• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffered IC fthrow Infinite on Heavyweights and Others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smaci92

Smash Lord
In conclusion, it works on: Bowser, Dedede, Donkey Kong, Samus, Ike, Meta Knight, G&W, Sheik, Zelda, R.O.B, Mario, Zamus, and SoPo.

To perform (he briefly told me how in one of our conversations):
Oh, and this works on Rob :p. Sort of. You just have to step forward a tiny bit like DDD's small step CG.
...if you still can't get it, ask on this thread, and Chibi will try his best to answer your questions ASAP. :p

The videos are here:
Bowser
Samus

If those links don't work, click these:
Bowser
Samus

GOOD LUCK AND HAVE FUN! ;)
-Myself for making the video lulz =P

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Holy, too good.
xD
Ill have to annoy people with this later.
Too bad about ROB, though. :(
Rob always finds a way to get passed ice climbers.

cycon365

Smash Apprentice
NO, THIS ISN'T TRUE, THIS THROW.

oh well, I'll just work harder on gimping ice climbers

Baro

Smash Journeyman
I've known about this one for a while :/

And even if I hadn't, I'd be pretty unimpressed. To a good Ice Climbers, this CG is nice to know, sure, but the IC's CGs are versatile enough that it's unecessary. Just do f or d throws to the edge, bthrow, then go to the other side. Like, jesus. End in a smash or a spike when you'd like. Besides, this only works on heavies so... yeah. I'm not going to learn it. I'm going to stick with my other CGs which I'm already **** good at.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Is it a buffered fthrow after a bthrow?
I'll have to let chibi answer that one when he gets home from school. I just began learning this...and also, I didn't know what you meant by "buffered" fthrow after a bthrow?

if I knew what that meant, I might be able to answer you...

edit: I didn't understand the "buffered" and the "bthrow" part of your question. cause I didn't see a bthrow used...

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I'll have to let chibi answer that one when he gets home from school. I just began learning this...and also, I didn't know what you meant by "buffered" fthrow after a bthrow?

I suck with smash terms (so I usually use my own), but if I knew what that meant, I might be able to answer you...

edit: I didn't understand the "buffered" and the "bthrow" part of your question. cause I didn't see a bthrow used...
Oh ok. I'll just have to be patient and wait to watch the video. :dizzy:

Oh, and buffered just means that you input a command before you're able to do it. The game has a buffering system that allows you to input commands before you're able to do them, and you'll perform them as soon as possible.
(That probably didn't make any sense.)

smaci92

Smash Lord
Oh ok. I'll just have to be patient and wait to watch the video. :dizzy:

Oh, and buffered just means that you input a command before you're able to do it. The game has a buffering system that allows you to input commands before you're able to do them, and you'll perform them as soon as possible.
(That probably didn't make any sense.)
lol you didn't watch the video yet! ...when you see it you'll be surprised...hehe

oh ok...I new that definition a long time ago...forgot it I guess

And even if I hadn't, I'd be pretty unimpressed. To a good Ice Climbers, this CG is nice to know, sure, but the IC's CGs are versatile enough that it's unecessary. Just do f or d throws to the edge, bthrow, then go to the other side. Like, jesus. End in a smash or a spike when you'd like. Besides, this only works on heavies so... yeah. I'm not going to learn it. I'm going to stick with my other CGs which I'm already **** good at.
I don't mean to start an argument, so don't take me too seriously....but, there was no proof that you knew about this throw before anyone. Yes, maybe you did know about it, but you never made a thread revealing it to everyone, so I think that Chibi SHOULD get the "discovery" credit.

and lain was asking for a way to "infinite" fatties...he wasn't asking for a way to a throw them across the stage. and plus, it's hard for many people to turn around with a bthrow on fatties like you said. Bthrow timing can vary for each heavyweight, and that's why we need a new and easier infinite for heavyweights that DOESN'T use bthrows...;)

NO, THIS ISN'T TRUE, THIS THROW.
ummmm...yes it is a true infinite. If you watched the video, they stay in one place for the majority of the time...If it's not "true", I dunno what is! lol :bee:

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
lol chibi is too good <3

jeez FP, you should use chaingrabs when you play...you're missing out on so much :laugh:
no. i now what its like to be on the other side of the CG ad its no fun. i prefer to have a match where both people can actively engage each other over and over again rather than just get a grab and throw them back and forth for 10 minutes until they just put down the controller.... but thats just me.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

If you already knew it, how are you gonna learn it?

This seems to work much better than the basic chaingrab you described because of the small amount of time that it kills in. It looks cool and should freak the other person out if they don't know about it. I'ma learn it, lol. :]

Barge

All I want is a custom title
At first I thought it would just be a fast fthrow, but it turned out to be a very fast fthrow in place.
Im trying this later, that's for sure.
I can definitely see a debate about its ban coming up soon, if used in a tournament.

smaci92

Smash Lord
This seems to work much better than the basic chaingrab you described because of the small amount of time that it kills in. It looks cool and should freak the other person out if they don't know about it. I'ma learn it, lol. :]
Ya, it kills so fast...It gives 8 freaking % every grab...:bee:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hahaha looks like other people are starting to look into buffering other throws as well. As soon as the bthrow to fthrow buffer was shown I went to training mode and practiced all the variations of the alt throws with buffering.

You should try bthrow to dthrow buffer it looks amazing lol.

Oh, and this works on Rob :p. Sort of. You just have to step forward a tiny bit like DDD's small step CG.

Edit: I just read through the thread and LOL. You people are rediculous. Yes, it is possible for people to have known about this if they payed attention the the topic where they showed off the nonmoving CG which was buffered bthrow to buffered fthrow. In that topic I posted that I had started messing around with buffering the other variations of his alt grabs and mentioned this.

Also, this doesn't make IC's any better. At all. Zip. IC's can already 0-death every character in the game. This is just another way to do it.

I'm not trying to discredit the OP but people are freaking out for no reason.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
lawl Hylian. yeah people are freaking out about it. i did for bout a minute.xD didnt know bout buffering the throws into another one. gottta try that

Teh Future

Smash Master
omg Ive been doing the first fthrow of this for a little while, but I always go into a dthrow back to popo, I didn't realize heavies are so big that you can just do it over and over again pretty much in place.

Edit: also Hylian: when you say buffering, do you mean that you're just entering the throw command before the other ice climber has recovered from the throwing animation so they won't move forward?

double... edit: ok Im pretty sure my definition of buffering is right but I was having trouble doing double fthrows because you have to tilt the control stick in the same pattern to keep the throws so the other ice cilmber won't move but the timing to grab them is different. So basically this is what I came up with. buffered fthrow to bthrow. LOL bthrows on heavies works awesome. once you buffer the fthrow to nana, use nana to bthrow to popo. Because the throw is buffered, popo is already in position to just turn around and grab with the bthrow, you don't have to move forward like if it was a regular fthrow to nana. eh hopes that makes sense, but I find it a lot easier than fthrow to fthrow, and it looks almost like how you can chain light characters so I think it's funny.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I have yet to watch the video, but I'm guessing it's just buffered fthrows.
Looks cool, but it's really not game-breaking.

I'm with Hylian... I like the buffered bthrow>dthrow. :bee:
It's very platform-friendly.

Teh Future

Smash Master
how is dthrow platform friendly? fthrow to fthrow and my version would be but doesn't anything with dthrow cause the other ice climber to drop below the platform?

Also I think using fthrow to bthrow is actually easier because you only have to buffer one grab, that way you're not rushed with the other one and you can take a little bit of time and make sure you don't mess up.

smaci92

Smash Lord
how is dthrow platform friendly? fthrow to fthrow and my version would be but doesn't anything with dthrow cause the other ice climber to drop below the platform?

Also I think using fthrow to bthrow is actually easier because you only have to buffer one grab, that way you're not rushed with the other one and you can take a little bit of time and make sure you don't mess up.
wait, by fthrow to bthrow, are you talking about the one that lain does at 4:17 in this vid:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkA0nx8XOlE

except replacing the dthrow with fthrow??

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman

If you buffer the dthrow, the Climber that would initially fall through the platform is still in the throw animation, keeping them from falling through.

Buffered fthrows of fthrow to bthrow would do the same, I just find bthrow to dthrow easier to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom