• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 10 SSB Brawl Augusta, GA

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
Cost: $5.00 Entry Fee
$10.00 Tournament Fee

Date: January 10, 2009

Times:
Doors open at 11:00am
Registration at 11:00am
Tournament will start at 1:00pm

1824 Wylds Rd
Augusta, GA 30909

Winnings:
1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

TOURNAMENT RULES:
General rules:
3 Stock

8 minute timer

Items are set to "off" and "none"

All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

The player initiating the suicide manuever to end a match is determined the winner.

Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
Stalling is banned.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stages

Neutral:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville

Counter:
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Halberd
Brinstar
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Norfair
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Pokemon 1
Luigis Mansion
Corneria

-NO Refunds
-BYOC (Bring Your Own Controller) TC will Not Provide many. So Please bring your own
controller, Also No Modded controllers and No Macro button controllers.
-player from the winners bracket finals only needs to win one set while the winner of the
loser bracket finals needs to win two sets

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
We always range over 20 people at our Brawl tournaments and we always have a blast. Come out and test your skills. We love it when the one who talks the most trash gets pwnd by the quit one in the corner. lol

DigtalCracHead

Smash Cadet
I am getting email after email about this tournament. I hope they all come out. We always have a blast when we hold the Brawl tournaments.

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably bringing 4(?) others along with myself.

EDIT: Is there a separate charge for teams? As in 10 for that event as well?

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
I might be there a little after 11 A.M. As long as I register before 1 P.M., I'm good, right?

Or will there be a limit of people to come?

Top Bottom