• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splice

Smash Hero
yeah try it out, if you live near condog then I'm sure he'll let you swing by so you and don can practice against me and ted ;)
Haha Live near Connor, that's a good one.

but yeah I've teamed with don a little bit and his Zelda is quite good in teams, its great support.
his DK is **** too but I know he doesnt like DK in doubles so much.
Yeah didn't think he'd like DK in doubles, didn't sound good to me at first but apparently they have really good survivability together and both can kill well.

and yes I am only Australian.
It's a burden, luke, one we all carry together =_=
<-- face of wisdom

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oh so you wanna fight then huh?
fine I get pickle shurikans and you get a whip made out of lots of banana peels tied together

Vermy

Smash Champion
This thread has taken a weird turn. These boys chatting on about rough housing using bananas and pickles. O_o

Cannot wait for this.
I still intended on having a cosplay comp, but how many people will actually participate?

tibs7

Smash Champion
EA should totally come to this just for the cosplaying, its an auto-win for him.

Sieg

Smash Champion
Cosplay is great but you guys need something new lol.

I wish I could come down. I'd totally cosplay.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
There'd be no chance of getting into the singles tourny at like 6pm right?
I wanna go but alas I'm busy during the day. Maybe come down for some friendlies to get the rust off.

Toby.

Smash Master
Don't worry, I already knew that you guys weren't there.

And I'm sure jei and splice have improved a lot since then as well.

I linked it to emphasize the fact that we don't really have any strong regions as such...just a handful of good players in each one. This is why we need to form a smash state :)

Splice

Smash Hero
lol Toby, i was being sarcastic you know?

Also that tourney was actually one of the worst tournies, there was no accomplishment in that win. I played better at the tourney two months prior where i placed 3rd. That tourney taught me to Dair all the time, coz every person got ***** by it, except Afropony. But I'm recovering from that and now I'm almost back to not Dairing too much, or at least doing it properly.

Also if we made a smash state, it'd still only have a handful of good players.

To attila : You are right, we have no comeback to this. The fact that you, tibs and cao weren't at this tourney also doesn't save it anymore, so don't try to elevate yourself, none of you except maybe tibs are that far ahead of the entire scene anyway.

Splice

Smash Hero
But did you know I was implying that you guys are better than us, is what i meant?
I mean it was pretty subtle, in fact i'd go as far as saying I hardly implied it at all, but i did.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
soz splice, i didnt realise how harsh that might have sounded.

although i will mention that im the only one who beats tibs on an anywhere near consistent basis (i sent him to losers or knocked him out at 3 of our last 5 tourneys). i also seem to beat shaya fairly consistently.

when i criticized the match, it was mainly because of the amount of dair that went unpunished. which you seem to be rectifying in your game anyway, so dont let it knock you. we all know youre better than that.

Splice

Smash Hero

although i will mention that im the only one who beats tibs on an anywhere near consistent basis (i sent him to losers or knocked him out at 3 of our last 5 tourneys). i also seem to beat shaya fairly consistently.

when i criticized the match, it was mainly because of the amount of dair that went unpunished. which you seem to be rectifying in your game anyway, so dont let it knock you. we all know youre better than that.
Im not offended. Just letting you know that you arent anything special either.
(despite us only having played 2 matches! :( have some more at this Nov stigma for sure yeah ;) )

C~Dog

Smash Champion

What happened to you man, you used to be cool. Japan has corrupted poor, poor atilla. D;

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Regarding that vid: I haven't been good at this game since end of last year :(
I still fail so much against GnW. Obviously.
That little boy defeats me every time.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I'm leaving now for Sydney. I will gather all the information i can about our enemy, and bring it back. While there i will have no means of outside contact, so if i am not back in three days...consider me dead.

Toby.

Smash Master
I think I'll quote my self @3:41 in the same video and say "NICE DI ******"

I heard about how Sydney runs their show anyway... I also hear no one give a **** about finals and there's no motivation to win.

Clearly Perth have better players anyway. And they have proof too. Oh wait, who came second?
I really can't tell whether you are serious or not.

When you say that no one gives a **** about finals, are you still talking about Sydney? I'm pretty sure there's motivation to win in all finals matches everywhere in the country.

If you're actually being serious about that last line, then I'm sure you didn't understand what I was saying at all.

Hopefully you were joking :(

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
that in reference to when we went up to our tournament there... a grand total of 4 people watched me and ted in the grand finals, despite the fact that there were in excess of 25 people in the room. and brawl doubles was canceled after two rounds because no one could be bothered with it any more (i actually think its more 'fun' than singles.

so yeah, thats whats hes talking about. and i dont think we're not that much better imo (although there is normally at least 10 people watching me and tibs in the finals lol).

and at jei, i know youve improved since then, as i had already said to splice, that was a while ago, and we've all improved. im embarrassed of most of my youtube vids too...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
It depends how much hype a tournament gets. No hype = no finals spectators.

Easy.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
To attila : You are right, we have no comeback to this. The fact that you, tibs and cao weren't at this tourney also doesn't save it anymore, so don't try to elevate yourself, none of you except maybe tibs are that far ahead of the entire scene anyway.
You serious? Attila would have won rocky imo.

Atlasmist

Smash Journeyman
im pretty sure melbourne is still the best in australia for the simple fact we have both quality and quantity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom