• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NO KOAST v1 Brawl Tournament - 2/21/09 Wichita, KS (First MW-West Circuit Event!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Kansas Hosts Smash

Saturday February 21st, 2009
Wichita, KS

Hosted by ICTGaming.com
_____________________________________________​

WE REALLY NEED MORE SETUPS!!
BRING AS MANY AS YOU CAN!!!​

Time and Place:

Time: Registration will start at 10:00 am and Singles Pools will start at 11:00 am. There will be a quick 30-minute lunch break right after pools are completed. Doubles will begin right after Singles Pools; Singles Bracket start whenever Doubles completed.

GET HERE AT 10:00am!
We want to run this event smoothly without any time constraint issues.

Place: All Star Sports West: http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=A...ngitude=-97.439478&geocode=ADDRESS&id=8329535

Other Details: The tournament will be held in the Ballroom across from the arcade, next to the Go Karts.
Feel free to walk around and do whatever; just be sure to be present for your matches.

There are plenty of restaurants near, including Chipotle, McDonald's, Arby's, Taco Bell, KFC, Wendy's, Spangle's, and others.

You will not go hungry. Trust me :)

Entry Fee:

* $10 Entry for Singles

* $5 Entry for Teams ($10 per team)

* NO REFUNDS!!! It messes up the pot amount.

Prizes:

* 60/30/10 Pot Split

* 10% Cut Towards Championship Pot

General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Double Elimination

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Meta Knight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):

1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Stage List

Starter

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
Pokémon Stadium 1 (Melee)
Lylat Cruise
Delfino Plaza

Counter-Pick

Castle Siege
Halberd
Brinstar
Norfair
Corneria
Frigate Orpheon
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Pictochat
Green Greens
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise

_____________________________________________​

If you have any questions, give either me or InfernoRage a call. Leave a message if we don't answer or we WON'T call you back:

Affinity________(316) 390-4741
InfernoRage____(316) 522-2788

Hope to see you there!

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
**** yeah, we rule. I'm assuming some people here are going of course, but this is a preliminary list of participants that will hopefully grow as we go along.

Kansas
Affinity
Inferno
Karmacide
KY
BoJangles
ChaosTheoryX
StealthRaptor
Domo
Clel
Steeler
Zeton
BoRn
Holms
Mr. Doom
Supergamer
Tempest
Ratman
Fragbait
Tanooki
Blake
Artikfox
Aqua4Ever
Dragonpoet
IkeBo
FRS
Firestorm
Blarg
mjg
TEETH
4do
Pantheon
Degyn Sefer
Timmyftw
T-wrecks
Lord Shien
Scribbles
Temper
Eddy​

Oklahama
Omega Star
Sars Pirate
Hazygoose
Gravity
Kos-Mos
GMo
Kpeezy
DAM
Po Pimpus
Shade
Afro
Zax
Le Thien
Chuck Nasty
FK
X A​

Missouri
ASC
Ironboots
Loubega
Legan
Metal Music Man
Kit
8bit
Arkive Zero
Thinkaman
Tanooki​

Texas
Dojo*
Dphat
Infinity
Light
Badnewsbear
Dr Mario Guy
ICE
UTDZac
Bwett​

*-People who might come but are unconfirmed​

EQUIPMENT TRACKING LIST

ASC & Ironboots - 2 wiis, 2 TVs
Thinkaman - 1 wii, 1 TV
Inferno - 2 TVs
Bojangles - 1 Wii, 2 TVs
Holms - 1 Wii, 1 TV
StealthRaptor - 1 Wii, 1 TV
Sars Pirate - ? Wiis, 2(possibly) TVs
X A - 1 Wii
Supergamer - 1 Wii, 1 TV
Chaos TheoryX - 1 Wii
Clel - 1 Wii, 1 TV
Affinity - 1 Wii
Steeler - 1 Wii, 1TV
Zeton - 1 Wii
4do - 1 Wii, 1 TV
Kit - 1 Wii, 1 TV
Timmyftw - 1 Wii
T-wrecks - 1 Wii
Pantheon - 1 tv
BoRn - 1 Wii 1 TV
Scribbles - 1 wii 1 tv​

Total - 19+ Wiis, 20 TVs​

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Should we start a confirmation list and inform other area boards of this? I think it'd be a good idea to do so asap.

Fino

Smash Master
I will tag a long as much of the KC crew as I can. That would include me, arkive zero, and 8bit (forsure... *tourney whores* lol), as well as blake, jace, and artik. I'll point it out to other people in our area as well. I'm excited :D
btw, props for using my color :D
Also, don't you think the entry fee should be larger for the scale tournament you guys are planing. 5 for teams seems like nothing. Also, I've been to 30-40 people tournaments that have had $10-$15... I'm sure you guys could go $15 ;) I'm just saying... larger pot will attract a larger crowd. Also, no venue fee... another reason you could get away with 15

~Fino

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I think I'll just edit my post under Affinity's to include any confirmed participants as we go along. As for the larger fee, 10 is normal. We don't need to charge extra for the venue since it's free. Usually larger fees are there to cover fees, but we don't have any. All the out of state tournaments I've been to was 5 per person for teams, and if we charge more there's already been complaints just amongst us locals at paying that much.

Legan

Smash Lord
Sweet, this is how you do it, give enough headway for me to clear my schedule. Ive already called off work for this date Count me in and a possible 3-5 others.

MuBa

Smash Lord
Dude I'm down with this shiz so I can own everyone. Who wants to team up with a good Snake player here? Good players plz!

Edit: Fino quit being gay and put me back on your AIM list.

Fino

Smash Master
Dude I'm down with this shiz so I can own everyone. Who wants to team up with a good Snake player here? Good players plz!

Edit: Fino quit being gay and put me back on your AIM list.
lulz, whoops... I forgot XD
This kid right here is about to die from anticipation... and it's not even close to time yet. lol.

~Fino

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
this will be too good. wish there were an A in KOST though, it seems like the tourney is free lol

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If you are going to make a word "held out" it should ALWAYS ALWAYS be done phoneticly. Repeating the p makes it look like you are stuttering. It should say: Yeeeeeeeep. instead of Yepppppp. This is a pet peeve of mine that will haunt me until I die.
lol k

10FutureEnglishTeachersHoundingMyUnworthyGrammer

Cook

Smash Master
I MAY come to this, but Mapquest told me it's a six hour drive; I am not impressed by that fact.

Since my birthday is the 28th would I get in for free?

Cook

Smash Master
Johns!
Hey, this kids johning... everyone tell him no johns
DON'T LET HIM GET AWAY WITH IT!
^^;

~Fino
I'll john all over you. I may still come, it depends on whether gas prices are still awesome and if any of my bros want to come on a bro trip.

Wtf OS a moderator, Whats this world coming too? Dude my bdays feb 28th, Birthday buddies! (dont judge me)
Whoah! You just blew my mind. Since we're b-day buddies I want you to do extra well on the ACT.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Well, Fino that's just how awesome we are. We make men cream their jeans in anticipation.
Don't include me in this...

Hey OS, ya goin? If you do, you should bring Dr. X. with ya. Or just force him to go. But I need ditto practice and there's only maybe 2 good Pits per region. Plz? I'll give ya a dollar =]

EDIT
AND I WANNA PLAY UR METAKNIGHT! I don't believe I forgot to say that. Ooppppppppppps =P
(Did it just to piss off Inferno lawlz)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think i can summarize the problem with "hype" in two words

LOL

KANSAS

imo, we just need to represent well at MWC. people will be itching to get payback on our home turf. :) we should spread the word at MWC to everyone...maybe wearing NO KO(A)ST t-shirts and shiz haha. i'm sure oklahoma and texas will be moderately interested. what we should try to do is become the central hub for bringing the southwest and midwest together, due to our location. advertise it as like...OVERSWARM MEETS HYLIAN. BATTLE OF THE MODS, BATTLE OF THE REGIONS, BATTLE OF THE CENTURYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

ya

that'll work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom