• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Welcome to Melbourne's Super Smash Bros. Brawl Thread.

If you were looking for STIGMA-Melee then visit http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=95746

As you may have realized, two games per tournament is too difficult and time consuming for one day so we have decided to separate the two:

Smash Tournament In Great Melbourne Australia for Melee (STIGMA-M) and
Smash Tournament In Great Melbourne Australia for Brawl (STIGMA-B).

So while CAOTIC runs the Melee tournaments every month, X and I will be running Brawl tournaments to make for some epic bi-weeklies for the duration of 2009.

This is so Smashers can get their monthly fix on their preferred game without any conflict of the two. Obviously, you can attend both but I believe this way is easier for the Smashers who don't want to sit through a whole Brawl singles tournament just to play a few competitive games of Melee and vice versa.

So here I bring you:

DATE AND TIME

Date: Season will commence February 2010

*stay posted*

*To keep things running as smoothly as possible, strictly NO friendlies are allowed whilst the tournament is running. If you feel you must play friendlies, arrive early and do it then. Consequences will occur to those who are found playing friendlies during tournament times.

**At the Convent there are a number of places to buy food and drinks including a kickass bakery and a cafe that allows you to pay whatever you feel like. More like a donation than a price. There's a bar there too for you Smashers who need their alcohol fix.

***Doors must be locked by 11pm. That gives approx. 2 hours for the smashers who like to hang around after the tournament to play friendlies and pack their things.

The tournament will be held at the Abbotsford Convent Foundation.
1 St Heliers Street, Abbotsford VIC 3067

MELWAY REFERENCE: 44 G5

The Abbotsford Convent

"The Abbotsford Convent is an extraordinary place and is fast becoming an important arts, educational and cultural precinct in Melbourne. Just 4 kilometres from Melbourne CBD, its 11 historic buildings, gardens and car park are spread over 6.8 hectares in a sweeping bend in the Yarra River and are surrounded by the Collingwood Children's Farm and Yarra Bend Park."

Getting there via Train: Victoria Park station on the Epping and Hurstbridge lines is the closest railway station to the Abbotsford Convent. Please note that some services express past Victoria Park station. Once out of the station and on Johnston St, walk east (away from the City) down Johnston St for around 12 minutes to Clarke St. Turn right into Clarke Street (the last right before the Yarra) and left into St Heliers St. The main entrance to Abbotsford Convent is on the right of St Heliers St before you reach the Collingwood Children's farm.

Via Tram: Catch any tram down Victoria St Abbotsford/Richmond and get off at Nicholson St Abbotsford (or Lennox St Richmond). Walk north up Nicholson St all the way to Abbotsford St and turn right. At the end of Abbotsford St turn left into Clarke St and then right into St Heliers St. This is a 20-25 minute walk.

Via Bus: From the City- the 200 City to Doncaster Shoppingtown/ Bulleen, The 201 City to Doncaster Shoppingtown/ Bulleen, and the 207 City to Doncaster Shoppingtown/ Donvale depart from Melbourne Central/ Lonsdale St in the city, run along Lygon St, Elgin St then Johnston St. Alight at Clarke Street bus stop (before Johnston Street crosses the Yarra). Turn right at Clarke St then turn left into St Heliers St. The 205 Melbourne University to Doncaster Shoppingtown begins at Melbourne University then proceeds down Elgin and Johnston St and pasts Clarke St.

Via Car: The Abbotsford Convent is located at the end of St. Heliers St, Abbotsford. The easiest way to get here is to go via Johnston St then onto Clarke St then into St Heliers St (See MELWAYS Ref 44 G5).

All day parking is available in the carpark opposite the site on St Heliers St for $4.00.

THE VENUE

Once you reach the Convent, there will be signs up around the area pointing you in the correct direction.

The Rosina Auditorium

"Deep in the heart of the Rosina building is a beautiful big old Auditorium that lends itself perfectly to rehearsals and workshops for the performing arts. The Rosina Auditorium is a community access space of the Abbotsford Convent. It is ideal for workshops, rehearsals, research and development, warm up and physical classes.

Rosina Auditorium is a large area consisting of a proscenium stage with a dividable back stage area that can be separted by concertina dividing wall, two smaller back rooms and an outdoor courtyard area that is perfect for break outs. It features ground floor access, strong timber floors, mirrored wall with curtains.

The Rosina Auditorium is 22m x 13.5m sq. The height from ceiling to floor is approx 5m. "

THE COST

At registration there will be an entry fee to help pay for the venue. To enter the Singles tournament will cost $5 each. To enter the Doubles tournament will cost $5 per team. That would be $2.50 per person. No payment, no registration it's as simple as that. Every other Brawl related tournament will be free.

RULES

Singles:
1v1
3 stock each
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF and NONE
Best of 3 matches

Doubles:
2v2
3 stock each
8 minute timer
Items set to OFF and NONE
Best of 3 matches
Team Attack set to ON
Life Stealing is allowed

Additional Rules:
- No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
- If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
- Metaknight is NOT banned but his Infinite Cape glitch is.
- If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. Same rule applies for Ganondorf's suicide Flame Choke, Kirby and Dedede's neutral B and Donkey Kong's suicide grab.
- The Ice Climber's infinte chaingrab can only be performed up to 300%, any more after that can and will be considered stalling.
- Dedede cannot play on any stages with a (D) next to it (see stagelist below) unless agreed upon by both players.
- Wii-motes and Classic controllers are allowed, however they are discouraged due to battery life, connection issues, unreliablity and time hindrance. The GameCube controller is preferred.
- The Convent nor the Tournament Organizers are responsible for any lost or damaged equipment eg. TV's, controllers etc. so please take extra care of your belongings and label them if you must.
- Stalling is banned.

For a full detailed view of the rules feel free to visit http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=187735

Players are responsible for knowing the rules. No more than the previous match should be replayed in the event of a rule violation and it is recommended that any disputes be brought promptly and quickly to X's or my attention.

STAGELIST

Neutral Starter
Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville

Counterpicks
Halberd, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Lylat Cruise

Everything else is banned.

PRIZES

There will be cash prizes for the winners of each tournament, the amount depending on the number of people who turn up. Singles will award 1st, 2nd and 3rd with the 60/30/10 method. Doubles will award 1st and 2nd place with the 70/30 method. In the future there will also be novelty prizes (to be decided)

RANKING BATTLES (RANBATS) LIST(As of November '09)
February results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210245&page=42
March results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210245&page=73
April results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210245&page=136
May results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210245&page=170
June results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7749013#post7749013
July results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7954721#post7954721
August results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8221185&posted=1#post8221185
September results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=210245&page=321
October results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8546266&posted=1#post8546266
November results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=8933493&posted=1#post8933493

This is a list of the top 20 best performing Smashers over the 2009 Season of Brawl. This list is not indicative of true skill level.

Singles:
singles
1. Tibz - 68 - Diddy Kong - Mt Waverley
2. Earl - 46 - Metaknight - Greensborough +1
3. Attila - 45 - Snake - Mt Waverley -1
4. Jei - 43 - Pit - Delahey
5. Afropony - 36 - Pit/Metaknight - Elwood
6. Splice - 33 - Mr. Game & Watch - Elwood +1
7. Toshiba - 31 - Diddy Kong/Wario - Ivanhoe -1
8. CAOTIC - 19 - Peach - East Melbourne
9. Devil - 18 - Wolf/Lucario - Wittlesea +3
10. Nicks - 18 - Wario/Metaknight - Heidelberg -1
11. Tanman - 17 - Sonic - Bendigo -1
12. Cobalt - 16 - Metaknight/Dedede - Noble Park -1
13. Haydino - 14 - Mr. Game & Watch - Balwyn
14. Nixernator - 12 - Zero Suit Samus - Caulfield South
15. Swordsaint - 12 - Snake/Metaknight/Falco - Sydney
16. Amaterasu - 9 - Metaknight - Gold Coast
17. Nick - 9 - Marth - Mt Eliza
18. Dekar - 8 - Mr. Game & Watch/Marth - Boronia
19. Khoa - 8 - Diddy Kong/Metaknight/Falco - Burnside
20. Ledge - 8 - Olimar/Lucario - Moorabin
Doubles:
doubles
1. Tibz - 74 - Diddy Kong - Mt Waverley +1
2. Attila - 64 - Snake - Mt Waverley -1
3. Jei - 46 - Pit/Yoshi - Delahey
4. Earl - 40 - Metaknight - Greensborough
5. Nicks - 40 - Wario/Metaknight - Heidelberg
6. Khoa - 24 - Metaknight - Burnside +1
7. Afropony - 22 - Metaknight/Pit - Elwood -1
8. Splice - 22 - Mr. Game & Watch - Elwood +2
9. Toshiba - 22 - Wario/Diddy Kong - Ivanhoe +3
10. Ledge - 20 - Olimar - Moorabin -2
11. Tak - 20 - Fox - Scoresby -2
12. CAOTIC - 16 - Peach/Wolf - East Melbourne -1
13. Tanman - 16 - Mr. Game & Watch/Donkey Kong - Bendigo -1
14. Devil - 12 - Wolf - Whittlesea
15. Bryan - 10 - Peach - Mt. Waverley NEW
16. Dekar - 10 - Mr. Game & Watch/Marth - Boronia -1
17. Edge Games - 10 - Sheik - Bendigo NEW
18. Joey Joey Joe Joe - 10 - Snake/Pokemon Trainer - Ivanhoe NEW
19. Leisha - 10 - Lucas - Whittlesea -3
20. Meteor Master - 10 - Ness - Sydney -3
Apologies for the slackness, a properly made image for the Ranbats will be made once Vermy's computer is working again :)

UPCOMING EVENTS

MELBOURNE MAJOR TOURNAMENT 2010!!! X and I are cooking up a little somethin' somethin' set for early 2010. Plans are still being made but with some help we can make this huge. Will be accepting volunteers once we confirm a few details. Yummy.

STIGMA-B 2010
Shifted from Sundays to Saturdays, we will be returning for another season of Brawl. A name change may be in order aswell as a much needed addition of Melee. We'll see shall we? Looks like another healthy year of Smashing for the Melbourne Scene. Stay posted.

CONTACT

If you have any questions at all, please contact me or X via PM or the following.

MSN: jei.varas@gmail.com
Mobile: 0432 043 681

MSN: masterx__@hotmail.com
Email: jesse.ryan.olver@gmail.com
Mobile: 0401 932 000

Or if you are after a custom STIGMA-B t-shirt to be made then you can contact Vermy.
MSN: darkvermiis@hotmail.com
Mobile: 0438 666 804

Dekar289

Smash Hero
bi weeklies? fap fap fap
brawl? *crickets*
jei and x? fap fap fap

_X_

Smash Lord
While this is still in the works we're happy to take suggestions as to any part of the running/location (or anything really) that will involve these Brawl Monthlies, the Stigma series.

Suggested entry would be five (5) dollars considering the venue Jei and I discussed is top notch.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS!!

Moar news as it comes folks.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Thankyou ComboTurtle, whoever you are ^_^ I'll look forward to seeing you there. You seem to be a big fan of Brawl.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
i love the game i feel like it involves lots of different skills and is a top quality competitive game. cant wait to test my skills against the best in melbourne :D

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
GJ Jei. You could make that imagine not stretch the screen though ;\

Also is the venue close to an interstate frigette (you know, the coal/port shipment ones) trains that I can store away into to avoid large fees?

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
lol what, Why the exclusion IceK, Nay and myself :(, we're hella usefull and stuff
and IceK has so much spare time now lulz

_X_

Smash Lord
GJ Jei. You could make that imagine not stretch the screen though ;\

Also is the venue close to an interstate frigette (you know, the coal/port shipment ones) trains that I can store away into to avoid large fees?
If it is anywhere near the city (and Southern Cross Station) it should be too much. A train to Sydney should set you back too much (although from personal experience it isn't very confutable). Really depends how far you're willing to go. I'm sure someone would be willing to host you for the weekend or whatever if you want to come down a few times.

lol what, Why the exclusion IceK, Nay and myself :(, we're hella usefull and stuff
and IceK has so much spare time now lulz
You guys are no good, none of you possess the will of the warrior like Jei and myself.

P.S: I'll be working on a multi-media project promoting Stigma-B with stories and interviews from people and players in the scene.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Well I was hoping for a quirky coincidence.

If QLD is going to be having the brawl at DJ Cat's place, which is right next to a freight trainline (QLD->Sydney) it would have been convenient if melbourne's new shindig was on a freight trainline too. It would be cool, just be like a hobo inside a train carriage not built for passengers; choking on coal smoke constantly, good times.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
P.S: I'll be working on a multi-media project promoting Stigma-B with stories and interviews from people and players in the scene.
X is FULL ON INTO THIS lol.

I need to speak to a few ppl then I can hopefully get the details up for everyone.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Updated Ranbat Rankings - Top 8 2008:

1. Cobalt - 75 - Noble Park - Metaknight/Snake ***season points winner***
2. Redact - 46 - Blackburn - King Dedede/Captain Olimar
3. CAOTIC - 38 - East Melbourne - Wolf/Peach
4. Jei - 36 - Delahey - Pit
5. Erick - 36 - Altona - Falco
6. X - 29 - Nunawading - Fox
7. Amaterasu - 27 - Mt. Waverley - Meta Knight
8. Ice K - 24 - Blackburn - Falco

These guys will automatically gain entry into the finals bracket for the 2008 Ranbat Finals to be held in Deakin University (that's in East Burwood/Box Hill South areas ~ omg surburbia!) sometime in January!

The championship bracket will be a top-16 bracket, so everyone else will have to fight their way through the open bracket to place top 8 to get into the champ bracket

Details to follow.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
**** Dekar just didn't make it to the top 8!
I think it's safe to say Erick won't be coming to this so I think Dekar should be in ^_^

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Updated Ranbat Rankings - Top 8 2008:

1. Cobalt - 75 - Noble Park - Metaknight/Snake ***season points winner***
sigh I barely used MK (in singles). Only in 2 out of 9 monthlies had I used him and that was at most against 2 people each time.
If you can change it, please put only Falco up there. He deserves the most credit for my points. If you're gonna keep Snake, ICs should also be there as they are on par for credit. Thanks in advance.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
sigh I barely used MK (in singles). Only in 2 out of 9 monthlies had I used him and that was at most against 2 people each time.
If you can change it, please put only Falco up there. He deserves the most credit for my points. If you're gonna keep Snake, ICs should also be there as they are on par for credit. Thanks in advance.
lol i'm listed as Marth/Kirby despite never using Marth in any brawl tournament match at all :)

_X_

Smash Lord

Gords

Smash Champion
Ill be trying to get to as many of these as possible during 2009. also same for the melee ones. may have to alternate between the two games though as a trip to VIC twice a month maybe on the expensive side for me for at least the first 6months of the year.

Atticus

Smash Journeyman
yeah i'm a marth player in melee, but it's the brawl ranbat rankings we're talking about

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
thank god i will atcullay beable to go to one of these next year,because metallica are touring here next year so i can come up to melbourne to play some smash,just thought you'd like to know.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
updated Ranbat Rankings - Top 8 2008:

1. Cobalt - 75 - Noble Park - Metaknight/snake ***season Points Winner***
2. Redact - 46 - Blackburn - King Dedede/captain Olimar
3. Caotic - 38 - East Melbourne - Wolf/peach
4. Jei - 36 - Delahey - Pit
5. Erick - 36 - Altona - Falco
6. X - 29 - Nunawading - Fox
7. Amaterasu - 27 - Mt. Waverley - Meta Knight
8. Ice K - 24 - Blackburn - Falco

These Guys Will Automatically Gain Entry Into The Finals Bracket For The 2008 Ranbat Finals To Be Held In Deakin University (that's In East Burwood/box Hill South Areas ~ Omg Surburbia!) Sometime In January!

The Championship Bracket Will Be A Top-16 Bracket, So Everyone Else Will Have To Fight Their Way Through The Open Bracket To Place Top 8 To Get Into The Champ Bracket

Details To Follow.
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

_X_

Smash Lord
Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
Yeah, it's a bit like that.

thank god i will atcullay beable to go to one of these next year,because metallica are touring here next year so i can come up to melbourne to play some smash,just thought you'd like to know.
Metal.

yeah i'm a marth player in melee, but it's the brawl ranbat rankings we're talking about
Just kidding man.

Ill be trying to get to as many of these as possible during 2009. also same for the melee ones. may have to alternate between the two games though as a trip to VIC twice a month maybe on the expensive side for me for at least the first 6months of the year.
Epic trips man, hope to see you there though, reppin' Sydney.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's not for the wifi thingie. It's for the monthly ranbats.

I'm not sure how many ranbats Amaterasu hasn't attended due to the fact that he lives in QLD while he is studying, but it's just funny that he is able to place in the top 8 despite not living in the region.

At the same time, it's actually quite reflective of his skill. That when he is in town, he is able to own it up.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
He's been to 3 out of 10 ~ got 3rd, 2nd and 1st for each one respectively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom