• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Mass Bros. - Greenfield, Ma - January 17th -SBBB/M *First Post Updated*

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
SUPER MASS BROS.*

It's happening. Get Hyped.

Four Rivers Charter Public School
248 Colrain Rd.
Greenfield, Ma 01301

PARKING

"
Parking is obvious guys, I was tired when I was typing. I'll get their early with ace and we'll devise a system to get attention. THe building we're in is the furthest back (of the three) the parking lot is to the right of the buildings (if your'e facing the buildings from the road) and the parking lot is so close yo ucan probably hit the buildings with a running kick from the parking lot. Srsly.

The building itself has 3 entrances, the venue we'll be in is the farthest room from the parking lot entrance (and it also has a door). WE CAN NOT USE ANY ROOM BUT THAT ROOM AND THE REST ROOMS AND THEN HALL WAY TO THE REST ROOMS. I"m serious. You want more tournametns in this location? Then we can't **** around, this is a highschool who takes their **** seriously. I'll lock the other doors but as a fire thing I can't lock the doors to the upstairs. I'll be making routine patrols and If I catch you up their I'll do something nasty. Especialy if you're alone....Just ask MattDotZeb. Wait, don't. He wasn't awake.
Threatened enough? No seriously though, don't leave the designated areas for any reason.

Also, no smoking (read: don't litter). You can smoke outside, just don't toss your trash on school grounds. Be smart, this is a highschool, not a public highschool though (lulz)"

PRICING

$5 - All Events per person(Making it $10 Per Team)
$5 - Venue Fee

SCHEDULE

10 - Doors Open
10:30 - Registration for Brawl Doubles and Melee Singles and Brawl Singles starts
11:30 - Brawl Doubles Starts
Near End of Brawl Doubles -Half Hour Sign Ups for Melee Singles and Brawl Singles/Food Break/Freeplay
- Melee Singles Starts
Near End of Melee Singles - Sign ups for Brawl singles, 15-30 minute(Depends on timing) Food Break/Free Play
Brawl Singles End - Friendlies and congrats to your awesome TO that will hopefully manage to get this all in.
(Schedule Subject to change. I promise to update the thread and make it known if anything does change.)

RULE SETS
(Borrowed from Dazwa with slight alterations(IE D3's CG))

BRAWL
• 3 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes two stages for the entire set. One neutral stage, one counterpick stage. The neutral can't be played on the first game, and the counterpick can't be used during the set. Consider the chosen neutral a counterpick stage, and the chosen counterpick a banned stage. You can Strike a nuetral twice(the first turns it into a counterpick, the second striking it from that list as well.)
• In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
• In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise.
• Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.
• If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.
• You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
• Stalling is banned (The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 250% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.)
• Dedede's Standing Infinite IS BANNED. The wall infinite, because there are no permawalled stages on is legal but is subject to the 250% stalling rule.(This rule is for clarification purposes. If you have an issue with me bring it up, I'm willing to reconsider this one. If swayed, but keep in mind there are no permenant walls, and the stages with walls can be banned, can be avoided. There are characters that can't be chain grabbed that can help you avoid the walls if need be.)

Starters(Set to Random)
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counter Picks
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Halberd
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

All other stages are banned.

MELEE

Melee
• 4 Stock, 8 minute timer, items are set to "off" and "none," all matches are best 2 out of 3 with the exception of Winners Finals, Losers Finals, and Grand Finals (all to be played 3 out of 5)
• First game is double blind character, random stage.
• Second and third games, loser of the previous game picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character.
• No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
• If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage. If a tie still occurs, play a one stock match in the same match-up, character-wise and stage-wise
• Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen. The chosen stage may not be used during the entire set.
• You are responsible for your own controller. Any malfunctions that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
• Controller Mods, Glitches (IC Freeze Glitch, Mewtwo Soul Stunner, etc), and tactics used to stall a match (wall-bombing, rising pound, Wobbling forever), are banned. Wobbling by itself is allowed, capped at 250%.

Starters
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Fountain of Dreams

Counters
Mute City
Rainbow Cruise
Brinstar
Pokefloats
Kongo Jungle 64
Jungle Japes
Green Greens
Corneria

All other stages are banned.

General Rules:
• The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
-2 Minutes Late – Warning
-4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
-6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

CONTACT INFO

Ace/MdrnDayMercutio - 413-455-5385
Call me if you need anything, and if you're trying to make it for a specific event I will see if there's anything I can do for you or update you as to where we are in relation to it currently.

Spife is the man with directions though. Call me and I'll get a hold of him if needed, not sure if he'd want his stuff here or not.

GET HYPED PEOPLE!

Potential Attendees
-Ace(TO)
-Spife(TO/Venue Man)
-Matt.Zeb
-Seon
-Dazwa
-Jack Tourette
-Lord Yawgomaskth
-BubbleTea
-Skin
-Almyz125
-Proverbs
-F for Fatal
-KevinM
-Almo
-BombermanFanatic
-Megaman087
-Banks
-Thorn
-omegablackmage
-Buuman
-Memphisjohns
-Conway
-Grimga
-Riot

Set Ups WILL BE NEEDED. Please please please bring whatever you can spare. TV's, Wii's and Cubes are very much needed. Please tell me what you can bring if you're definatly in.

Set Up List

TV's
-Spife 2(?)
-Ace 2
-Riot

Wii's
-Ace
-Riot

Cube's
-Spife 2(?)

Exstension Cords and Power Strips
-Ace 1 Cord 1 Strip

*Name Created by the Fiendlord Dazwa

Almo

Smash Ace
I'll go if i can get a ride. I'm already in hype overload from this thread. If you make luigi's mansion a legal stage, I will argue.

lol

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
I am so bringing everyone from West-West Mass.

:)

lets see, that should be.....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9?????

We shall see!

Could be even more,
there is plenty of room, right?

*Hyped*

Spife

Smash Master
the room can fit like, 100 (uncomfortably though, it's the room where everyone gets together for meetings and stuff) but I'm sure we'll be fine.

Lotta tables and chairs makes spife a happy smasher

BubbleTea

Smash Apprentice
count shawn and myself in.

the date falls during our break!!! yaaayyyy can't wait!

edit: and I was going to say, that I would post some ads around my school for the tourney cause I'm sure there are some kids who play brawl here, but this is finals week and most kids are gone, or aren't even going to be here next week -_-;

Spife

Smash Master
@ TML: Your sig doesn't make sense, Akuma isn't in this game...and is banned, sbr just banned him
@ Bubbletea: what ever you can to get more people to this tournament is fine by me. Even if it means making another deathstar.

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
oooh,

is /THE/ banks going to be here too!?

Haha, don't worry, I am going to force people to come and play,
even against their will,
and even if I gotta do somethings that I will be ashamed of.

Almyz125

Smash Rookie
i think me and like 5 or 6 friends might try to come out from Albany, NY to try this.

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Currently Brawl Doubles is up in the air. I need to figure out approximate Set Up Count(I need to add that to the first post) and get the information on hours from Spife and stuff so I can figure out if it'll be possible to hold all three.

I prefer to do doubles first, so I need to start a set up and potential attendee list so I can figure things out from there. Singles for both are definate. Brawl doubles is possible(I really REALLY wanna do doubles).

Spife

Smash Master
Okay, everythings good, I need to fill out a form.
I get the key from them before hand, they'll take the money anytime around the event day (before or after, Ace, want to give me an envelope with the money inside on the 17th so I can give them the money and the key's back at the same time?)
Times are 10AM to 11PM buddy...or something like that, very close to that, I think we're the only ones in the building i.e. I doubt they'll check up on us.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Cool! Welp, if by that time I don't have something else going on, I'll be more than willing to come, even if I know that I'll probably be getting kicked around the block by a lot of you. One of the best ways to get better at the game is to lose to someone better than you! And that's a fact!

P.S. I hope that there'll be better directions by that point. Yeah... that's it...

BombermanFanatic

Smash Cadet
I'll be there. I go to college in Greenfield, and I know a bunch of smashers there. I'll spread the word.
Af for the count, I have Myself and at least 2 other people as a definate.

I'm willing to supply a wii, and some controllers. I live close by, so I'm willing to help set up, and help you out in any way I can.

Spife

Smash Master
I'll be there. I go to college in Greenfield, and I know a bunch of smashers there. I'll spread the word.
Af for the count, I have Myself and at least 2 other people as a definate.

I'm willing to supply a wii, and some controllers. I live close by, so I'm willing to help set up, and help you out in any way I can.
Who are you!? I'm making a post for drama but I'll PM you now. I too go to a college in Greenfield and since I can only think of one college in greenfield.....SUPA SMASHUA BAHTULLLL!!!!!

Edit: I keep forgetting,
A) a lot of people play brawl
B) not everyone plays melee
C) Smashers aren't as rare as I think they are
D) Melee players are as rare as I think they are :urg:

MegaMan087

Smash Apprentice
So I might have missed this in the above posts, but I don't think so... Where in Greenfield is this being held? I'm in college over in Fitchburg and I'm going to see if i can round up a few people to head on over.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I'll be going even if I have to drive myself... If I don't have to drive myself chances are I can bring a full setup with me. I would say 50-50 chance of setup.

Spife

Smash Master
It's at Four Rivers Charter School, which is on the main road infront of GCC.

Banks

Smash Hero
oooh,

is /THE/ banks going to be here too!?

Haha, don't worry, I am going to force people to come and play,
even against their will,
and even if I gotta do somethings that I will be ashamed of.
I'm THE banks, and I'm gonna try to go in all my "9th in New England" glory*. we can play and be bro's most definitely. I **** in melee and commit mild sexual assault in brawl.

*yes spife, cpu's & friends, i know LOL.

anyone from northern ME if you are going down contact me/th0rn about this.

Spife

Smash Master
I'm THE banks, and I'm gonna try to go in all my "9th in New England" glory*. we can play and be bro's most definitely. I **** in melee and commit mild sexual assault in brawl.

*yes spife, cpu's & friends, i know LOL.

anyone from northern ME if you are going down contact me/th0rn about this.
I <3 banks and his rankings and his cpu's and friends.
I wish I could be ranked, but alas, I don't have enough cpu's/friends. Eitherway I beat lvl 9 foxs all the time and zeldas/sheiks so i can beat you

Banks

Smash Hero
that my friend, is FLAWLESS LOGIC

actually, you probably are ranked on the best link main list, only it hasn't been created or is invisible. We'll find it someday though!

Spife

Smash Master
that my friend, is FLAWLESS LOGIC

actually, you probably are ranked on the best link main list, only it hasn't been created or is invisible. We'll find it someday though!
top 10 for sure!

Top Bottom