• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

agidius's MYM4 SSE: The Root of all Evil

Agi

Smash Lord
Link to original post: [drupal=866]agidius's MYM4 SSE (to be named later)[/drupal]

This will be my first shot at an SSE, so lets see how this turns out.

I'm looking for about 50 characters to start out with. Some of them will be pulled from the existing roster, but most will be actual submissions to MYM4, with possible guest appearances from MYM3. So, let's get this started!

The Root of all Evil

1: AI Colonel by MasterWarlord
2: Aladdin by ~Cruxis~
3: Alucard by Tanookie
4: Ashencroft by Chris Lionheart
5: Audrey II by Zook
6: Black Doom by Hyper_Ridley
7: Breloom by Iron Thorn
8: Cael Shadowbane by Storm Ray X
9: Death by Hyper_Ridley
10: Dexter by Akiak
11: Dimentio by MasterWarlord
12: Dracula by Chief Mendez
13: Gaara by TWILTHERO
14: General Grievous by Hyper_Ridley
15: Harkinian, the King of Hyrule by Spadefox
16: Jafar by KingK.Rool
17: The Joker by MasterWarlord
18: Kalas by TWILTHERO
19: Kid Goku by TheSundanceKid
20: Kirby
21: King Dedede
22: Klump & Krusha by MasterWarlord and BKupa666
23: L by TheSundanceKid
24: Link
25: Little Red Riding Hood by Tanookie
26: Lucas
27: Luigi
28: Mach Rider by Chief Mendez
29: Maria Renard by Tanookie
30: Mario
31: Mega Man by Chief Mendez
31a: MM9: Megaman by Junahu
32: Meta Knight
33: Mist by Chris Lionheart
34: Mr. Game & Watch
35: Ness
36: O'Chunks by ~Cruxis~
37: Olimar
38: Paper Mario (MYM 2 Winner)
39: Paula by PKSkyler (MYM 3)
40: Peach
41: Porky by PKSkyler (MYM 3)
42: Protoman.exe by SonicBoom2
42a: Protoman by SirKibble
43: Rock & Roll by ~Cruxis~
44: Roomba by hyperhopper
45: Sakurai by TheSundanceKid

46: Salsa & Fassad by Weldar
47: Scizor by UnSaxon51
48: Simirror by agidius
49: Snake
50: Sonic
51: Spawn by Chris Lionheart
52: Stickman by Akiak
53: Super Star Helpers by SirKibble
54: Tails by PCHU
55: Tails Doll by dancingfrogman
56: Trunks by TWILTHERO
57: Waddle Dee by Snowstalker
58: Wario
59: Wispa by Junahu

60: Wolf
61: Zelda/Sheik

Latecomers
1: Ed by Mardyke

General Grievous, Roomba, and Trunks win special recognition for being the same number alphabetically as they were chronologically.

Due to situations at home, updates will only occur on the weekends for the most part. However, with the holiday vacation approaching, updates will occur more frequently.

Prologue

Featuring: Sakurai, Roomba. Master Hand

The camera fades in from black, and we find ourselves lying on the ground; the camera tilted at a 90o angle and close to the ground. A rumble is heard, and a dust cloud begins to form on the right side of the screen, coming down the path. You pull yourself to your feet, and the camera separates from the 1st person perspective to zoom in on the dust cloud. A figure is made out, and after refocusing once or twice, identified as Sakurai. Two Roombas are strapped to his feet, giving him this ungodly speed, but that's unimportant. As he passes by the location where the body had been lying, the one on his left foot shorts out, causing him to spin out of control and crash into the ground, tripping over a vine. A slight ripple can be seen from the shorted Roomba as it quivers, and then dies, the power-on light turning to red. Sakurai, the emotional person that he is, takes the dead Roomba off his foot and throws it into a nearby rock, muttering "Worthless piece of junk..."
Sakurai then takes the other one off his foot, and continues walking down the path, towards a Victorian-style house. The other Roomba follows behind Sakurai, at a respectful distance due to the newly-displayed hostility. The camera pans out to the tilted perspective of the abandoned Roomba, watching the pair stroll down the path. It his picked up by a well-defined pair of hands, and pulled upwards out of the camera's view.

Stage 1: The Road Home
Playable Characters: Sakurai, Roomba
Stock: 3

This is a very straight-forward stage, its main purpose serving to introduce newcomers to the intricacies of the Subspace Emissary, such as switches, breakable terrain, etc. Enemies are infrequent, and include Goombas, Koopas, and various woodland creatures. The final exit is the gate in front of Sakurai's house.

Upon reaching home, Sakurai is displeased, yet unsurprised, to see that his pet goldfish has died. It's been a while since he came back... Filling up a new bowl, he puts it on top of the stack, and fishes out a replacement goldfish from a nearby pond, putting it in the new bowl. Sakurai then feeds his cat using another one of the replacement goldfishes, and lets it outside. Meanwhile, the Roomba plugs into the wall to recharge. Logging on to his computer, he notices his inbox is completely full of hatemail about tripping and exclusion of characters. He is about to hit "Delete All" when suddenly, there's a loud knock at his door. He rushes to the microwave, puts in a cup of Ichiraku's Instant Ramen, and checks the door. Opening it, he sees Master Hand floating outside, the dead, now revived, Roomba in his outstretched palm. Sakurai reaches out towards it, but is warded off by Master Hand, who points toward a specific point on the Roomba, motioning Sakurai to take a look. The point of interest, unfortunately, is blocked to the viewer. As the camera pans out, we can see the contorted look on Sakurai's face before inviting Master Hand in to talk about it over the ramen noodles. The camera fades, once more near the ground, with quick-sprouting weeds growing in the foreground.

Chapter 1; Part 1: Genius by Design

Featuring: Sakurai, Master Hand, Dexter, King Dedede, Waddle Dee, Parasol Waddle Dee

Back at Sakurai's house, we come in on the conversation between Master Hand and Sakurai just as they finish it. They are sitting (floating) at his dinner table, a cup of Instant Noodles for each of them. Wrapping it all up, Master Hand says, "Despite the circumstances, there is still hope. I have already begun working out a team of researchers, and... what are you DOING?" Sakurai has tied his blanket around his neck and pulled open the window. Jumping out of it, he shrieks "I MUST RECOVER!" Performing a quick facepalm, (just try envisioning that), Master Hand flies out the door and catches him just before he hits the ground. "Sakurai," he says, "There are enemies everywhere. You are too valuable to risk... I didn't want to do this, but I have to. You're coming with me." Master Hand has turned his back on Sakurai during this monologue, enabling him to sneak back into the house. When Master Hand turns around expectantly, he sees that he has gone missing, and expects the worse. Going back inside, he sees that Sakurai is back on the computer, checking his Email again. Chuckling a bit at this, Master Hand continues to watch him while finishing the ramen, polishing off Sakurai's as well.
In the interim since he last checked his mail, 15 new messages have came into his Inbox. Sighing once more, he manages to hit the "Delete All" button this time before picking up his goldfish and heading out the door with Master Hand, taking a back-up package of ramen with him. After watching the pair walk out the door, the camera turns to do an extreme close-up on the computer, zooming in until we are literally inside the machine. Following various wires, going through the router, then the modem, and finally through the internet, we find ourselves in a massive digital world, all rotating around a central column. (okay, I worded it horribly. you all know what I'm talking about.) The camera spots the "Message Deleted" signal from Sakurai's computer, and begins tracking it. It moves faster and faster, occasionally sending off mini-signals in differing directions. Soon, the camera diverts to follow one of these signals. Following it to its source, we come out of a different computer entirely, with a new face to it. We have ended up in Dexter's Laboratory.
Checking his "Sent Items" folder, he is very displeased to see that his Email to Sakurai has been deleted. Keeping a level head for a few seconds, thinking about rewording his next, his quiet demeanor is interrupted by a loud crash in the background. "DEEDEE! GET OUT OF MY LABORATORY!" The noise quiets down, and we hear the sound of a sliding door shut. Dexter makes a sigh of relief, and goes back to editing his Email. Pleased with the new version, he sends it out, then goes to examine the sound. Creeping around a canister or some strange fluid that looks oddly like a large Lava Lamp, he sees a strange figure standing in an open area. It is a large penguin, wearing what appears to be a bathrobe and carrying a large hammer. Enter King Dedede.
The King spots Dexter as he quickly dodges back behind the canister, the camera at his point of view. The camera cuts to a close up on Dexter, who is biting his lip and sweating. Regaining his composure, he turns to look at where Dedede was... but he has disappeared. Sensing this intruder as a greater threat than his sister, he races back to his computer. Ripping the mouse from the port, he unscrews the little holder that keeps the ball in, and takes it out. Internally questioning why he made such an elaborate exit route, he pulls off one of the floor tiles, and desperately searches for the niche to put the ball in. Seeing a brown lump in the way, he pushes it away, only for it to move back into place. Dexter looks up, and finds himself staring into the face of... Waddle Dee.

Fight 1
Play as: Dexter
Play against: Waddle Dee

Course: Dexter's Lab (see Akiak's Dexter moveset)

A standard battle, you have 3 stocks with the opponent having one. If you reach your final stock, an Assist Trophy will appear, which the Waddle Dee ignores. Activating it will call Deedee onto the field.

Dexter pants from the battle, not used to this sort of physical exertion. However, there's always time to celebrate. He pumps his hands in the air, proclaiming victory. A shocked look comes into his face, however, as he realizes that he no longer has the ball in his hand.Looking around him frantically, he sees Dedede once again some distance away. Pumped up from the battle with Waddle Dee, he challenge Dedede himself to a battle. Dedede seems amused at this, and pulls out Waddle Dee after Waddle Dee, throwing them in front of him. Dexter's challenging look slumps at this, and even further as he watches the Waddle Dee army chasing after him, Dedede in among them.

Fight 2
Play as: King Dedede, CPU Waddle Dee, CPU Parasol Waddle Dee
Play against: Dexter, Deedee assist trophy

Course: Dexter's Lab (see Akiak's Dexter moveset)

This is another 3-stock match, with Dexter having only one. Your Waddle Dee partners take double knockback, but with the battle being as unbalanced as it is this hardly matters.

Dexter collapses to the floor, spent from the battle. King Dedede reaches out a hand to pick him up to his feet, much to Dexter's surprise. Standing up, Dedede begins to explain the situation to him as they walk out of the laboratory. King Dedede is (unsurprisingly) on Sakurai's side, and Dexter is one of the researchers that Master Hand had attempted to make contact with. An understanding look comes to Dexter's face, and he rubs the back of his head, sheepishly, as if to apologize for the conflict. King Dedede laughs and pats him on the back, knocking off Dexter's glasses. Readjusting them, Dexter still appears to have doubts on the situation as they exit the lab, the door sliding shut behind them. All is calm and peaceful in the lab for a few seconds... and then, with ominous music, Deedee slides across the screen, with a big smile on her face. This does not bode well...

Chapter 1; Part 2: A Sign of Conflict

Paying homage to the final phase of the transfer through the internet, we come out of another computer into a dark room. The laptop being on the floor, it is not possible to discern the identity of the person sitting at the desk across the room, their back turned to us. They appear to be writing down something, however. The camera has turned off to the side at this point, and is focusing on the seated figure. The laptop makes a slight beeping noise, signaling that the Email has been returned. Sitting up straight (straighter, rather. He seems to be in a perpetual slouch) at this, he pushes themselves off from the desk, rolling to the laptop with his rolling chair. Spinning as he does so, he reveals his face to the camera... enter L. As L checks his mail, we zoom out of the building, leaving him for the moment.
We discover that L resides inside of a standard-issue apartment, nothing special. Moving down to the lobby of the building, we discover that two people are trying to check in, without much success. Says the aging clerk: "Now, who did you say you two were?" "Not this again... I'm Rock Volnutt, and this is my sister, Roll Casket. We're passing through town, and we need a room. Don't make me say it for a fourth time." "Oh, yes. I have your reservation right here! Here are your room keys, enjoy your stay in Kanto!" The clerk gives hem a wide smile, and motions them to be on their way. A stunned look forms over Rock's face, him twitching a little. Roll pulls on his arm, leading him up to the room. The clerk turns to the next customer, an impatient looking Pokemon Trainer, making a cameo appearance.
Changing scenes back to L's apartment, we can see that L is unsatisfied with Sakurai's reply. (Quick Clarification: All the deleted messenges were sent back as form letters.) Spinning back over to his desk, he pulls out a Wispa candy bar from the top drawer, and attempts to peel the wrapper. This proves out to be more difficult for him than he first thought, him straining to open it. Soon, his grip slips, and it flies out of his hands, hitting the wall. Amazingly, it pulls itself up from the ground, challenging L to a fight. L, not willing to give up even the slighest of sweets, accepts the challenge. This has become a fight to the death.

Fight: 3
Play as: L
Play against: Wispa
Course: A dark room, with walk-off edges. Nothing special. It is impossible to Star KO here.

Playing as L, your job is to kill Wispa twice. The first life she plays like she would in vs. mode, but she takes triple knockback on her second life, because only the wrapper remains. L has one stock.

After defeating Wispa, L picks up the corpse of the defeated confection... and eats it, savoring every bite. Returning to his desk, he hears a commotion outside, the sound of people moving into the room next door. Shaking his head, he continues writing.
Panning out to directly outside L's room, we see Rock and Roll coming up the stairs. "Man, was that ridiculous," says Rock, "You'd think the guy was deaf. Well, tomorrow we're out of this place anyway. What did you have in mind to do here, anyway?" Roll grins at this, and says, "I know! Let's go visit Mr. Sakurai!" Rock frowns at this, a slight tremor coming over his body.
Empathizing with him, Roll says, "Oh you're not still mad at him, are you? I'm sure that he meant to send you that invitation, he just-"
"It's fine, Roll. We can go see him tomorrow. I need some rest, it's been a long day."
Rock and Roll go into their room, right next to L's. Rock collapses on the bed, and immediately falls asleep. The camera looks at him for a while, then moves to look out of the window. Through the wonders of time-lapse photography, the time changes from late afternoon to nighttime. We see a hooded figure float up and into the room... Death has made his entrance. Hovering noiselessly toward Roll's bedside, he extends his hand in her direction... withdrawing it quickly as she turns over in her sleep. Once she lies still again, he reaches a second time... to plasma fire. The camera turns, revealing the source of the attack as Mega Man. Grasping his scythe, Death rushes towards him.

Fight: 4
Play as: Mega Man
Play against: Death

Course: A dark room, with walk-off edges. Nothing special. It is impossible to Star KO here.

On the left side of the stage, Roll is sleeping. Defend her from attack. If she takes 25%, you lose, and must redo the battle. Team attack is on, (your own attacks can hurt Roll), and you each have one life apiece.

Death takes his loss easily, after falling to his knees, he flies out of the window and disappearing. Mega Man does a quick once-over to make sure Roll is alright, then leans up against the wall, looking where Death had been and wondering why he had come...
Moving back to L's room, we find him still on the computer, doing research. The Kira case surely is taking his toll on his life... hearing the crashing sounds in the room over, however, he looks up, and closes his laptop. Walking out of his room, he hesitates before knocking at the door. When he does, he hears nothing but silence. Knocking again, he says, "Uhh... hey. Y'know, it would be nice if you kept it down in there... some people are trying to sleep. Thanks..." As he turns to leave, the door is opened by Megaman. L examines him from head to toe, and says, "Hmm. So, what was going on in there?"
Megaman motions him inside, where L notices all of the burn marks on the walls/ceiling and ripped furniture. Looking Mega straight in the eyes, L says, "I see you have a problem. Mind if I offer my help?" The duo shake hands. An alliance has been formed.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Use as many of my movesets as you please, you're encouraged to, as are all SSE makers, and the same pretty much goes for anyone. I'd prefer if you used the Joker and/or AI Colonel if you aren't gonna use that many.

. . .So pretty much everyone has an SSE now but. . .Pretty much everybody sides frogman, Sundance, Kibble, Mendez, and K. Rool, the later 3 who would never do one in all likelihood.

I think we have over 10 of these now. . .Let's count.

1:MasterWarlord
2:Hyper_Ridley
3:Chris Lionheart
4:TWILTHero
5:Spadefox
6:Agidius
7:Kholdstare
8:~Cruxis~
9:Gold_Wyvern
10:Sonic the Baron
11:Commander Blitzkrieg

. . .Exactly over 10. What a coo winky dink! Probably one I forgot in there too what with how many there are. . .

Agi

Smash Lord
Okay, I can throw them both in there. I'll take Dimentio as well, he seems like a fun personality to work with.

I've been wanting to do this for a while now, figured this was as good a time as any.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Use as many of my movesets as you please, you're encouraged to, as are all SSE makers, and the same pretty much goes for anyone. I'd prefer if you used the Joker and/or AI Colonel if you aren't gonna use that many.

. . .So pretty much everyone has an SSE now but. . .Pretty much everybody sides frogman, Sundance, Kibble, Mendez, and K. Rool, the later 3 who would never do one in all likelihood.

I think we have over 10 of these now. . .Let's count.

1:MasterWarlord
2:Hyper_Ridley
3:Chris Lionheart
4:TWILTHero
5:Spadefox
6:Agidius
7:Kholdstare
8:~Cruxis~
9:Gold_Wyvern
10:Sonic the Baron
11:Commander Blitzkrieg

. . .Exactly over 10. What a coo winky dink! Probably one I forgot in there too what with how many there are. . .
And I honestly doubt that many of those will be finished. Not targeting anyone in particular, I'm just saying.

Hyper_Ridley

Smash Champion
Lulz, your SSE title is the name of my first level. That means you're SSE is doomed to be only as good as a single level in mine. :bee:

Agi

Smash Lord
Lulz, your SSE title is the name of my first level. That means you're SSE is doomed to be only as good as a single level in mine. :bee:
Bah. I've never been good with names...

Knowing your writing skills, however, you're probably right.

This following spoiler tag actually is a spoiler, for once.

The title is actually a revelation of the main protagonist, if you know where to look.

Agi

Smash Lord
Thanks for the support of this, I was a bit skeptical of it myself, but I'm glad to see others like it.

I felt it necessary to give Sakurai a companion. Who better to fit him than the Roomba?

Don't expect much more of him (Roomba) to appear, I mainly just wanted to get this off the ground. You'll notice how I killed one off...

Also... how do I change the title, now that I have a name? *is frustrated*

KingK.Rool

Smash Lord
I like writing, myself, but this kind of project seems too expansive and too time-consuming. In all likelihood, as you say, Warlord, I won't be writing one any time soon.

Anyway, looks good so far, agidius, I'm loving the use of Roomba, of all characters/movesets! However, I notice a teeny lil' error up there...

36: Jafar by ~Cruxis~
:bee:

Agi

Smash Lord
However, I notice a teeny lil' error up there...

agidius said:
Jafar by ~Cruxis~
:bee:
...my bad. That's what I get for putting in characters from the same universe without rechecking who made them... *fixes*

Good job catching that. I shall now begin reorganizing them by creator, to make sure nothing else weird happens.

Agi

Smash Lord
He isn't happy... it said he's very displeased. O_O
You see, he's desperately trying to reach him... ok, I can see I need to explain that better so that future chapters make more sense... Ill put Klump and Krusha in.

Agi

Smash Lord
Yeah, I had a hard time wording that, and I'm still not satisfied with the result. I'll find an image later.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
I like this SSE so far. It's got a nice vibe to it, primarily from making Sakurai a leading/opening character. Please, do continue.

~Cruxis~

Smash Ace
Rofl @ Rock out of character.

Awesome stuff. That long paragraph killed me, but it was cool. Nice Dexter pic. You actually motivated me to continue my SSE sooner. Thanks

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The awkwardness of Rock and Roll and Megaman both being in it with rock and megaman being the same person is awkward. Other then that, good.

I've got some big progress on my next chapter, but my power is probably gonna be out for 2 days so I'll just be stuck doing absolutely nothing. . .But if not, wootage!

I liked the inclusion of Wispa. . .But you already killed her off. How are you going to bring her back? Have a level inside of L's stomach? And I believe you meant that just the chocolate was left on her second stock, not the wrapper.

Agi

Smash Lord
Wait... aren't Rock and Megaman the same person...? I really need to get my hands on a Megaman game...

And remember, Wispa is a chocolate bar. There are plenty more around, trust me.

Agi

Smash Lord
Hey, thanks! Glad to see you back.

I wanted an extensive Mother section, and you had made a lot of movesets for them, so...

They're scheduled to appear in about two chapters.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hey, thanks! Glad to see you back.

I wanted an extensive Mother section, and you had made a lot of movesets for them, so...

They're scheduled to appear in about two chapters.
Im not "back" yet per say, im in guatamala and have limited computer access, haha. ill be back jan 5th.

I plan on making a masked man moveset next, btw...

Agi

Smash Lord
Well, you know what I mean.

I may just have to replace Porky with Masked Man... we'll see how the story unfolds.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Rofl @ Rock out of character.

Awesome stuff. That long paragraph killed me, but it was cool. Nice Dexter pic. You actually motivated me to continue my SSE sooner. Thanks
Uh, I made that pic....:dizzy:

Anyways where are you agi??? This is the only SSE where Dex is already included.

Top Bottom