)

2:30-15 Minute Food Break.

2:45-Singles Begins

4:30?-Smash 64

8:00-CTers and the FEW PEOPLE that I will be housing will come back and spend the night. I plan on not having 1291 people housed this time. I'm probably going to only be housing Spife, Roman, and CTers. Sorry! Contact other CTers if you need housing.

Payments/Fees/Entry:

Venue Fee will be $5.00

Doubles Entry: $10.00
(This includes your partner. So it will be $5.00 per person.)

Singles Entry: $10.00

(I chose ten dollars this time because eight is a weird number and five dollars makes the pot small.)

Stages:

Neutrals:

Final Destination
Battlefield
Fountain Of Dreams
Dreamland 64
Yoshis Story
Pokemon Stadium

Counter Picks:

Rainbow Cruise
Mute City
Kongo Jungle 64
Corneria
Brinstar
Poke Floats

Smash 64 Stages:

Neutrals:

Dreamland
Hyrule Castle

Counter Picks:

Saffron City
Peachs Castle
Kongo Jungle
Sector Z

General Information:

- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you.
- No controller mods allowed aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons allowed.
- No pausing during a match....also, please have respect for your opponent and do not do answer your phone, text, blast your iPOD, etc. Please, show respect for your opponent. They might not say it, but it IS annoying.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Jigglypuff's rising pound, Peach’s wall bomber, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 3 minutes...to keep things running smoothly.

Melee Rule Set:

- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit.
- All Items are OFF.
- Doubles-specific: Team attack ON, life stealing allowed.
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing the stage has already won on that stage, unless both players agree to use that stage.
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate two of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Double blind character pick (may be called for the first game): A double blind pick is when each player secretly tells a neutral third-party what character they will use. The third party then announces the character choices, and the players must stick with their character choices.
- Advanced Slob Picks (for the second or later game in a set): For a given game, the loser of the previous game may either choose the next stage or elect to go to a random stage. The winner of the previous game may then either change character, or stay as their current character. The loser may then either change character, or stay as their current character.
-Wobbling is allowed

Smash 64 Ruleset:

-5 Stock
-Best of three
-Striking, Double Blind, etc all apply.
-There is no stock time in smash 64. A group of officials whom I appoint will notify the players if the match is taking to long and will be decided from that point on stock and %. No Johns.

Housing:

Please let me know if you can house people. I will only be housing people that I personally know and will not be housing randoms that I never met before. YOU REALLY NEED TO LET ME KNOW ASAP IF YOU NEED HOUSING WITH YOUR CREW. DO NOT WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE OR A WEEK AWAY TO TELL ME YOU WANT ME TO HOUSE YOU. MAKE YOUR PLANS AND FIGURE YOUR SCHEDULE OUT.

Prizes:

The earnings will go as follows for both Singles and Doubles- - -

1st Place: 70%
2nd Place: 20%
3rd Place: 10%

Setups:

As always setups are EXTREMELY crucial. If you can also manage bring a lawn chair, bean bag, or something that you enjoy sitting on. I am going to try to get as much chairs, tables, etc into the building but please bring all the crap that you can. Please note that this time around we will be short on one-two TV's seeing as I can not bring my big screen TV to this tournament! The speed/success of this tournament relies on what you bring. No Johns if people fail to bring stuff and it goes slow. I've made my announcements and highlighted important parts in this post.

Let's have another good turnout guys. Last Hit Stun was ****ing amazing. (minus the little money issue) Let's try to make this next one bigger than the last one?

-Prince of Fire

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I want to go to this but I am already making a trip to CT in January and I generally don't like to do that twice in one month. But if something changes or I get really bored in PA, I'll be there.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
is this gonna be big? how many ppl do u think the venue can fit? could this be an anmc event?

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
I want to go to this but I am already making a trip to CT in January and I generally don't like to do that twice in one month. But if something changes or I get really bored in PA, I'll be there.
Would love to finally meet you and see that Luigi.

is this gonna be big? how many ppl do u think the venue can fit? could this be an anmc event?
I'm going to take a look at the interior within a day or two to see how many outlets are there, how many people could potentially fit, etc. I have yet to snoop around inside. If it is not busy today at work I will scope it out today. If it is big enough I would to see this as an ANMC event.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The Smash 64 stage list needs some revisions. It should go like this:

Neutrals:
Dreamland
Hyrule Castle

Counterpicks:
Saffron City
Congo Jungle
Peach's Castle
Zebes (questionable, but the acid follows the exact same pattern every match)

Prince Of Fire

Smash Lord
Good **** Nintendude. Will edit when I'm not lazy.

In other news:

This event might receive a little bit of editing. There are three possabilities for this event---

A-The event stays the same and everything works great.
B-This gets moved to an earlier date (Preferably Jan 10th)
C-This event gets MOVED to a different location and still keeps the Jan 24th date.

I basically confirmed everything with my boss (es) the other day and they are unsure of when they are going to start renevating. Expect to hear an answer from me within 2-3 days!

Nintendude

Smash Hero
The 10th is the same day as ECRC finals, which are gonna be really close by to this tournament, so I don't think that is a good idea. Though, if it is on the 24th I can't make it either since I will be back at school.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Does that mean Ace is going to show up to this tournament as well?
Probably not Kev. I'm not planning to help(and I'm planning to just take over MM soon, if there are still problems. I promise, don't stop going man.) and I suck at Melee and Sixty-Four(more than everybody who isn't Isai that is). I'd really have no place here.

Kevin, you're going to the Maine Tourney though right?

Spife

Smash Master
The 24th is very nice, the 17th is a no-no for sho-sho. The 10th would be feasable but would make things difficult, I have plans concocting for intercession and the 10th would just rush everything me thinks.
My vote is keep it the 24th.
Assuming I am going, I'll probably only be good for 1 cube, 1-2 screens, and if you're doing what you've done for the past two (i.e house a good number of players) I wouldn't mind getting housed, favorite part about LLHS's is the amount of play that goes into every event. This all depends on what your date is and where I'm leaving from though.

Banks

Smash Hero
If it was the 10th I'd have a much tougher time making it, the week after spawn's tourney...travel/money johns. CT two weeks in a row is tough and I definitely can't miss spawn's tourney

Spife

Smash Master
If it was the 10th I'd have a much tougher time making it, the week after spawn's tourney...travel/money johns. CT two weeks in a row is tough and I definitely can't miss spawn's tourney
This, basically.
Banks let's play smash together some time. I herd ur good.

Roman.

Smash Champion
you know i'll be here

Edit:
"11:00AM-12:00PM-Registration for both Singles and Doubles.

12:15PM-Begin Doubles

After singles-Fifteen minute lunch/snack break.

Doubles Begins and if time permits....Smash ****ing 64. This is not a joke. Pick up Smash 64 again and start training again."

fix that

and may i get housing from you pof? im like a member of the family XDD

Budai578

Smash Apprentice
If it's the 10th I might be there; if it's the 24th I'll be there if I don't go snowboarding that weekend.

Spife

Smash Master
don't try to herd me i'm no cattle. but yea, we could play smash, I want to try it. I'm usually into tetris tournies.
MOO!
Tetris eh? Well I have an I block I can slide into a 1 block wide, 4 block deep gap, if you know what I mean ;)

Roman.

Smash Champion
"11:00AM-12:00PM-Registration for Doubles

12:15-Begin Doubles

2:00-End Doubles and begin registration for Singles. (I'm doing registrations seperately so if someone misses doubles...they cant still make singles. )

2:30-15 Minute Food Break.

2:45-Singles Begins"

again, fix that

Spife

Smash Master
That was 3 days ago, I'm just checking in to stimulate the thread and see if there's an update.

Spife

Smash Master
but so the event is still on the 24th no questions? Spell it out for me.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I'm thinking about going to this just because there will be 64.

Am I even remotely decent at 64? Not at all. But it's still, probably, the most ludicrously fun and broken game ever.

Spife

Smash Master
Thanks Pof, that was much clearer!
is the 64 event going to be on a 64? >__> If so, then i'll play.

Spife

Smash Master
Don't own a Wii, I'll just practice on 64/computer and some that day on a GC controller

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'm absolutely attending.
I start break on January 22nd, perhaps I could come down on the 23rd with whoever drives me?

Maybe even stay a bit longer?

R3N0

Smash Lord
so many tournaments for jan already. jebus. maybe ill show up. theres a lot of CT tournies and a lot of johns about how $ it is.. make teams $5 a person =x

Top Bottom