• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

X-Mas Uploaded Charity Event December 20th Edinburg Texas

Magik0722

Smash Champion

Location Cyber Comics
4201 W. Unversity Dr.
Edinburg tx, 78541
956-316-BLAM(2526)

Door fee: 4 cans of food to get in or one unwrapped gift of $6 dollar value or higher will need to be provided to ensure entry.
Tournament fee: 5$ per tournament per person

If you plan to go post in this thread.

smash brawl 1-pm
smash melee 2pm
MvC2 Low tier- 3pm
Guilty Gear AC - 4pm
MvC2- 5pm
SF 3rd strike-6pm
ST HD REMIX- 7pm

Brawl Rules:
General rules:

* 3 Stock

* 8 minute timer

* Items are set to "off" and "none"

* All sets with the possible exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above is recommended for any "finals" matches)

* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.

* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.

* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Random Select
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick
Brinstar
Castle Siege
Corneria
Delfino
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 1
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Additional Rules for Double's Play

* Life Stealing is allowed

* Set team attack to ON

Other Small Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.

* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime or the sudden death will be played out. The TO needs to decide which of these will be used before the tournament. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.

* Color Blind rule: Should a player have a color-based disability, he or she may request in a teams match to have a specific color for their team. This is so characters such as Lucario or Sonic can be granted the blue team so that there is not unnecessary confusion.

* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.

* Pirated copies of Brawl or modded Wii consoles will not be used for tournament matches.

were also making this a Cosplay day, dress up as an anime or video game character for a chance to win 2 free passes to OMNICON 09.
a new anime convention that has appeared in the rio grande valley.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AczvTZK7qs0

For rules for other games go to the shoryuken thread here

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?p=5829369#post5829369

Magik0722

Smash Champion
Expected players

RGV
Magik
Gus
Broly
*Shenjun
**Mikey
Probably the entire RGV

San Antonio
*GreyFox
*Suspect
*T-Rex

*Maybe
**Mikey

shenjun

Smash Rookie
i would go. ive actually been playing guilty gear, and looking for tournaments. Ive laid back a bit on brawl but i might make it, i hope so. Saturdays arent so great for me lol... sorry but I'll try to attend.

Sudai

Stuff here
What? Where'd you hear that LA is coming to this? That's a 12 hour drive from Baton Rouge and most of us drive to BR from elsewhere and all leave from there. :X

defsithe

Smash Ace
interesting i might attend depends on my condition of my van. i hope melee gets a bigger audience. i guess i can ewhore it on the rgv smash myspace

Sudai

Stuff here
o.o

Where'd I say it? I probably misunderstood something when you asked me. No harm no foul either way, but I am sorry about misleading you on accident. *bows*

Sudai

Stuff here
Ah, yeah. That one was all my fault. I thought you were asking if I were going to FS5 since I mentioned that one just before. Sorry for the confusion. ^^;

Top Bottom