• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

European Online SSB64 tourney, 24 January 2009 Singles done!

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Brackets (Singles):

Brackets (Doubles):

It is time for a European only tournament, and hopefully a big one too! For those of you not familiar with online SSB64, there are some good threads in this forum (Smash 64 Discussion).

Game: Super Smash Bros 64 (kaillera, the US version of the game)
Tournament Organizer: Lawrencelot, AvengerAngel is the backup TO, if you have any questions and I'm not there you should contact him.
Date: 24 January 2009 (Saturday)
Time: The tourney will start at 12:00 (noon) GMT+1, that's 11:00 AM GMT. Everybody has to check in at that time. If you are too late, you can't join the tourney anymore unless anybody has a bye or you told me ahead of time. You can use the time before that to look for a teammate if you haven't found one, or to practice, have lunch, or whatever.
Online location: alz.ath (94.23.10.207:27888 , French server). If you have any problems joining that server to chat (you can play somewhere else if you want), contact me via this board, email, msn or whatever. Check this thread to see the most up to date info. If several people have problems joining alz.ath because it's full or whatever, we all go to EGX, which I will announce in this thread.
Requirements: be in Europe, have Project64k, you should be able to have a playable match with most Europeans.
Emulator: Project64k in general, but if your opponent has Mupen you can use that as well. If your opponent has p2p you can use that instead of the server. Just do whatever results in the best play.
Tournament Type: Singles and Teams, if there are enough people we do round robin + double elimination, else only double elimination.

Rules:
-best of 3, winners and losers finals best of 5, Grand finals best of 7
-5 Stock
-No items, Team Attack ON for teams
-Advanced Slob Picks: after the first match, the loser picks a stage, then the winner picks a char, then the loser picks a char.
-Stages: Hyrule and Dreamland are neutral stages. The first match must be on one of these stages, if the players don't agree then the first stage is Hyrule. Counterpick stages are Peach Castle and Kongo Jungle.
-If a set becomes unplayable due to desynch or lag or whatever (1-2 desynchs is not unplayable) the player that causes this problem loses the set. 3 desynchs=loss unless the opponent decides to continue trying. If you don't know who's the cause, just restart or discuss with your opponent what's best.

Player list in order of sign-up:
Singles:
1. Lawrencelot (Netherlands)
2. Avenger-Angel (Italy)
3. Mad-Fighter (Germany)
4. craiigg (United Kingdom)
5. Thino (Italy)
6. Mahie (France)
7. Dark (Spain)
8. Nixxxon (Spain)
9. Fuzzyness (United Kingdom)
10. Thana7os (France)
11. stRIP (Germany)
12. Fiyuri (Germany)
13. Urulok (Spain)
14. Im_Hope (France)
15. Branzillo (Italy)
16. J. Seigal (Spain)
17. MUGG (Germany)
18. _xXGogetaXx_ (Germany)
19. Navntøsen (Norway)
20. Dave_UK (United Kingdom)
21. karu_no_saru (Germany)
22. phex (Germany)
23. Suma (Germany)
24. ChangLee (Germany)
25. Wiidl (Norway)
26. Seretur (Italy)
27. me133(7) (Austria)
28. .selebu (Germany)
29. miakx (France)
30. l!nk (Germany)
31. Shikiso (Spain)
32. surrealista (Spain)
33. Seala (Sweden)
34. Kashin (Netherlands)

Teams:
1. Lawrencelot + Mad-Fighter
2. craiigg + Avenger-Angel
3. Fiyuri + MUGG
4. Dark + J. Seigal
5. stRIP + _xXGogetaXx_
6. Wiidl + Navntøsen
7. Nixxxon + Dave_UK
8. Mahie + Thana7os
9. Planned + Random
10. Branzillo + Seretur
Fuzzyness + ?
Seretur + ?

Tigerb0mbz

Smash Journeyman
i would join but therefore ill just win and it woulndt be fair for any of u euros...GG K THX BAI

craiigg

Smash Lord
jeez tiger, obviously spam is obvious? obvious infraction follows..

and yeah charles im with avenger, WE GON MESS U UP NICE

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Update: please state where you're from when you sign up. So far, I only don't know where Thana7os is from. And Thino, just noticed you're from Morocco... not really Europe. I assume you're in Morocco at the date of the tourney?

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
Thanatos is french.

Thino is italian (IIRC lmao) but lives in Morocco. If he fixed his connection I think we could play with just 3-4-5 frames of delay, and that's pretty decent I suppose

Öni

Smash Cadet
Please add karu_no_saru from Germany ;D
And he will very likely team with me133(7) from Austria.
But just wait for me133(7) until he confirms it. He will register here pretty soon. (I think he also has an older acount...)

Oh, we also have a SSB64-Crew in the german speaking countries...
will there be crewbattles, too? ;P

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
Why isn't Mupen64k set as the default emulator?
As I know, there are issues playing with controllers ONLINE with Project64. It shouldn't be a problem to just download Mupen64k and use that emulator instead, as it is by far the best emulator out there.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Mupen is better, but not everyone uses Mupen. PJ is still the standard, and most threads that explain how to play online use PJ, and I want people who play on console to not get too confused using different emulators. You can always ask your opponent to use Mupen, but I'd like to keep PJ the standard for this tourney. I prefer Mupen myself too, if that makes you feel better ;)

I did not know about issues with controllers with PJ, everybody uses PJ for years and it's always been good, it's just that Mupen is better in some aspects (not all).

If there are at least two crews we can do crewbattles, or maybe we could do that the next day if singles+teams takes too long. Are you in as well Öni?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
There's only 2 advantages pj64k has:

- Runs smoother on really old systems where mupen might lag a bit from computer not being good enough

- Cheat codes.

For everything else, mupen blows it out of the water.

WIDL

We Are Born
I'll join in, if I find myself a good controller, since, playing with keyboards is kind of sucky.

I'll give further information later, but for now, you can sign me up. (as you can see, I'm from Norway ^)

craiigg

Smash Lord
I personally think crews should be no more than 10 players each otherwise it's gonna take a hell of a long time to finish

Also I think, instead of splitting into north/south or east/west because of country issues (germany can be counted as north or south, east or west because its so central)

There should be two captains.. I nominate me and Lawrence LOL, we will take turns picking our players with someone watching us (over MSN) and then announce the teams....

views?

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
I prefer crews of people who belong together, like people who are in a clan together, already in a crew together, live in the same country/region, or whatever. If that's not possible craiggs idea sounds fine. But I'm not sure if there is time for this on the same day, maybe there is though.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Actually I think we are about 5-7 persons in €S, although I don't really remember...That's already more than enough.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
not fair, there isnt any crew in europe besides that €S one (which i didnt know tho)... I think we should do equitative teams

I agree with craiigg

craiigg

Smash Lord
Jam5, he's oldd schoooool and plays with me alot.

Would probably **** everyone in this tourny lol

Having ES vs everyone else would be destruction... =s

€$ =

craiigg
AvengerAngel
Seretur
Mad
Lawrence
Dave_UK
Jam5

Top Bottom