• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iceblock QUICKDRAW and cancel *UPDATE*

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
I got it

Alright I spent like 2 hours in practice mode and I finally figured out how to do that... and it is DEFINITELY not worth the time lol.

Its kinda hard to explain, but essentially the IC will not do the little hop with the IB when you are still technically jumping. There are a few frames during the start of the fall right after a jump where you are still technically "jumping" and therefore wont do the little hop. So in your case what happened is the IC didn't do the hop, and hit the platform in the middle of the animation and it canceled the attack. And even when this happens it is still possible for the attack to launch anyway.

After 2 hours of messing with this concept and practicing my alt throws when I got frustrated :) I have concluded that if this is the only way to actually perform this IB cancel, then it is not worth the time. The entire time I managed to actually do the cancel twice... the timing is just too precise to actually do it... just think of it as something that might happen that might be a kinda mind game on your opponent.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
hey thanks for bringing so much time up^^

so there´s no use of it? hm.
**** i wanna do that at will ^^ so i need to press the b button right after my falling animation begins?

Stray Element

Smash Cadet
If you do it just as you start falling, the only thing that will happen is u wont hop when you shoot the IB... if you want it to cancel you have to land at JUST THE RIGHT TIME. So much so that as I said, after a few hours of it I only managed to actually do it two times :D.

Bnzaaa

Smash Ace
So that's what I did before.

I managed to shoot a dysynched Ice Block, followed by quick synched Ice Blocks.

I mean, the Ice Block Cancel thing has been there since Melee, but like you've shown in the video, I did the platform drop dysynch with the Ice Block and made Nana shoot it. I've done this twice on sloped terrain, and my opponent didn't know what to do.

It makes so much sense now :laugh:.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
1. Go to the Wi-Fi Practice Stage.
2. Fall down the stage.
3. Once you end up on the death-platform thing, shoot Ice Shots immediately twice and both Popo and Nana should do it at the same time and Nana shouldn't use it after Popo.
4. The result after the 2nd Ice Shot is, maybe no lag, and they just shoot the Ice Blocks with no start up lag. Also when doing this, Nana makes a weird squeaky sound instead of her normal voice when she usually shoots the Ice Blocks.

It's like Link and TL's Arrow Cancel, no lag (probably) and they just shoot it without no startup lag.

I think that's another Ice Block Cancel... but I don't know the timing though.

Top Bottom